Users who are viewing this thread

Came back to check out the game after nearly 6 months, here's what I believe needs to be prioritized in future patches (feel free to disagree in comments)

All of these I've mentioned before, but trying to maintain a glimmer of hope these get addressed.

1) Give Lords unique battle behaviors

In almost every skirmish, AI party leaders will charge full speed ahead of all other troops into enemy formations ensuring
they are the first casualty of the battle.

Lords/Mercenary party leaders should be designated a unique formation that keeps them in the back row, hopefully
guarded by troops similarly to Battian Archers.

2) Auto-sort options for party

Any sort of UI interface that allows us to auto-sort troops based on either rank, formation, or culture.

3) Bartering issues

- Lords will gladly give noble prisoners away for free or even pay you to take them.
-- This should be fixed so that the AI demands equal compensation for the value of the noble.

- Marriage is ridiculously cheap for the value of a noble with high end gear, around 1.5 to 7k Denars
-- Cost of marriage should reflect the clan tier, skills, and equipment value of a potential spouse (40k-70k Denars)

4) Ransom value too low and no negative consequences

- You receive practically nothing for accepting ransom demands, as 2-5k Denars is not worth allowing the enemy to return to the field.
-- Increase value of ransom demands for nobles to 15-30k Denars

- There is no penalty for refusing ransom demands and keeping prisoners indefinitely.
-- We should receive penalties to honor and relations with that clan for refusing ransom.

5) Icons indicating trait gains or loses

The player should receive a notification of whenever they gain or lose trait points.

Additional, dialogue options should indicate whether they affect trait values.

6) Skill trainers for Companions

There needs to be some viable method for raising the skills of companions, as it takes a ridiculous amount of effort on the players part to raise
their skills.

Suggestions:

A:
While left in a settlement, Companions will focus on developing skills prioritized by the player to raise.

B: Hiring tutors or trainers for Companions while left in settlements.

C: Unique party role as a teachers for all hero units to raise up skills based on their proficiencies.

7) Governors should develop additional skills

Governors should not just accumulate charm or stewardship while governing a settlement.

- Whenever a villager party or caravan settlement enters the settlement, they should get Trade exp.
- Whenever prosperity increases, they should get Medicine exp.
- While projects are ongoing or completed, they should acquire Engineering exp.

8 ) Vassals should vote on policies based on cultural presets

Every Kingdom is too uniform and homogenous. Every policy is unanimously loved or hated regardless of personality or culture.

Having a cultural bias to policies would add some level of uniqueness in a horribly bland mechanic.

In almost every skirmish, AI party leaders will charge full speed ahead of all other troops into enemy formations ensuring

Lords/Mercenary party leaders should be designated a unique formation that keeps them in the back row, hopefully
For sure, more self preservation would go a long way. They should also run away or surrender sometimes to reduce the risk of death.

Lords will gladly give noble prisoners away for free or even pay you to take them.
I think it's a bug that's supposed to be fixed in 1.6.5 beta.

Marriage is ridiculously cheap for the value of a noble with high end gear, around 1.5 to 7k Denars
-- Cost of marriage should reflect the clan tier, skills, and equipment value of a potential spouse (40k-70k Denars)
Everyone gets married though and lords all start with that gear. It can be more expensive to if you don't do the dialogue game and arrange directly, then your relations (and possibly rank?) do effect the price, they often want to clean you out early in the game asking for the 40-70k range. I think there can be adjustment but I disagree with paying for the gear because it created another AI cheat paradox: If the player must pay for the gear, even a a reduce %, it delays marriage and children while the AI marries eligible NPCs off for free (they don't even have to move on the map). If the AI has to also pay large amount for marriage, their won't be any because they rarely get that much money together. I understand the bad 'feeling' of "oh a already have the best gear" but it's not really that effective and doesn't change the game very much. You CAN bonk people with a long glaive OR you can watch the Khan's guard next to you do it, not much difference in outcome.
Honesty, there's a strong case to just start the player in a lords gear set because the gear progression is pretty poor and unrewarding.

You receive practically nothing for accepting ransom demands, as 2-5k Denars is not worth allowing the enemy to return to the field.
I think it should go up over time IF the clan is rich or very rich, it's sill how low a faction leader with many fiefs will offer sometimes. But I think the price now is okay for most clans. Of course this assumes the money actually comes out of the Clan/faction in some useful way, it

There is no penalty for refusing ransom demands and keeping prisoners indefinitely.
-- We should receive penalties to honor and relations with that clan for refusing ransom.
I disagree because that becomes no different the just executing lords outright, which we can easily do. Also this would make the player have to interact with notifications rather then just ignore them, which would be a huge annoying addition to and already "click what now?" kind of annoying system of things bothering you constantly. And of course they all get released when peace is declared, really it should motivate the enemies (not your faction) desire for peace more then it does and peace should have a set time, not "lol JK we attack now".

The player should receive a notification of whenever they gain or lose trait points.
Something like this is coming IIRC

There needs to be some viable method for raising the skills of companions, as it takes a ridiculous amount of effort on the players part to raise
their skills.

