• ENPL 2

Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Nations Cup 2

Votes: 22 27.8%
  • Something else (please specify)

Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Infantry tournament 15*15

Votes: 16 20.3%
  • Native League (like a soccer league) or ladder(continuous ranking system where clans challenge other

Votes: 17 21.5%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

I think its funny a lot of people voted for the next event to be ENPL 2, would be kind of boring imo to do something we just finished. Imo it 'd be better to do an ENPL 2 in at least half a year or so. I doubt I 'd ever want to do an ENPL 3 after doing ENPL 1 and ENPL 2 right after each other.

UNLESS it wouldn't really be an ENPL 2 but rather a Native League (like a soccer league) instead of a tournament.

I still like the idea of Nations Cup 2, as the next main event (after the 5's tournament).

Morii said:
each other.

UNLESS it wouldn't really be an ENPL 2 but rather a Native League (like a soccer league) instead of a tournament.
Sounds like a nice idea :wink: I'll add it on the poll.

Lord Willy said:
Morii said:
each other.

Sounds like a nice idea :wink: I'll add it on the poll.

Cool! A league like that wouldn't really be an event though, but more like a continuous thing.

I vote for a Minecraft & Blade league: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIYt74dst9g

Anyways... for real I think a league could be good but a ladder system might work better. There are a lot of Warband clans that would want to compete, so having everyone play everyone (like a soccer league) might cause some problems. Especially considering what happened with the Nations Cup (teams lost matches, players got pissed and just lost all enthusiasm).

With a ladder, teams make challenges and decide when they want to play and with who. Some ladders also reward different amounts of points, depending on relative position. So if a Team near the top fights a team near the bottom, they stand to lose a lot but gain little.

This will prevent teams "milking" (as I like to call it :razz:) some of the more [euphamism] casual [/euphamism] teams for points and allow for greater league mobility, which will make for an altogether more interesting competition.

captain lust said:
I vote for a Minecraft & Blade league: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uIYt74dst9g

Anyways... for real I think a league could be good but a ladder system might work better. There are a lot of Warband clans that would want to compete, so having everyone play everyone (like a soccer league) might cause some problems. Especially considering what happened with the Nations Cup (teams lost matches, players got pissed and just lost all enthusiasm).

With a ladder, teams make challenges and decide when they want to play and with who. Some ladders also reward different amounts of points, depending on relative position. So if a Team near the top fights a team near the bottom, they stand to lose a lot but gain little.

This will prevent teams "milking" (as I like to call it :razz:) some of the more [euphamism] casual [/euphamism] teams for points and allow for greater league mobility, which will make for an altogether more interesting competition.

Ladder like that sounds good also and might indeed be better suited to a community like this, but idk. We had a thread where a lot of details were already discussed.. Willy could you change the poll option to something like 'League or ladder', please? More details could be discussed if enough ppl show interest I suppose.

Our clan has been studying and discussing a new concept (for the warband of course, there exists in other games) and is to make a type or football league style.

Basically:
- 3 Divisions 1 st 2 nd and 3 rd, with the possibility of lowering or raising divisions.
- Divisions can be made by reference to the NPL and NC.
- Computation of rounds won lost and tied.
- No qualifiers
- All against all, 8 clans fight among themselves, for example (of course in the same division)
- Games will be played for a week (7 days to play)

We think it's a great idea, and would keep alive the competitiveness and play with the whole community of clans that exist.
What do you think?

Yep, I really like the idea of divisions actually. It's a lot simpler than creating a ladder system, which means far less administrative work but it shares most of the benefits. The only potential issue is with new clans entering the system, having to start at the bottom. If they're say... division 2 quality, they might have to wait 4 months to be competing on an appropriate level.

What's important, though, is making sure the logistics are right. Each "season" needs to be relatively short. No more than 2 months, I'd say. Something like 8 teams per division and then (based on NPL) 4 divisions? I think the number of teams getting promoted/relegated should also be relatively high, as league mobility is very important.

Anyway, these are just first thoughts but out of all the ideas, I really think a divisions system is the way to go.

I like a division-league idea as well. However, I'm not a 100% sure it would really work with the sort of community we have. The problems that could arise are:

-In this community every month or so, about 2/3 new clans are made. Most of those new made clans fail within the following month, but also somewhat succesful clans can die out at any moment. If you would have such a clan in your system and it would suddenly disband, you could be left with a big problem. Also other clans that want to join will either have to wait until the season is over or would have to be put in for clans that left, which would make it all very confusing. A challenge system like there would be in a ladder would make it easier to deal with those clans (they would just drop to the bottom or be taken out), however the problem there might be that no one would be willing to challenge some of the bigger fishes anymore.

