What the F happened with this patch?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Exactly. Once you get big enough to take on lords, money becomes a non-issue and progress is limited by other factors. Mainly getting noble recruits (which is a bit too random at the moment), upgrading soldiers or farming influence. Money basically becomes meaningless after you have a fief or two and reach clan tier 3ish.
So true, and IMO it's even worse! When I accepted a mercenary contract with a band of 60 merry men behind me my income skyrocketed. I went from 40k bank account to 240k in two month, and all it took was raiding caravans and hunting bandits around my employer's castle and hand over the prisoners for influence. No fiefs and lord battles neccessary. Workshops and Caravans became obsolete before they even paid for their purchase price.

With that being the case I see no point in spending time nerfing the economy. There are way too many other things to work on like sieges and kingdom/clan management. Getting the game in good working order should be the main priority with so much attention on the game right now.
Exactly! Balancing the economy should be one of the last steps in development, when everything else is in place. Then they know all income/expense factors and can balance it out.

Anyone has city mechant with only a few thousand denars? I bought linen for 1600d, went to the next city that gives a 34d profit, the city could only buy 1400d worth of linen because they didn't have enough cash......

Yea, Devs are already nerfing things as if they already completed the game. Aren't they going to add new things that change the economy anyway???
We can just hope that's the reason why the recent economy balances feel so rushed. They don't invest much time, because it's not worth the effort at this point. But if that's the case they should communicate it. "Hey Warriors of Calradia, don't worry too much about prices making sense or not, they'll change again and again during EA, only in the end will we be able to grant you a balanced economy. Have some patience, please." Done!

Anyone has city mechant with only a few thousand denars? I bought linen for 1600d, went to the next city that gives a 34d profit, the city could only buy 1400d worth of linen because they didn't have enough cash......
Nope, they could always pay for all I traded around, and that was a lot. My first thought was: Maybe the town got sieged and has a bad economy for a while. But then I remembered that cities that got sieged were my best customers, because they were in need of almost everything right after the siege ended, and they could always pay for it. Maybe a change of 1.1? But there is nothing about it in the patch notes!

Short version. One day TW will finish the game, and modders will go around remaking the game and doing total conversions so we never have to play Native again. Same as Warband.

Devs need to try to remember what they're good at, and get back to that. Giving us all these options for ways to play the game(hence Sandbox) only to make them completely useless so we have nothing to do and no goals to achieve makes me wonder why they're bothering to develop the game at all.

I officially have nothing nice to say about TW, so I'm out. Uninstalled until they gets their heads on straight, or they finish the game so modders can undo all the damage.
way to live up to your name, Quitting is up to you but i personaly feel its a bad idea. Yess they are going to make blunders. Big ones likely. but the way you get the change is by saying something here. where the devs can see nad take action, not playing the game untill they get it on full release is cutting your self out of a game that in my opinion is amazing, also side note. Its also easier to hit caravans now which can net you a fair bit of money. granted you need to be quick to do it. And the point is moot to begin with. yes it makes early game a bit more tedious.... hell it makes getting to the point you have your own kingdom tedious..But at the same time.. it makes it a challange. and what is more fun then finding ways to over come said challange? right now for me, thats running tournaments,doing trading runs my self.

Needless to say, I now have to completely nutter my army otherwise I will eventually go broke. Sad times.

I don't understand how anyone is going broke in this game, unless they just simply aren't engaging in battles. The caravan even before the nerf, didn't bring in anywhere near the income fighting does

way to live up to your name, Quitting is up to you but i personaly feel its a bad idea. Yess they are going to make blunders. Big ones likely. but the way you get the change is by saying something here. where the devs can see nad take action, not playing the game untill they get it on full release is cutting your self out of a game that in my opinion is amazing, also side note. Its also easier to hit caravans now which can net you a fair bit of money. granted you need to be quick to do it. And the point is moot to begin with. yes it makes early game a bit more tedious.... hell it makes getting to the point you have your own kingdom tedious..But at the same time.. it makes it a challange. and what is more fun then finding ways to over come said challange? right now for me, thats running tournaments,doing trading runs my self.

My issue is that they're giving us fewer and fewer ways to play the game with each patch. We HAD all these options the day of release, but they take them away one by one for no apparent reason.

What if I don't feel like battling lords one day? The game was advertised as having a lot more options than just that. As has already been mentioned, there is something lacking in combat right now and the pacing of the game is so inconsistent that there is a complete lack of continuity between the different parts. And besides, if the shop denar count is as limited as everyone is saying, battling suddenly got a lot less profitable too because there's a limit to how much you can sell. Especially when the armor tends to sell for more than the weapons, but unlike the weapons you can't do anything with them in the smithy.

