• Bow

Votes: 105 44.3%
  • Crossbow

Votes: 15 6.3%
  • Javelins

Votes: 17 7.2%
  • Throwing Axes/Daggers the like

Votes: 8 3.4%
  • I mainly use melee, but might go with a single slot throwing weapon.

Votes: 11 4.6%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

This was a hard call since you only gave me two choices (reasonably so). You see I generally love a good bardiche on horseback, and I believe we'll be seeing them again. Thing is, I've matured quite a lot as a player since my early Warband days, and I believe I'll be favoring the spear these days. But I know for sure I'll be carrying javelins with me. So in the end... I think I'll go ahead and say spear and javelins.

I still can't decide my first campaign. I'm leaning towards a Vlandian veteran with a horse, lance, shield, and sword. Maybe a few javelins for harassing the enemy. Say he campaigned against the Empire/fought with them as a mercenary and found the effectiveness of the pila to be handy. (I also really like the pila and ash throwing spear in multiplayer, they're very strong throwing weapons.)

But I'm gonna try every faction eventually. Sturgian axeman, Khuzait horse archer, Aserai foot archer and swordsman, Battanian Oathbound, Empire Cataphract, and all other types of play style. One of the first things I want to get is a Freelancer mod so I can enlist in a few lords armies, really RP the veteran aspect by joining as a peasant and working my way up.

In Warband, I usualy equiped myself with
- Bow, Arrows, Arrows, Sword
And my companions with
- Bow, Arrows, Sword, Shield

But in my current game I replaced the sword by maces (blunt damages) for me and my companions in order to have more prisonners to sell.
I think I will follow the same way in BL.
I exactly the same. But I think bannerlord invites to use shield, for the historical period .. the two-handed sword does not seem very long

In warband, I always get a horse and a bow so I can solo hordes of sea raiders. I can to build wealth and and level up the fastest by doing that. In bannerlord, I plan to roleplay as an archer. So my standard loadout would be bow, arrows, a shield and a sabre.

I exactly the same. But I think bannerlord invites to use shield, for the historical period .. the two-handed sword does not seem very long
I do not use two handed because, I did not precise it, I also have a horse. And I do not remember how to calculate the penalty for using two handed weapon with one hand.

In warband, I always get a horse and a bow so I can solo hordes of sea raiders. I can to build wealth and and level up the fastest by doing that. In bannerlord, I plan to roleplay as an archer. So my standard loadout would be bow, arrows, a shield and a sabre.
Same here, I start the game by dealing with looters (I am often in Swadia). That's why I have two quivers of arrows and no shield.
The difficulty is when dealing with forest bandit that have bows too...

Additional question in my mind is that will they let us to have EXPerimental system for special weapon/soldier types like in cRPG.
Then i can go for crossbow or long spear aganist cavs, even trol character with throwable stuffs.

My character to be one tiny princess from Western Empire, seeking justice, so one bow and short sword & small shield.

You might want to reconsider. Maybe not, but maybe so. It's worth, well, consideration!

Long story short, a bow with a weak enough draw weight for a tiny princess to draw to full probably wouldn't do very much damage to men in armor, and the short sword might not be the very best option because it's gonna force her to fight up closer with her opponents. I mention only in case you're going for realism and think, "Hmm! Actually, that's a good point, maybe I should go with a spear or something..."

I have the strange habit to only use weapons and armor that I looted and would consider it unhonorable to buy these things. So in the beginning I`m going to be a poor Looter type victim. :poop:

Later on I would go for Mace, Shield, Spear and Javelin, as I want to fight as a foot soldier. Horseback is for cheaters. :whistle:

You might want to reconsider. Maybe not, but maybe so. It's worth, well, consideration!

Long story short, a bow with a weak enough draw weight for a tiny princess to draw to full probably wouldn't do very much damage to men in armor, and the short sword might not be the very best option because it's gonna force her to fight up closer with her opponents. I mention only in case you're going for realism and think, "Hmm! Actually, that's a good point, maybe I should go with a spear or something..."

The thing is that, she won't go out and fight in battles, she will stand back and let her army deal with the problem, or she will try to escape if the war turns out bad for her army. Her companions will be given heavy shield, long sword, spear, and they will follow her in battlefield, so i assume lightweight short sword, one bow and small shield will be enough for her if some enemy passes through her army, and her companions.

additionally: I really hope TAB will not work how it was in Warband in battlefield. Instead of instant end of battle with one click on TAB, it could be better if we are to keep pressing TAB for a while and one red bar fills in the middle of the screen (just like how it currently is in BattleTest mod, i really like it).

Back
Top Bottom