What would your view of America be if it isolated itself after WWII?

Would your view of the USA change if it politcally and militarily isolated itself after WWII?

• I would likely think better of it.

Votes: 22 53.7%
  • I would likely think about the same.

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • I would likely think worse of it.

Votes: 16 39.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Cookie Eating Huskarl said:
Is it wrong to imagine you holding up a heavy metal ladle and whacking elen over the head when you said that? :lol:

No, but its wrong that it turned you on :razz:

Elenmmare said:
You forgot the part where the college student then proceeds to donate a good portion of his income to help the disadvantaged, or the part where he's the first to respond to that tsunami, or that earthquake.

Amazingly enough, the fact someone helps the disadvantaged does not in any way tend to mitigate the response when they trash your home.

Archonsod said:
Elenmmare said:
You forgot the part where the college student then proceeds to donate a good portion of his income to help the disadvantaged, or the part where he's the first to respond to that tsunami, or that earthquake.

Amazingly enough, the fact someone helps the disadvantaged does not in any way tend to mitigate the response when they trash your home.

So if America hadn't been dicking with the world these last 50 years, the 2004 tsunami wouldn't have happened? Doing beneficial acts doesn't erase your harmful acts, but it does even things out.

Archonsod said:
Hitler was kind to animals. Does that mean the holocaust is alright? :roll:

Again, you're evaluating each action individually by themselves, not their resulting reflection on the individual as a whole. For the reason of giving Godwin a bit of a rest, let's look at Cecil Rhodes. The man ruthlessly crushed indigenous opposition, but also established universities and scholarships around the world with the idea of advancing the unity of man. I view the first action as morally reprehensible, and the latter as unquestionably benevolent. Yet when judging the man, I bring both into the equation, thus I see Rhodes as neither reprehensible nor benevolent, rather a misguided, twatish romantic with a propensity for eating.

Well the Americans did help alot in questions of Democracy because of the cold war reasons we all know about like anti-communism and stuff but personally to me and my country the US didnt really help anything here and only done it worst....
Thanks Kennedy for supporting Angola's armed groups(which would later end up with Angola's Civil war) and the Portugese kick out of Africa and all the other colonies that made us rich while other countries(like england or france or even the US) that supported the decolonization today still have colonies 5.000 miles away from their homeland....

The american support on UNITA or MPLA caused inderectly our colonists massacre including family friends and babies/pregnant women or even children and the loss all my ****ing family's wealth....

Other then the effect it had directly on me with this last thing I talked about I do think the US were indeed helpful, this also because I do love Democracy and I do love the republicans.

Elenmmare said:
Again, you're evaluating each action individually by themselves, not their resulting reflection on the individual as a whole.
Yep. That's what people do. Like I said, if you come around and trash my house, the fact you might also donate vast sums of money to charity is not in any way going to make me think you're less of a twat. It's a little thing called self-bias, anything involving me directly is naturally assumed of more import than anything which doesn't.
Replace me with a Palestinian and the trashing with funding Israel. And the main problem for the US is due to that whole Cold War business there's not many countries whose lawn it hasn't shat on at some point in the last half century.
let's look at Cecil Rhodes.
Yes, a man remembered as an utter **** despite being nothing more than the archetypal man of his time.

Blodheafodban said:
No Korean War, Vietnam War, Iraq War et cetera. Would your views of the United States be better, worse or the same?
Better. They'd look less stubborn, nosy, stuck-up spoiled ****es - as a country/people, that is, not individually.

Oyipggy said:
You are aware the Europeans are more stubborn, stuck up and spoiled? :razz:

Depends on the individual, just like with everything.

But Europeans who frequent the internet do seem to have a severe superiority complex.  :razz:

Back
Top Bottom