What would you describe as "eyesores" in the current state of the game?

Users who are viewing this thread

^^^Yeah more cape variety is needed.

A lot of shoulder armours don't fit properly, they float above the body or are just too wide/bulky and make the wearer look cartoonish.
Mail coif in some helmets clips horribly with necks.
Lack of cloth physics on a lot of items like scarves.
Rivers on the campaign map are just pale blue shading in a trench.

To name a few.

^^^Yeah more cape variety is needed.

A lot of shoulder armours don't fit properly, they float above the body or are just too wide/bulky and make the wearer look cartoonish.
Mail coif in some helmets clips horribly with necks.
Lack of cloth physics on a lot of items like scarves.
Rivers on the campaign map are just pale blue shading in a trench.

To name a few.
TBH, I do like the Jojo vibe you give off when fully plated (some shoulder armour throughout history was made with that in mind, wide shoulders are intimidating)

Battanian Volunteers look like they just turned up for a friendly game of croquet. Why do so many of them use these two-handed mallets? What sort of semi-barbarian society needs large amounts of whack-a-mole, Looney Tunes, comically giant wooden hammers?
hahahhahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahah

TBH, I do like the Jojo vibe you give off when fully plated (some shoulder armour throughout history was made with that in mind, wide shoulders are intimidating)
It's true. :wink:

c562eaac59437e25d01258c89199b067.jpg

Swarms of looters. C'mon already. There are now other pathways to increase troop experience. Please make bandits a function of security and prosperity.

That looks works for some styles or cultures, like Khuzait armour. But with some of them there is visible space between the armour and the body.

Those scale shoulders the Aserai have are absolutely terrible looking - they look like they're made of pillows. The padded mittens are also atrocious. The worst IMHO is the amateurish Vlandian closed helm.

to me the biggest eye sore is how at day 0 the factions are normal and lords have culture exclusive armies. but with in a few years everyone becomes a modern globalist and start fielding multicultural armies like a netflix show from the last 2 years.

• Too many exactly same names. When you see "Turiados died on the battlefield" and open encyclopedia to check who was that, you have to click through at least 3 different Turiadoses to find the one who died just now. Names should be more diverse.
  • No substantial difference between artisans, merchants, gang leaders and other notables. What is the point of dividing them into different groups when there is not much of a difference between them?
  • Traits play very little role in anything. Logically, if the ruler has a "Merciful" trait he/she should not declare wars every minute or so. Alas, there is no difference between "Cruel" and "Merciful" ruler/lord. Same goes for any other trait.
  • No logic for policies voting. Lords may decline a good policy which would've brought profit to a Kingdom, but they can vote for an absolute trash policy and defend it to the end.
  • Trading is boring. The game turns into a point-n-click if you decide to be a simple trader.
  • Not being to upgrade your workshops (though, it was definitely planned) or interact with your workshop in any other way rather than selling it or changing its production type.
  • Lords don't know how to surrender. If if a lord has 2 petty recruits, he/she will fight to the end. This also referrs back to the point I mentioned above - traits mean nothing in this game, a coward lord will fight to the end just as the brave one.
  • The majority of quests are "Fetch me this in X days". Interesting quests that allow something unusual may be count on the fingers of one hand.
  • Ruler can hardly influence anything. If the majority of lords want something to be voted for - it gets voted for and there is little you can do about it. Ruler is a nominal role in the Kingdom. True German President experience.

to me the biggest eye sore is how at day 0 the factions are normal and lords have culture exclusive armies. but with in a few years everyone becomes a modern globalist and start fielding multicultural armies like a netflix show from the last 2 years.
Tbf, armies tended to get helluva multicultural in real life lol. Especially for conquerors.

Foederati ring a bell? Maybe Sepoys?

The character models are an eyesore. Their bodies look weird but it's really their faces which are more hideous more than anything. Seriously, the people in Bannerlord look like they have fetal-alcohol syndrome.

Warband was of a much lower graphical quality, but at least Warband's characters had a human aesthetic about them. Bannerlord's characters are like if aliens from outer space infiltrated Calradia and began wearing people's skin in attempts to blend in.

The character models are an eyesore. Their bodies look weird but it's really their faces which are more hideous more than anything. Seriously, the people in Bannerlord look like they have fetal-alcohol syndrome.

