What the community is REALLY waiting for

Users who are viewing this thread

KSHMR

Sergeant at Arms
Priority of things we need adressed ASAP:

CUSTOM SERVERS!!!!
Battle Gamemode!!!
Map creating tools!!!

Also the other mechanical stuff like block delay but that should be here this week or next week from what ive heard.

Yes
Seriously TW, just give us the custom servers and stop pushing your ideas forcefully
Guilds and whatnot are good but they don't actually have much use.. please focus on the important parts rather than meaningless QoF changes

Yes
Seriously TW, just give us the custom servers and stop pushing your ideas forcefully
Guilds and whatnot are good but they don't actually have much use.. please focus on the important parts rather than meaningless QoF changes
Different parts are made by different teams at different times. Because we are getting a clan system - doesn't mean that because of this we didn't get custom servers. Besides they are coming shortly.

I would say top of the list : MP patch :grin:
Custom servers are great but dividing the few players playing right now over other server locations = bad

Combat Patch and MMR please.

Even Fall Guys, possibly the most casual release this quarter, has MMR. And it's about vibrant jellybeans bumping into each other and falling off the course.

Was this really necessary to create ANOTHER thread on this same topic?

Custom servers won't come out until the end of EA
We won't be sharing server files at the start of EA. It will be sometime after when we do that, perhaps closer to the full-release.

Battle mode:
Our current casual mode is Siege Mode. It couldn't really take off due to the technical issues we had, but they are getting fixed now. It should be more populated with the upcoming changes and maps. We have other casual modes planned as well that are being discussed at the moment.

Map Tools/other modding tools

@gkx#6712 said:
game xmls are not exposed to editor
after you import your meshes, textures, skeleton etc you need to add a entry to spitems.xml for example
-In a conversation about someone making an xml editor he said:
@gkx#6712 said:
some module xmls have editors, but they are mostly related to engine like flora_kinds.xml, phyiscs_materials.xml etc
-When reading a conversation on taking bets on modding tools release date
@gkx#6712 said:
editor is coming, this means ability to add scenes, meshes, materials, particles, atmospheres etc
-When asked if this was specifically a scene editor
@gkx#6712 said:
@Ettenrocal we have one editor with many tools, which includes scene creation
-When asked if we could tool out own editors inside the editor. (Based on the face we found custom editor gui elements inside the alpha)
@gkx#6712 said:
no custom ui support but scripts public variables exposed automaticly to editor
- When asked if it would be a month or two. (6/18/2020)
@gkx#6712 said:
@Panopticon i dont know exact the timeline, im not working on it for right now, i did lots and lots of work on the tooling but when it comes to external use, it came with different problems than doing it for releasing the game

I would say top of the list : MP patch :grin:
Custom servers are great but dividing the few players playing right now over other server locations = bad
Many regions cant even play and alot of people will come back since a battle mode would be modded pretty quick id say

@AVRC
We know that the interaction between spears and cav will change. However, as far as I know, there was nothing said about bump couching. I made a thread about this in the beginning and most people seem to agree that bump slashing in totally fine, but bump couching is ridiculous :grin:

@AVRC
We know that the interaction between spears and cav will change. However, as far as I know, there was nothing said about bump couching. I made a thread about this in the beginning and most people seem to agree that bump slashing in totally fine, but bump couching is ridiculous :grin:
Horse bump and knockdown speeds got adjusted as well as the couch lance damage formula. Damage is much more dependent on speed now, you can't walk past people and hit them for 500 anymore.
We are expecting these changes to cure most of the frustrating situations. We will look at the feedback and adjust more if required.

Tbh much of cav frustrations would be cured by enabling friendly fire in crowdy modes. Right now you can just ride around the corners couched giving no chance to react. Also add some negative assist for knocking down friendlies.

Tbh much of cav frustrations would be cured by enabling friendly fire in crowdy modes. Right now you can just ride around the corners couched giving no chance to react. Also add some negative assist for knocking down friendlies.
Indeed. But the majority does not understand why teamdamage and teambumps are healthy for the game. They argue with "teamhits = bad"
They ignore the big picture.

Indeed. But the majority does not understand why teamdamage and teambumps are healthy for the game. They argue with "teamhits = bad"
They ignore the big picture.
The big picture is that 99.9999999% of cavalry wont give a flying heck about their teammates, and will just run into the fight and bump down allies and enemies alike. Dont punish the infantry, they get enough punishment as it is

Priority of things we need adressed ASAP:

CUSTOM SERVERS!!!!
Battle Gamemode!!!
Map creating tools!!!

Also the other mechanical stuff like block delay but that should be here this week or next week from what ive heard.

I agree 100% - custom servers are needed before any kind of combat patch. While some items in the combat need to be changed, we will never get to the point where combat is "perfect" for everyone. Releasing custom servers and mode modes like battle should be the priority over combat patches.

Back
Top Bottom