What TV series are you watching?

Users who are viewing this thread

I had to Google that; but after a quick look on Youtube I agree. It is surprisingly watchable for its age, a lot of it feels similar to what Saturday Night Live became in the 1970s.

I've started watching Arrested Development on Netflix. I'm really enjoying it, and I have to withdraw my past snarky remarks about Jason Bateman (I think it was him); he's a likeable actor. I think I prefer a lot of actors before they get into films, which is when they are forced to become annoying romantic leads/part of an obnoxious 'comedy'/tedious hero with fake gravelly voice. Because that's what films are about.

DanAngleland said:
I've started watching Arrested Development on Netflix. I'm really enjoying it, and I have to withdraw my past snarky remarks about Jason Bateman (I think it was him); he's a likeable actor. I think I prefer a lot of actors before they get into films, which is when they are forced to become annoying romantic leads/part of an obnoxious 'comedy'/tedious hero with fake gravelly voice. Because that's what films are about.

I find that Jason Bateman is great in Arrested Development, and pretty terrible in everything else that he's been in film-wise. Maybe he just works best as a straight man, and he's not taking the right roles?

The first ("original") seasons are pure gold. Love it.
But then they rebooted the show (2018?) and it's plain weird, confusing and not funny. Especially the last episodes.

Jason Bateman is pretty good in Ozark. I can recommend 1st. season (haven't seen the 2nd.)

Watched a few episodes of The Boys. Solid entertainment.

I plan on watching On Becoming a God In Central Florida. It looks great. Anyone seen it?

Quite liking The Capture so far. I think Holliday Grainger is a good actress, and liked her in Strike as well (which is another programme I liked).

Adorno said:
Watched a few episodes of The Boys. Solid entertainment.
Oh yeah. Absolutely loved that one. Got Amazon prime specifically for that and Grand Tour. Also gonna check out Good Omens. But kinda scared they'll **** it up.

Emergence is unoriginal and plain boring. Seen 4 episodes.
A plane crashes and a young girl with special abilites, and amnesia, survives.
The local police chief then protects her from 'bad guys' as she tries to find out who she is.

On Becoming a God in Central Florida has really good acting and some great scenes.
Sadly the first episode is by far the best, and it goes downhill from there.
Still good, but it fizzles out, and there's no proper ending.

Another Life. Suffered through 1½ episodes of pure cringe.
A group of astronauts are on a mission to find the origin of a mysterious alien spaceship that landed on Earth, and potentially save Earth from destruction.
The crew behaves and bickers like high shchool kids, and there's some transvestite (?) wearing high heels as turbulence threatens to destroy the spaceship. WTF.
Just learned there's a season 2 coming, and that's more mysterious than any alien spaceship.

Limetown is based on a popular podcast about a fictional town (Limetown) where an experiment went wrong and 350 people disappeared overnight.
A reporter from public radio investigates, and the story slowly unravels. Seen 4 episodes and it's actually decent. Just a little nervous it's another secret-government-experiment-gone-wrong cliché story.
first show from Facebook Watch I've seen.

El Perro Finlandes said:
Finished The Last Kingdom on Netflix. First and second seasons were a bit meh but the show got much better after Netflix bought it from BBC. Can't wait for season 4.
Yeah, season 3 really was superior in all ways.

Apple+ is now streaming.

Watched first episode of The Morning Show.
A male news anchor is accused of sexual misconduct, and we follow how it affects various people involved on the station.
It's obviously a "post-me-too" show. I fear it might be so politically correct that there are no real conflicts. We'll see.
The question is more whether the viewer will be invested in the people on a fictional TV show. Not sure I'll bother.

See is pretty odd. The premise of a post-apocalyptic world where the few remaining humans are all blind is fun.
The first episode (almost 1 hour long) failed to build the characters, though. And I think that'll be the biggest problem.
The acting is pretty bad, but they also have little to work with. The dialogue is scarce and banal.
The bad guy (Witch Hunter General, or something) is really cliché, and so are some of the others. The "Queen" I'm still trying to figure out.
The show must have been very expensive, but the costumes and general aesthetic makes it look cheap.
I think the only 2 things the show has going for it is the basic lore/story, that could be interesting down the line, and the beautiful Canadian landscape.

On the plus side I've now seen a queen perform a masturbation-prayer  :ohdear:

Just finished watching the first episode of His Dark Materials. I'm excited; It seemed really good. Or at least, it seemed to have a lot of promise: I'm sure the show could go downhill from here, but I hope it doesn't. I've got the opening theme playing in my head already.

I can't remember the last time I was looking forward to this many new TV shows. The first episode of The Mandalorian will be coming out next week, and I assume The Witcher will start sometime in the next couple of months. This should be fun.

So a friend of mine got me into watching Friends (for the first time in my life) and... yeah. I think I've seen more episodes high than sober but it's entertaining either way.

Back
Top Bottom