What to do?

Users who are viewing this thread

kwdblade

Recruit
Normally no matter what mod I play, I always start off with the merchant/prisoner train to make my money. There doesn't seem to be much to do in the mod though. I did a couple fetch quests, did a bounty hunt, and got some cows for a village, but no one seems to want to give out quests, I can't make enough to buy trade items to sell, and bandits seem to be pretty non existent. Is this more for just joining an army and conquering? Is there special quests beyond the initial "customs" quests? Am I missing something?

Well, first of all, are you in a faction or not? As not sure for what wages work if you're not in a faction, but when you do join one, you don't have to give out any wages. As for making money, I would suggest the following:

1) Enter the arena - you go in, knock a guy with just kick him with E in the nuts and should be first around 10 money, but then after a few fights go up until you reach the 'World Champion opponent' where when you kick him enough, you get 100 money (whatever the money currency is)

2) Doing town quests for the mayor - when you improve relations with a certain city, the prices get lowered while you can sell for a higher one (not sure about selling, but buying should be cheaper) + if you get a quest to 'Save the mayors daughter' or something similar like that, accept that one and get a bigger party for yourself as you'll initially get amount of around 1000 money and then when you go to the party (that's holding the Daughter), you can just use the dialogue option to not give them the money, kill them and still get the daughter so you keep the 1000 and then get even more upon your return to the mayor! :smile:

3) Doing quests for lords - for some reasons, sometimes I'm unable to get much from this since they rarely do give me a quest, and then if they turn out they do give it, it's like, 'Train *insert number* *insert elite troop name* quest which is just time-consuming and tedious and gets rids of your elite troops but oh well... still a quest. Try to talk to Lords while you're at war with a faction as then you might get a quest to 'Capture enemy lord', which is always useful (P.S. try to pick out small enemy armies of like, 40-60 troops as they should be easy to kill early on)

4) You're at war with a faction? LOOT VILLAGES :grin:  - easy money and easy goods

Hope it helps :smile:

EDIT: Try to going to the town mayors and investing in a business when you got the sufficient cash

I did join the Russians and I currently get about 12 francs a week for my rank of corporal. But since I joined the faction none of my lords will give me quests anymore (I used to get occasional "take this message to so and so but they won't give those to "vassals). The only town offering any kind of quest is to find a group of bandits, which I did twice but both times failed instantly with the message "someone else has taken care of this troublesome group" and the only village quests I get are "we need cows milord!" which of course costs money and doesn't get me anything but relations with the village.

As Russia I am only at war with one person, I have joined several battles but even with loot I can't sell for much past maybe 100-150 francs, which I usually need to replenish my forces. I think I will restart and join another faction that is at war with more than one other faction, since war seems to be the only way to make any decent cash. I just wish there was more to it, the mod is beautifully made and I love the musket-era combat. Just seems kind of...barren.  :???:

Back
Top Bottom