What the hell is my foot battle speed?

Users who are viewing this thread

Reiksmarshal

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Is battle foot speed listed anywhere in the game? I mean we get 2% for this perk and 3% for that perk, but a percentage of what? It would be nice if your foot battle speed was actually listed somewhere in the game like in the inventory screen kind of like the encumbrance icon. The same could probably be said about riding battle speed assuming it is not in the game already. This is pretty important information, and it should be in the game just like you have a campaign movement speed.

Is battle foot speed listed anywhere in the game? I mean we get 2% for this perk and 3% for that perk, but a percentage of what? It would be nice if your foot battle speed was actually listed somewhere in the game like in the inventory screen kind of like the encumbrance icon. The same could probably be said about riding battle speed assuming it is not in the game already. This is pretty important information, and it should be in the game just like you have a campaign movement speed.
Closest you get is the athletics tool tip, but that just says what your bonuses for athletics are. I'm guessing there's just 1 default speed for units and that's reduced by weight and then increased or off-set by perks/skill. You could get naked and race against a companion on a sumpter horse and use the companions riding speed as a base line, my guess is without athletics you'd be a just barely slower then a sumpter or mule on a normal low riding wanderer.

O remember few versions ago, with full speed perks I chased running troops and catch them easily, but not now, I barley catch one fugitive. The base speed is equal for everyone, but the armor height and the weapons may slow you down, so the perks are to avoid it, sadly now isn't enough to run like Bolt, but are realistic.

I'm guessing it is 20 based on horse movement comparisons so if you take all the speed perks plus get 330 athletics you will go you to 29.36 as all the speed bonus is basically + 46.8%. Seems pretty underwhelming imo.

You could make this suggestion in the UI suggestion forum. That dev is pretty responsive. This sounds super useful.

I’m not sure if displaying it as “X meters per second” or just as a modification of a base “1” would be most helpful. My brain makes good enough sense of 1 as a base, and then a 2% bonus displayed as 1.02.

Back
Top Bottom