What unit would you be?

Users who are viewing this thread

Vicccard said:
Agovic said:
Bagration's Camp-de-Aide would be my choice of a position, Russian army of course.... If not that, than Peter I's Camp-de-Aide

It's Aide-de-camp I believe. And didn't Peter I live long before the napoleonics?  :wink:

Always mestake those words xD

And yes, I am not talking about the Russian Tsar, but the other one <clicky>

Ah yes, I indeed mistook him for the Czar  :smile:

I think I'd would either join the french inf(as stated before) or I would join the train de baggage/artillerie
(as an officer  :cool:). I guess I just like that kind of work and I'm kinda good at it  :smile:

I would like to have been a carabiner-a-cheval, but I probably would've ended up as a French or British artillery officer.

I don't get why everyone wants to be cav, having to charge headlong into the enemy...I think i'll take my chances being a nameless number in a massive line where no ones going to target me specifically

TheFlyingFishey said:
I don't get why everyone wants to be cav, having to charge headlong into the enemy...I think i'll take my chances being a nameless number in a massive line where no ones going to target me specifically
When you are up close you at least have somewhat of a choice whether the man in front of you kills you or you kill him, granted that you are skilled of course. Whereas in a line you are susceptible to everything, being unknowingly in the path of some infantry sod's musket ball, being in the sights of some rifleman crouched in the grass somewhere or worst of all being down range from an artilleryman. A lot can go bad for the common infantryman. For a cavalryman, being targeted by roundshot from artillery isn't of the greatest concern given that you are moving (as a cavalryman should be) it's only at close range with canister shot that you need worry about artillery. Plus it's a matter of part love for glory and part lack of self preservation. The kind of person who would be a hussar is the kind of person who has the traits I described just now.

Well in real life i would like to be a Swedish paratrooper (Fallskärmjägare) but in 1800s i would like to be a Swedish Ski trooper cause i like to ski.

In the mod i would like to be santa class aka Pavlovskiy Grenaderskiy Polk (Pavlovsk Grenadier Regiment)

I would be a hussar  as I am most of the time in-game! Here my favourite unit is the Russian hussar - his horse is somewhat more maneuverable and faster than the others or it just seems like that to me. He has a good sаbre, too.

Back
Top Bottom