So I don't always feel like dealing with the fast-paced conquer game. When it goes that fast nothing you do feels meaningful or impactful, and it's completely at odds with the slow pacing they seem to be trying to push, like the grindy hell that is the also unfinished Smithing system. I had plenty of money but it wasn't fun. The time before when I just went around setting up workshops and trade routes in Khuzait territory without even serving as a mercenary, slowly building up relations with notables to get to better recruits and relations with nobles my character could get along with was far more enjoyable.

I haven't found anything particularly challenging about the game, even on full Realistic. But I really don't find it all that entertaining when the apparent answer for why changes are being made is for us to do things the same way every single playthrough. No replay value whatsoever in that.

As for the bit about getting changes by saying things here, I've seen the same things said over and over and over that are huge issues, like perks not working as an example, and they don't get touched because they're too busy making other changes that remove the good things they had in at the start. I have no idea who they're listening to, but they're listening to the wrong people. They're doubling down on shoving an absolutely atrocious 'main quest' down our throats and pushing us to play along that quest line even though they haven't even finished it yet, which makes no sense whatsoever.

Was even going to start posting a story. Was invested in the game enough to put the time into it. But the changes gutted the entire playstyle.

The Grumpy Hermit moniker is usually a joke, but TW has certainly made it a reality with their completely thought-free approach to EA.

The beauty of these games has always been in what one can create from it. Whether it's a kingdom, a legacy, a mod, 'took an arrow to the knee' jokes and memes, doesn't matter.

Sure, it's EA, but that doesn't mean stories can't be written. So I'm going to throw the main quest out the window, as well as all the ideas of what we SHOULD be doing with the game, to just have some fun with a playthrough.

I will at least give you my starting choices, for as much as they matter. The last choice became a bit grim, but I really am hoping for some comic relief when I write. It's also not in my typical writing style because I just went with what they used in the character creator and I only wanted to buck against authority so much. You'll see what I mean when you get there.

These choices give us 2 Vigor, 2 Control, 3 Endurance, 3 Cunning, 5 Social, and 3 Intelligence.

10 Bow, 10 Riding, 10 Tactics, 30 Charm, 30 Leadership, 10 Trade, 10 Steward, 10 Engineering.

1 in Generosity, Honesty, and Honor.(which I know the game will quickly lose, but it's there)

Considering what I have planned for this little story, some of that makes no sense at all, but it's my story to write and Baichar's to tell.

Culture: Khuzaits

You were born into a family of Merchants.
Your family came from one of the merchant clans that dominated the cities in eastern Calradia before the Khuzait conquest.

As a child you were noted for your leadership skills.
If the wolf pup gang of your early childhood had an alpha, it was definitely you.

Growing up, you spent most of your time with your tutor.
Your family arranged for a private tutor and you took full advantage, because books are more fun than people since you got bored with bossing around the other kids.

As a youngster growing up in Calradia, war was never too far away. You rode with the scouts.
You were a good enough rider that your neighbors pitched in to buy you a small pony and a good bow so that you could fulfill their levy obligations. And because they were cheaper than all the books you kept wanting.

Before you set out for a life of adventure, your biggest achievement was that you treated people well.
Yours wasn't the kind of reputation that local legends are made of, because books help you understand people but also make you less inclined to DEAL with people. Being polite is often the best way to escape.

...you and your siblings survived the raid because the gods/devs deemed it to be so and I HATE THIS CHOICE BECAUSE MOST OF THE OPTIONS GIVE SKILL POINTS TO SOMETHING I DON'T WANT. So I picked 'you organized the travelers to break out' but I'm using all of them and saving little Jatu and Alte as well to spite said gods/devs.

In the confusion of the attack you shouted that someone had found treasure in the back room. You then made your way toward the undefended entrance with your siblings, motioning for the other travelers to follow while carefully avoiding the pools of blood around the bodies of the first people the raiders had killed. Your parents.

You grabbed the enormous and still-bloody knife the bandit leader had stabbed into a tabletop to make his point about the futility of resistance. A good thing, too, because the entrance was not quite undefended. Outside you came, literally, face-to-face with a raider sentry. It was not until you rammed your stolen knife into his heart that you realized he was, like you, of the Khuzait.

The man's eyes widened, but he had no strength left for more than that. The others ran out behind you as you stared into his eyes, and he managed a weak cough. Then he fell. Loudly.

