• Welcome to the forums on our new hosting setup. Everything should be working the same, but if you run into any problems, please let us know over here.

What TV series are you watching?

Users who are viewing this thread

The Succession is really nice, surprised to not see any mention of it. deeply flawed ambitious people trying to grab power drama in a business setting. It's very well-written

Nodice83

Knight
WBWF&SNWVC
The Succession is really nice, surprised to not see any mention of it. deeply flawed ambitious people trying to grab power drama in a business setting. It's very well-written
Just finished Homeland (sadface hope for season 9) my next stop Succesion. Does anybody know which stream service is it available on?

Ser Jon

Squire
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
Yellowstone never ceases to intrigue me. I am really surprised that a show about cowboys and protecting a ranch is this interesting... :facepalm:

Adorno

Bedroom Assassin
Archduke
WBNWM&BVC
Raised by Wolves is really growing on me. The CGI still looks like a PS4 game and the acting is so-so.
It also takes too long to tell the story while all the mysteries are building up, in danger of going nowhere.
But the story and lore/mythology is really intriguing, and at times so comically absurd that it's a joy to watch.
A quite original sci-fi world.

Severance is really well made, cinematically smooth and stylish, with great acting and solid world-building.
It's based on a very simple premise (the severance procedure) so it's in danger of becoming stale, keeping all the secrets interesting.

Peacemaker is solid. That's how you make a super-hero show. Absurd humour and loveable characters.

Arvenski

Count
M&BWB
Star Trek: Picard, season 2. I watched maybe 3 episodes of the first season, didn't like it, and didn't watch any more. Season 2 is way better, IMO. I've watched 6 episodes so far, and every time I finish one I want to watch more. It's a new story, so I don't feel like I've missed anything by not watching the rest of season 1, which I'm glad of. I know it can take time for a show to hit its stride; hopefully season 1 was the crap one and it'll keep being good from now on.

Adorno

Bedroom Assassin
Archduke
WBNWM&BVC
Raised by Wolves has been cancelled. I'm not surprised, but a bit sad since it was a rare, original show.

Moon Knight was bland and uninteresting. A porridge of Egyptian hullabaloo lore with mental disease (some identity disorder) that has been used many times before. Might have been a good comedy but it's never funny.

Obi-Wan Kenobi looks very nice. The cinematography and aesthetics is closely inspired by the original films.
McGregor as protagonist is a delight. Young Leia is a (much too mature and) intelligent, sassy girl. A bit of a trope.
The story is pretty simple, 'conventional' and moves slowly. Episode 3 is especially uneventful until the end. Episode 4 is tedious with a predictable abduction event, and an ending that makes little sense.
Reva the inquisitor is a bit of a wild card. We learn little of her backstory apart from being an upstart, and apparently a favourite of Vader. Not sure what to think. Maybe it will make sense later. Right now the character seems a bit out of place.

I've never watched The Vampire Diaries or its sequels. I don't think I've seen main characters I have less sympathy for.
You've never seen it, but don't like it? One of those two statements has to be false.

Last edited:
Top Bottom