??? What to du ????

Users who are viewing this thread

pchalk

Regular
I didnt really look around to see if this was asked so srry  :grin:

Im currently in a campaign where Ive taken up Kastor of Velucas claim to the throne of the Rhodocks. I have 10 of the lords and Graveth has 10. I had taken all territories except the castle closest to the sea (estoq i think) when i took that the Lords of the rhodoks all escaped and the parties that were left in the vicinity ran away towards Suno. I cought up with two of them and killed off their armies. But now idk what to do. According to Kastor and the faction report the kingdom of rhodocks still exists even tho they dont have any territories. The swadians went to war with me and when i tried to make peace with them they basically said I have a kingdom where i have declared no allegance and they wont make peace with me cuz of that.

either this is wierd or im a noob  :mrgreen:

You need to defeat all their armies. A cheating but easy way to find them is to enable cheats after you start up the screen that lets you choose what mod or native press configure. Click on the tabs to find the check box that enables cheats. Check it. Go into your game and press ctrl-t that should reveal all parties in the world.

Arkatsson said:
You need to defeat all their armies. A cheating but easy way to find them is to enable cheats after you start up the screen that lets you choose what mod or native press configure. Click on the tabs to find the check box that enables cheats. Check it. Go into your game and press ctrl-t that should reveal all parties in the world.

thanks, yea trying to find all those armies wouldv been a***** if i had to look around for them.

hmm ok i did that found two armies left defeated them and scoured the map even checking other factions castles to make sure they wernt hiding in there. I couldnt find anything else and the same thing keeps happening. Is it possible that another faction defeated one of their lords armies and is holding him prisoner? Would this delay my victory until hes free?

Rhodok trade caravans and peasants also count as enemies. As these "destroy" themselves you don't need to find them, you just need to wait.
Prisoners shouldn't be a problem, in my last game I held the former king prisoner and we still won.
My advice would be just to wait some time, perhaps go and patrol the border where you last saw the loyal (to the king) lords and see if anything happens.

Why would you want to hurry to defeat them?  As long as you are marshal for a claimant who is not king yet, you have more power, such as assigning fiefs.  Once the claimant is on the throne, you get to kiss their pinky ring and lose influence over fief distribution.  And you can never be voted out of marshal as long as the claimant is out of power.

Acutally the power I liked most was to give them troops.
Assigning fiefs was nice if it improved relations but sometimes you are in a situation where you can only please one and anger three lords.

Giving troops is very good also - if you give them enough (so they have 200 in a castle, 300 in a town garrison) you can actually keep properties longer.  Large garrisons seem to scare off attackers.  Downside is you spend most of your time recruiting.

lol ok i guess i see this point of view. Never really thought of it that way. I think I just dont want to b at war with three factions at once. Especially since my idiot lords only garrison like 18 guys in their castles. I dont really want to have to babysit them.

pchalk said:
lol ok i guess i see this point of view. Never really thought of it that way. I think I just dont want to b at war with three factions at once. Especially since my idiot lords only garrison like 18 guys in their castles. I dont really want to have to babysit them.
You have some options here.  Talk to guild masters in your cities (and maybe those you are at war with) and try to get the peacemaking quest.  It really does work and it pays well (especially if you have high persuasion).  And you can help your idiot lords out - transfer troops to them while they are in their castle and those troops will go directly to the castle garrison.  You'll have to do the recriuting and spend your own money, but your lords just might hold on to their castle longer.

lol cool i just waited and peace came with all but one, which is perfect cuz total peace is boring. I didnt know the troops u give go straight to their garrison thatll be helpful.

I was wondering tho what happens to king graveth? did he just disapear, did he go to another faction as a lord or does he show up as a claimant going from city to city.

Back
Top Bottom