A shout from inside the building stirred everyone to frenzied action. A couple women screamed. Your elder brother, Nusun, grabbed the sentry's bow and quiver and thrust them against your chest. "Hold them off while we get the horses!" he hissed out, as if out of breath.

Training from time with the scouts took over. You whirled around with the bow, drew a trio of arrows from the quiver as it fell to the ground, and put the first one in the air in the span of a couple heartbeats. One raider dove behind the inn's counter. The next, barely through the doorway from the backroom, stared with the same wide-eyed shock as the sentry...until the arrow pierced his eye and snapped his head back.

The next arrow lodged in the wall right behind the counter to keep the first raider down, and with the last you snagged a loose sleeve on another one peeking around the doorway. You knelt to retrieve more arrows, pausing long enough for someone to peek and sending them back to cover with another arrow.

The tactic would only work for so long and you knew it. Rather than giving them time to plan a counter, you picked up the quiver and ran to the burning stable, where Nusun waited with your sister Alte in the saddle with him. Your youngest brother, Jatu, waited for you on another horse. "Where are the others?" you yelled up at Nusun as you swung up to sit behind Jatu. Your brother was eleven and well capable of handling a horse, even one that could smell blood and smoke.

"Scattered in a panic. We ca-"

Whatever he was about to say was lost to you, as you let fly with another arrow toward the first raider to run out of the inn. You recognized him as the one who dove behind the counter, out of the way of your first shot. He dove out of the way of this one too, and came out spitting out curses and dust.

By that time, dust was all that could be seen of you and your siblings, but the raider's shout chased you. "I'll find you, boy!"

Your answer was immediate, but only heard in the confines of your own head.
I look forward to it, you silently swore to those who had murdered your parents.

1.1 BAD:
- Performance decrease, the lag is back (despite patch notes saying the opposite, a real bummer)
- Characters way too dark in some menus (the armor is shiny, though)
- Saw a Vlandian caravan flee from a single looter LOL
- Performance decrease, the lag is back (can not be said often enough)

1.1 GOOD:
- New map layer with castles
- Affordable crossbows
- Executions have more consequences

Overall big F in chat for 1.1 (Performance decrease, did I mention that?)

I don't understand how anyone is going broke in this game, unless they just simply aren't engaging in battles
Battles are good, impact of weapons feels great,but usualy it is a slaughter of pesants and it is like:

1) 5 minutes of going to enemy
2) 1 minute of actual fight
3) 10 minutes of chasing that ******** horse archers who doesnt allow you to end the battle

Last edited:
My issue is that they're giving us fewer and fewer ways to play the game with each patch. We HAD all these options the day of release, but they take them away one by one for no apparent reason.

What if I don't feel like battling lords one day? The game was advertised as having a lot more options than just that. As has already been mentioned, there is something lacking in combat right now and the pacing of the game is so inconsistent that there is a complete lack of continuity between the different parts. And besides, if the shop denar count is as limited as everyone is saying, battling suddenly got a lot less profitable too because there's a limit to how much you can sell. Especially when the armor tends to sell for more than the weapons, but unlike the weapons you can't do anything with them in the smithy.

So I don't always feel like dealing with the fast-paced conquer game. When it goes that fast nothing you do feels meaningful or impactful, and it's completely at odds with the slow pacing they seem to be trying to push, like the grindy hell that is the also unfinished Smithing system. I had plenty of money but it wasn't fun. The time before when I just went around setting up workshops and trade routes in Khuzait territory without even serving as a mercenary, slowly building up relations with notables to get to better recruits and relations with nobles my character could get along with was far more enjoyable.

I haven't found anything particularly challenging about the game, even on full Realistic. But I really don't find it all that entertaining when the apparent answer for why changes are being made is for us to do things the same way every single playthrough. No replay value whatsoever in that.

As for the bit about getting changes by saying things here, I've seen the same things said over and over and over that are huge issues, like perks not working as an example, and they don't get touched because they're too busy making other changes that remove the good things they had in at the start. I have no idea who they're listening to, but they're listening to the wrong people. They're doubling down on shoving an absolutely atrocious 'main quest' down our throats and pushing us to play along that quest line even though they haven't even finished it yet, which makes no sense whatsoever.

Was even going to start posting a story. Was invested in the game enough to put the time into it. But the changes gutted the entire playstyle.

The Grumpy Hermit moniker is usually a joke, but TW has certainly made it a reality with their completely thought-free approach to EA.