-In this community, judging from the ENPL sign-ins, we should have about 24 active clans (we could then do 3 divisions of 8?). However during or right after the ENPL already about 4/5 clans have either gone very inactive or have totally disbanded, which in a division league could become highly confusing. Having to play a match every week or so in a league type set up (instead of a tournament) might help to keep clans like these active and even become strong, due to constant activity though, so...

Yeh this must look quite confusing as I'm countering my own arguments and write with a lot of 'could be's'.., sorry about that.

The gist of the above is that we'd need a system that encompasses the realistic number of active clans and deals with the disbanding of old clans and formation of new clans. And now that I'm thinking about it, starting with just 2 divisions (with clans that have been around a bit longer) might be a smart move to on one hand deal with the above possible problems and on the other hand give us the opportunity of a sort of test-drive. After 2 months (after the season is over), we could then review all the rules and improve on them and maybe add a 3rd division.

I now realize I should have written this later in the day with a clearer mind :p so, conclusion: this is quite an un-useful post, because now that I look back at it I bascially say: 'division system might have problems, ladder system has problems too, division system might work after all'  :neutral:

Nice one Acid !  I really like the idea , And I look forward to it .  Btw Here  you mean 
Games will be played for a week (7 days to play)
that games will be played once a week? . Also Morii  I see very pessimistic words there :razz:  and thats not a good way to start :razz:. But ye i agree on some points , and I think your post will be very usefull in order to be aware of what can happen .  I hope i'm not wrong but I think  we have at least  32 Active clan .
However during or right after the ENPL already about 4/5 clans have either gone very inactive or have totally disbanded
I think we havent had any problems about this during the ENPL . I think that in the worst of the case , during the "league division" we will loose 3 or 4 clans out of 32  , and thats actually not a very big problem , because as in Football , when a team withdrew , that team just automatically loose all the future matches , and the competition goes on , without clogs . I still think the Division is the most Fun and better options we have , so lets see how we come up with  ideas , and hopefully if everything goes  we  will give as  Acid said a new Life to the Warband community  :wink:.

@Morii: Yeah, if a team drops, every league below it would just have an extra promotion spot next season and as Willy said, the rest of its games would be counted as losses.

As for teams joining the system, yeah they might have to wait a bit but I don't think that's too much of an issue. Whatever system we choose, I think it's important that it doesn't become overbearing. Something like a 2 month season, with 2 weeks of down time means a possible 10/11 week wait, which is a lot but really not too much and they can always challenge teams to friendlies, in the meantime.

Having looked into the ladder system, after my last post and considered it further, I just think it wouldn't be worth the trouble. There will be hella lot of work involved and someone would either have to pay up for a script, or write one themselves for us (which ain't too easy).

Also, another problem emerged in my mind, relating to ladders. What it might mean is that teams will only accept matches in the ladder system, so it might mean all friendly matches and funwars would die out. Which would be a great shame in my mind. Everyone would take all their matches too seriously because of the high stakes and it might just have a detrimental effect on the community, as a whole. As a league/division system is fixed, it gives space for clans to engage in other activities.

I'm starting to think ladders are appropriate for anonymous gamers, playing mainstream, blockbuster games. I don't know if it's right for our community.

Im not voting yet for we are still thinking about it, but I can say something about max time to play a game: it should be at least 7 days. NPL did use just 5 days, that is not enough for lots of people that have to work everyday, or has family, or both. Less than 7 days is good for students or people with many many time in my opinion.

I

For a ladder system I think we can easily support on one of the already existing sites, like clanbase. That doesn't require almost nothing to be kept running.

Btw if we go for a league, if a clan drops, ALL of his match should be counted as auto defeat, even the past ones. Otherwise free wins for only some clans would really break the league

Astinus said:
Btw if we go for a league, if a clan drops, ALL of his match should be counted as auto defeat, even the past ones. Otherwise free wins for only some clans would really break the league

I think there are easy solutions in a league, rather than a knockout. and this is one of them.

Thanks to all for welcoming the idea!

I put the positivism of a league of its kind to everyone:
Play all clans and every week
Equitable level is separated by these divisions
Lower and raise the level divisions
Have time to do other things, anyway between season and season can leave such a month or two of rest.
If a clan leaves the league-season move between clans classification divisions.
If a clan does not show his face in at any game, is given by the opposite clan won or solution Astinus comments
The ladder could be used to friendly and make sense of it as something complementary and can also view the activity of the clans.

Back
Top Bottom