What pissed you off today? v. VI

Users who are viewing this thread

is the czech formal pronoun/grammatical person /whatever conjugated as if you were speaking to/about someone else? we have that in spanish and i believe German is the same. French is conjugated in 2d person plural so it's not as weird.

mexican formal you said:
Good morning, You looks tired, mr Gonzalez. Is You sick? I wanted to ask him about his daughter. is she allright?

German is du (informal) and Sie (formal). Sie is the standard. I call people I've met weekly over the past few years Sie.

coeurderoi said:
is the czech formal pronoun/grammatical person /whatever conjugated as if you were speaking to/about someone else? we have that in spanish and i believe German is the same. French is conjugated in 2d person plural so it's not as weird.
It is the 2nd person plural.

Because it's impolite.

It's not a huge deal, but given the cultural context it's understandable. When random strangers, especially those a little older than you, use the informal form with you for no discernable reason, it makes you feel like they don't see you as mature enough or like they don't respect you. I'm not generally offended as such but it does make me feel uncomfortable and I do believe that that discomfort is justified.

Also as I'm sure you're aware, using the formal or informal form at an inappropriate time can be explicitly used as an offence or insult.

I doubt Ben was actually seriously troubled by it but I can see how it can be annoying.

I do think the whole system is a little silly (and honestly have a hard time sometimes telling whether I should be formal or informal), but it exists and can't really be ignored without causing a fuss and while it exists you are kinda forced to adhere to it.

I'd be fine with everyone using the informal with me off the bat in theory, butthe issue is that those who do that in unfitting contexts generally don't do it because they think "oh the system is dumb we should just be using informal for everyone", but rather because they're thinking "I don't respect this guy enough to be polite to them".

It's certainly a more nuanced topic than some of you are giving it credit for, even if you're doing it jokingly.

No, I mean if the formal form only exists in the 2nd person plural, and the conversationalist presumably used the 2nd person singular to address Ben, how did he get mad if 2nd person singular formal isn't a thing?

I'm wondering why i keep logging on to taleworlds when every time i log in i feel like **** for the whole day because i had to deal with you guys.
Spoke with friends and families and they think that this forum doesn't help my mental state.
I keep talking about this forum in real life and its poisoning my life.

I'm done with you guys.
I requested a posting ban. (still want to access M&B mods)

Feel free to post the ''there was much rejoicing'' i don't give a **** anymore.
I ****ing hate this forum with a passion.
In the next 24 hours, i will be removing everyone from taleworlds on steam except for those that still want to talk to me.
PM me if you still want to talk to me.

Feragorn said:
No, I mean if the formal form only exists in the 2nd person plural, and the conversationalist presumably used the 2nd person singular to address Ben, how did he get mad if 2nd person singular formal isn't a thing?
Formal form means that instead of 2nd person singular you use 2nd person plural.

BenKenobi said:
Where is kurczak when you need her to state that unenforced rules cease to be rules?  :iamamoron:

Y'all are goddamn right, sir.

So you've graduated to the point where you get offended if older people still people occasionally use "ty" to address you. Soon you'll be depressed that people five years younger address you as "vy" and then it's all downhill from there.

a 25 year old redneck visiting Prague talking to 29 year old me]Ma'am said:
Why not just always communicate in formal? Is it any more difficult than informal? Language is tedious af mayne.

Children and teenagers always use informal when addressing each other. In twenties in depends on the social situation and personal preference, see above. After 30, you should always address strangers informally, unless you are at a swingers party or getting a complementary bj from a hooker on a corporate retreat or something like that.

Serpent Of Eden said:
I'm wondering why i keep logging on to taleworlds when every time i log in i feel like **** for the whole day because i had to deal with you guys.
Spoke with friends and families and they think that this forum doesn't help my mental state.

I'm done with you guys.

I ****ing hate this forum with a passion.
In the next 24 hours, i will be removing everyone from taleworlds on steam except for those that still want to talk to me.

I also support this decision.

Serpent Of Eden said:
Good luck out there and stop looking for things to complain about. The world you see reflects your inner world.

Serpent Of Eden said:

I'm done with you guys.

I **** hate this forum with a passion.

I empathize rebel, I hope you can find your own peace in this world. I sincerely apologize if I have contributed to your struggles as I have my own as well. Peace be with you sky walker.

Back
Top Bottom