The beauty of these games has always been in what one can create from it. Whether it's a kingdom, a legacy, a mod, 'took an arrow to the knee' jokes and memes, doesn't matter.

Sure, it's EA, but that doesn't mean stories can't be written. So I'm going to throw the main quest out the window, as well as all the ideas of what we SHOULD be doing with the game, to just have some fun with a playthrough.

I will at least give you my starting choices, for as much as they matter. The last choice became a bit grim, but I really am hoping for some comic relief when I write. It's also not in my typical writing style because I just went with what they used in the character creator and I only wanted to buck against authority so much. You'll see what I mean when you get there.

These choices give us 2 Vigor, 2 Control, 3 Endurance, 3 Cunning, 5 Social, and 3 Intelligence.

10 Bow, 10 Riding, 10 Tactics, 30 Charm, 30 Leadership, 10 Trade, 10 Steward, 10 Engineering.

1 in Generosity, Honesty, and Honor.(which I know the game will quickly lose, but it's there)

Considering what I have planned for this little story, some of that makes no sense at all, but it's my story to write and Baichar's to tell.

Culture: Khuzaits

You were born into a family of Merchants.
Your family came from one of the merchant clans that dominated the cities in eastern Calradia before the Khuzait conquest.

As a child you were noted for your leadership skills.
If the wolf pup gang of your early childhood had an alpha, it was definitely you.

Growing up, you spent most of your time with your tutor.
Your family arranged for a private tutor and you took full advantage, because books are more fun than people since you got bored with bossing around the other kids.

As a youngster growing up in Calradia, war was never too far away. You rode with the scouts.
You were a good enough rider that your neighbors pitched in to buy you a small pony and a good bow so that you could fulfill their levy obligations. And because they were cheaper than all the books you kept wanting.

Before you set out for a life of adventure, your biggest achievement was that you treated people well.
Yours wasn't the kind of reputation that local legends are made of, because books help you understand people but also make you less inclined to DEAL with people. Being polite is often the best way to escape.

...you and your siblings survived the raid because the gods/devs deemed it to be so and I HATE THIS CHOICE BECAUSE MOST OF THE OPTIONS GIVE SKILL POINTS TO SOMETHING I DON'T WANT. So I picked 'you organized the travelers to break out' but I'm using all of them and saving little Jatu and Alte as well to spite said gods/devs.

In the confusion of the attack you shouted that someone had found treasure in the back room. You then made your way toward the undefended entrance with your siblings, motioning for the other travelers to follow while carefully avoiding the pools of blood around the bodies of the first people the raiders had killed. Your parents.

You grabbed the enormous and still-bloody knife the bandit leader had stabbed into a tabletop to make his point about the futility of resistance. A good thing, too, because the entrance was not quite undefended. Outside you came, literally, face-to-face with a raider sentry. It was not until you rammed your stolen knife into his heart that you realized he was, like you, of the Khuzait.

The man's eyes widened, but he had no strength left for more than that. The others ran out behind you as you stared into his eyes, and he managed a weak cough. Then he fell. Loudly.

A shout from inside the building stirred everyone to frenzied action. A couple women screamed. Your elder brother, Nusun, grabbed the sentry's bow and quiver and thrust them against your chest. "Hold them off while we get the horses!" he hissed out, as if out of breath.

Training from time with the scouts took over. You whirled around with the bow, drew a trio of arrows from the quiver as it fell to the ground, and put the first one in the air in the span of a couple heartbeats. One raider dove behind the inn's counter. The next, barely through the doorway from the backroom, stared with the same wide-eyed shock as the sentry...until the arrow pierced his eye and snapped his head back.

The next arrow lodged in the wall right behind the counter to keep the first raider down, and with the last you snagged a loose sleeve on another one peeking around the doorway. You knelt to retrieve more arrows, pausing long enough for someone to peek and sending them back to cover with another arrow.

The tactic would only work for so long and you knew it. Rather than giving them time to plan a counter, you picked up the quiver and ran to the burning stable, where Nusun waited with your sister Alte in the saddle with him. Your youngest brother, Jatu, waited for you on another horse. "Where are the others?" you yelled up at Nusun as you swung up to sit behind Jatu. Your brother was eleven and well capable of handling a horse, even one that could smell blood and smoke.

"Scattered in a panic. We ca-"

Whatever he was about to say was lost to you, as you let fly with another arrow toward the first raider to run out of the inn. You recognized him as the one who dove behind the counter, out of the way of your first shot. He dove out of the way of this one too, and came out spitting out curses and dust.

By that time, dust was all that could be seen of you and your siblings, but the raider's shout chased you. "I'll find you, boy!"

