What TV series are you watching?

Users who are viewing this thread

Been watching Cosmos: A Personal Voyage to see what I've been missing out on for all these years.

It seems I've been missing out on quite a lot. It's a really good show, and I'm interested in how the new Cosmos turns out.

I just want to say that I really, really don't like The Walking Dead.
It's like the soap opera "The Days of Our Lives" with zombies.

But, I digress. I've been watching a lot of Mythbusters lately haha.

Unsere Müetter, unsere Väter.

The three-episode mini-series tells the story of 5 friends, two soldiers who are brother, one woman who is a singer and the lover of a token Jew (His story is cool, just felt hamfisted at first) and a nurse who is in love with the older of the brothers. Oh, and as you might have figured, they are all German, the events take place in Germany and Eastern front. It's a really great series, almost like the German Band of Brothers. I recommend giving it a watch, seen the first two episodes so far, **** just went down, hard.

If you happen to speak German, all the parts are on Youtube apparently, but otherwise you need to use your wit to find the episodes, sadly quite an unnoticed series to my knowledge.

Watching Sons of Anarchy... Surprisingly, pretty darn well executed. Was super skeptical about the series, it's about a California bikers club, but it's addicting.

I just started watching Hannibal on nbc. I'm kinda shocked they got away with a lot of the violence on that show. It's really good if you like psychological horror stories.

Ultimate Force.

Have to say I was a bit sketchy first because the name sounds so cheesy.
I was expecting some cheesy action as well. Fortunately as it turned out the fire fight scene in the first episode was one of the most realistic I've seen in a while.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItrD23gnYhI

Was also delighted of how many familiar faces the first few episodes brought. I'm already saddened by the fact that after another ten episodes the series apparently turns into utter trash.

Mad Men Season 6.

I've loved this show for a long time. The Season 6 launch was appaling in my opinion, and quite a torture; a 1 hour and a half episode (1+2 in one, technically), which would be great normally, but it was so boring, and they showed so much crap I couldn't give less of a **** about.

Took me 3 weeks to shake off my disappointment and go into episode 3, but I liked it a lot more, and I'm glad it's back on track. More SCDP actual work going on, interactions between the old folks, decent intrigue about the good old characters... Yup.

I actually stopped watching it after the second or so episode and haven't bothered with it, not quite sure why :/

Watching the americans now, cause 'merica.

Yeah it grew on me too. Watched the first two ever when I was bored and I started liking it a lot.

The Americans is pretty good, I told you about it some weeks ago.

I'm watching Da Vinci's Demons, and from trailers I was only mildly excited. But watching into the series I love it.
It's sort of Game Of Thrones + Italian Renaissance.

There is also a respectable amount of boobs. :razz:

Back
Top Bottom