Suggestions:

A:
While left in a settlement, Companions will focus on developing skills prioritized by the player to raise.

C: Unique party role as a teachers for all hero units to raise up skills based on their proficiencies.

Yeah more options and ways for any of this is an improvement! As is you have to cycle them as party leaders to gain most things and it's kind of a long and in-accurate thing to do.

town management blyat it needs gaddem you, TOWN MANAGEMENTOS!!! CASTLE MANAGEMENTOS!!!
gad demmat.

Came back to check out the game after nearly 6 months, here's what I believe needs to be prioritized in future patches (feel free to disagree in comments)

All of these I've mentioned before, but trying to maintain a glimmer of hope these get addressed.

2) Auto-sort options for party

Any sort of UI interface that allows us to auto-sort troops based on either rank, formation, or culture.

3) Bartering issues

- Lords will gladly give noble prisoners away for free or even pay you to take them.
-- This should be fixed so that the AI demands equal compensation for the value of the noble.

- Marriage is ridiculously cheap for the value of a noble with high end gear, around 1.5 to 7k Denars

4) Ransom value too low and no negative consequences

- You receive practically nothing for accepting ransom demands, as 2-5k Denars is not worth allowing the enemy to return to the field.

- There is no penalty for refusing ransom demands and keeping prisoners indefinitely.

Additional, dialogue options should indicate whether they affect trait values.

their skills.

Suggestions:

A:

Governors should not just accumulate charm or stewardship while governing a settlement.

- Whenever a villager party or caravan settlement enters the settlement, they should get Trade exp.
- Whenever prosperity increases, they should get Medicine exp.
- While projects are ongoing or completed, they should acquire Engineering exp.

Every Kingdom is too uniform and homogenous. Every policy is unanimously loved or hated regardless of personality or culture.

Having a cultural bias to policies would add some level of uniqueness in a horribly bland mechanic.
5) is in the beta right now.
:cool: The policy system is weird I personally think it should be redone, characters, in general, don't have much opinion on anything, let alone being able to act on it.
7) I agree, I also feel that there should be companions that start at low levels so i can easier customize them

Yes! I am a big advocate for these changes to be made in particular. It would add a lot of spice and variety and actually make the NPCs feel more alive, and not just a random assortment of stats and dice rolls who min-max and all use the same tactics. They currently just feel like carbon copies of each other without being unique.

Really? Of all the things that could be fixed from a game that's still very obviously bugged, immersion breaking, and suffering from a lack of actual necessary features these are your most immediate concerns for another patch?
I haven't even used bartering in my 500 hours.
Ransoms aren't that important in the grand scheme of things since late game, money shouldn't be an issue.
Icons? I guess it would be nice but that should be on the bottom of the list since traits don't even do much as of the current version.

A suggestion about lord AI behaving differently...it might help to give lords characteristics individually, sort of like how Crusader Kings operates. This could then have branching code of behaviors of the traits the lord has. For example, let's say the lord was known to be cowardly, he might be more willing to abandon battles, or flee or even sacrifice men to flee, but he could also act accordingly "cowardly" outside of battle too (giving them depth). A lord with strategic might be more challenging on the field etc etc.

I understand there's some behavior for lords already, but I think it might help out with battles if it went even further.

A suggestion about lord AI behaving differently...it might help to give lords characteristics individually, sort of like how Crusader Kings operates. This could then have branching code of behaviors of the traits the lord has. For example, let's say the lord was known to be cowardly, he might be more willing to abandon battles, or flee or even sacrifice men to flee, but he could also act accordingly "cowardly" outside of battle too (giving them depth). A lord with strategic might be more challenging on the field etc etc.

I understand there's some behavior for lords already, but I think it might help out with battles if it went even further.
I like that idea. It is probably good to also send a notification to the player if the ally or enemy lord behaves that way, otherwise you might not even notice that a certain special behaviour is going on.

Lord with vestly different personalities would add a lot to Bannerlord. Imagine the cowardly Lord hiding behind his lines and running away as soon as the numbers swing against them. And fleeing most battles unless they clearly outnumber their opponent.

Or the ruthless lord relentlessly chasing down their targets, beheading their captives, raiding villages and demanding outrageous peace tributes.

Or the noble and courageous lords who are reluctant to raid villages but will fiercely guard their lands and will ride to help their allies.

There's a lot of potential here :smile:

Lord with vestly different personalities would add a lot to Bannerlord. Imagine the cowardly Lord hiding behind his lines and running away as soon as the numbers swing against them. And fleeing most battles unless they clearly outnumber their opponent.

Or the ruthless lord relentlessly chasing down their targets, beheading their captives, raiding villages and demanding outrageous peace tributes.

Or the noble and courageous lords who are reluctant to raid villages but will fiercely guard their lands and will ride to help their allies.

There's a lot of potential here :smile:
Yes I agree, base on every lords personalities, they should react to the campaign map and in battle. It'll be cool, especially if you want to create an army, you can choose specific lords to join your army.

Back
Top Bottom