Your answer was immediate, but only heard in the confines of your own head.
I look forward to it, you silently swore to those who had murdered your parents.
I owe you an apology as i came off as a bit of a ****, I enjoy the game.. i know things are bad for it right now cause i made use of the caravans. always ran with atleast 2 before i came a lord. THis run through ? no caravan for me, keeping money was a pain in the ass but i managed till i got a feif. as for making your own story.. thats something i loved about the first game. and while i kinda like the main quest.. i hope when they fully finish it, it lets you make the story go where you want.. like say your sibilings die some how nad you and your brother become bandits to take revenge on the lords that wage non stop wars that forced your family to flee , or you become a mercenary band bent on hunting down and destroying every raiding, marauding peice of bandit filth in the land. IF they pull it off like im sure we all know they are capable of, it will be amazing. I do agree that the caravan nerf was incredibly heavy handed. It could have been handled SO better, make them earn less or maybe slower. but not make it so freaking looters can wipe a caravan out on their own. thats just a shot in the jewels. Personaly i feel they will revert these once they have a better idea what they wanna do with it.

As for the backstory of your cahracter, I love it XD as a roleplayer and a fan of dnd, I appluade the creativity you had there. and i think i may do soemthing like that my self once i finish my current run, maybe post the story once a day as i go like journal entries for my character... might be alot of fun. Either way im sorry for how i came off in the previous post. i need to learn how to word my **** better XD

I owe you an apology as i came off as a bit of a ****, I enjoy the game.. i know things are bad for it right now cause i made use of the caravans. always ran with atleast 2 before i came a lord. THis run through ? no caravan for me, keeping money was a pain in the ass but i managed till i got a feif. as for making your own story.. thats something i loved about the first game. and while i kinda like the main quest.. i hope when they fully finish it, it lets you make the story go where you want.. like say your sibilings die some how nad you and your brother become bandits to take revenge on the lords that wage non stop wars that forced your family to flee , or you become a mercenary band bent on hunting down and destroying every raiding, marauding peice of bandit filth in the land. IF they pull it off like im sure we all know they are capable of, it will be amazing. I do agree that the caravan nerf was incredibly heavy handed. It could have been handled SO better, make them earn less or maybe slower. but not make it so freaking looters can wipe a caravan out on their own. thats just a shot in the jewels. Personaly i feel they will revert these once they have a better idea what they wanna do with it.

As for the backstory of your cahracter, I love it XD as a roleplayer and a fan of dnd, I appluade the creativity you had there. and i think i may do soemthing like that my self once i finish my current run, maybe post the story once a day as i go like journal entries for my character... might be alot of fun. Either way im sorry for how i came off in the previous post. i need to learn how to word my **** better XD
*Sigh* - Why are such comments so rare these days? Probably the best lines of text in the whole forums... ?

My positive conspiracy theory is that that they want people to go around breaking things, instead of farming money. It's not that hard to make money anyway.

XD if your referring to my spelling, I'm sorry, I type fast and the keyboard cant keep up some times
Oops... no, not at all. I mean your content. It's such an honest and kind comment. The smiley isn't unhappy, if that confuses you. It's a pensive smiley, a contemplative or reflective one. I like what you wrote, if more people would be that kind and self-reflective the internet would be a better place...

Oops... no, not at all. I mean your content. It's such an honest and kind comment. The smiley isn't unhappy, if that confuses you. It's a pensive smiley, a contemplative or reflective one. I like what you wrote, if more people would be that kind and self-reflective the internet would be a better place...
To be honest i try to treat people how i wanna be XD some times i come off as .. a bit of a bugger but for the most part i try to be kind to people XD just who i am.

My positive conspiracy theory is that that they want people to go around breaking things, instead of farming money. It's not that hard to make money anyway.
I mean... its a possiblity
i mean hell they could want people to test other means of making money. Right now tournaments are agrivating me, at first i got like 1.6k if i bet on all the rounds. now i get liek.. 600 per tourney. which barely covers my expenses

My issue is that they're giving us fewer and fewer ways to play the game with each patch.

Maybe swimming in ocean of gold made from a passive gold fountain isn't defined as "play the game"? Especially considering we started off with humble beginning and was struggling to ransom our little bro/sis. and out of more than hundreds of settlements, having 2 already made one swims in ocean of denarii without workshops/caravans....it's probably not really enjoyable unless I'm playing monopoly board game

Of course, the trend nowadays is you can buy a countrys' leadership with money...

Back
Top Bottom