Warband was of a much lower graphical quality, but at least Warband's characters had a human aesthetic about them. Bannerlord's characters are like if aliens from outer space infiltrated Calradia and began wearing people's skin in attempts to blend in.
If the game was very stylized I could understand why they look that way. But Taleworlds is trying to go for a semi-realistic world. They really need to get some better artists, because when your npcs aren't much better looking than Valheim's you know there's an issue.

Tbf, armies tended to get helluva multicultural in real life lol. Especially for conquerors.
that little fact is true. but works against your logic for the very reason that "multicultural" armies usually lacked the cohesion and morale of armies made of one group of people. particularly notable is the in fighting between factions that sometimes outright lead to defeat on a greater scope, or the fact that these factions are not 100% together means espionage was used to start in fighting as a tactic from their opponent to win without fighting.
with that said. even if an army is made of many different groups of people. they stay amongst themselves. in their own formations and camps of purely one culture. that's how it always worked for reasons such as language, or food. they dont just fight together, they live together and travel together...

another thing is. armies wear UNIFORM so they can LOOK THE SAME. but TW puts in 4 different templates to add DIVERSITY....trying to "look different and unique compared to your peers" was usually punished in the army, anybody with experience would know that.

Elon Musk joked about netflix saying they are waiting for the war to end so they can make a movie about a black ukrainian falling in love with a transgender russian soldier. well, this game certainly has that level of wokeness, albeit setting in a time period of the 1200s.
I love how warrior lords, after their initial defeat in battle. start sitting home sometimes. while letting their wives or daughters lead their clan army to battle....such equality go feminism!
we can have a game about conquering the continent, executing prisoners and generally murdering your way around the globe, but "not enough females" omfg that can't possibly stand. go look at armies today, tell me the % of female soldiers, and most importantly % of female commanders... lol

that little fact is true. but works against your logic for the very reason that "multicultural" armies usually lacked the cohesion and morale of armies made of one group of people. particularly notable is the in fighting between factions that sometimes outright lead to defeat on a greater scope, or the fact that these factions are not 100% together means espionage was used to start in fighting as a tactic from their opponent to win without fighting.
with that said. even if an army is made of many different groups of people. they stay amongst themselves. in their own formations and camps of purely one culture. that's how it always worked for reasons such as language, or food. they dont just fight together, they live together and travel together...

another thing is. armies wear UNIFORM so they can LOOK THE SAME. but TW puts in 4 different templates to add DIVERSITY....trying to "look different and unique compared to your peers" was usually punished in the army, anybody with experience would know that.

Elon Musk joked about netflix saying they are waiting for the war to end so they can make a movie about a black ukrainian falling in love with a transgender russian soldier. well, this game certainly has that level of wokeness, albeit setting in a time period of the 1200s.
I love how warrior lords, after their initial defeat in battle. start sitting home sometimes. while letting their wives or daughters lead their clan army to battle....such equality go feminism!
we can have a game about conquering the continent, executing prisoners and generally murdering your way around the globe, but "not enough females" omfg that can't possibly stand. go look at armies today, tell me the % of female soldiers, and most importantly % of female commanders... lol
Someone's in your head lol. Ignoring your weird obsession with wokeness or cultural marxism or whatever you want to call it...

But uh, no. I don't think your spiel is as clear cut as you might think. Plenty of 'diverse' armies worked fine together and I don't think our ancestors are as close minded as you might think. You stick around with different people long enough and you... actually get used to them.

Seriously, I doubt Varangians wouldn't have mingled around with the other palace guards a little bit. They came across as fun loving, to say the least.

Your little '4 templates' thing tells me you don't even know **** about how the game works lol. Not to mention all the templates basically look the same anyway, so I don't get what you're saying there

Hell, if anything, everyone looks same, and unrealistically so. This is the f*cking middle ages. Hell, I don't even think Romans looked as 'uniform' as you might be led to believe lol.

And if only this game was as woke as you think it is. Need more pronouns in character biographies, more gay couples and rainbow heraldry just to make weirdos like you lose your mind. Because sure, a f*cking Turkish game is going to be as wokebrained as American media. Gtfo lol.

If you haven't seen Elon Musk's recent tweet about Netflix you need to check it out. :iamamoron:

The basic hand meshes being open.

It looks so stupid, why not have a closed fist? It works for gripping and free hands. It's so simple but it reinforces the feeling these aren't characters but disfunctional digital puppets.

Back
Top Bottom