What new features will be added in the future?

Users who are viewing this thread

Totalgarbage

Sergeant Knight
After rechecking the post-release part of the Release Plans post, I've noted some new additions to the game that are yet to be added. These are; replay editor, claimant quests, MP spectator mode, targeting enemy formations, weather system/more weather conditions in scenes and pushing down siege ladders while units are climbing. I've purposefully not written down what's been noted as "smaller tweaks" as they likely won't include new features (except for weather because except for snow and clear skies, weather conditions are currently unimplemented in SP). So, unless I've forgotten to add something, there are currently 6 features -however minor or major- that have been announced yet to be implemented, and 3 out of 6 of the features already exist within some capacity in the game (weather, siege ladder pushing & spectating). This means that we can hopefully expect all these features to be added reasonably soon™.

So, here's the crux of the topic: what else new is planned for the game, however minor or major? Will the "base" game be considered "feature complete" after all these are implemented or are there other "vanilla" features that are still being considered? If there will be no more free "feature updates", what will be TaleWorlds' DLC policy? Will it be similar to other games such as Skyrim or Civ 5, etc. where you have 2-3 dlcs that "complete" the game by adding more locations and/or mechanics, will it be like in Paradox games where you release bajillion new dlcs to keep the game "alive" and "fresh" for another 10 years by adding overhauls to existing factions or add new mechanics, or will it be like Warband style overhaul dlcs like Napoleonic Wars, WFaS (which is technically a separate game) and Viking Conquest?

@Dejan @Duh_TaleWorlds I think it might be time that we get a new statement on these questions. Even in the case that TW hasn't discussed this internally, please do tell that you haven't discussed it.

Last edited:
This is planned? I thought it was discarded...
Happy news for me.
Well, they are very vague in what will happen to weather, but they most likely will add things like rain since it already exists in MP.

I'm quoting what they've written in their release plans post: "Others concern improvements to control schemes and haptic feedback, modding tools, multiplayer taunts and maps, diplomacy decision making, the clan-kingdom lifecycle, the mission atmosphere and weather system, as well as a variety of quality of life changes such as party member sorting."

Well, they are very vague in what will happen to weather, but they most likely will add things like rain since it already exists in MP.

I'm quoting what they've written in their release plans post: "Others concern improvements to control schemes and haptic feedback, modding tools, multiplayer taunts and maps, diplomacy decision making, the clan-kingdom lifecycle, the mission atmosphere and weather system, as well as a variety of quality of life changes such as party member sorting."
What does that actually mean though? Like when they talk about improving diplomacy they don't mean adding diplomatic options, just tweaking AI war and peace decision making. I get the feeling it'll be similar with weather stuff.

What does that actually mean though? Like when they talk about improving diplomacy they don't mean adding diplomatic options, just tweaking AI war and peace decision making. I get the feeling it'll be similar with weather stuff.
It is very possible that they would only tweak a few numbers, but I can't think of any reasons why already weather conditions that already exist in MP like rain can't be added to the game, so I think that it will be added. Mist also exists in a couple of SP maps (like that one swamp map), but it's not super common or that noticeable (and I'm not sure if it even does anything). The only weather condition that doesn't exist in the game is sand/dust storm iirc (and I might be wrong, I barely played in the desert) and even that shouldn't be much of a problem to add.

It is very possible that they would only tweak a few numbers, but I can't think of any reasons why already weather conditions that already exist in MP like rain can't be added to the game, so I think that it will be added. Mist also exists in a couple of SP maps (like that one swamp map), but it's not super common or that noticeable (and I'm not sure if it even does anything). The only weather condition that doesn't exist in the game is sand/dust storm iirc (and I might be wrong, I barely played in the desert) and even that shouldn't be much of a problem to add.
Yeah there's a mod which adds all of that, shouldn't be difficult for tw to do

Don’t worry, the modders will fulfill these plans like the rest of the broken promises theyve already proof of concepted for taleworlds. We are all sacrificial lambs for the console money

Don’t worry, the modders will fulfill these plans like the rest of the broken promises theyve already proof of concepted for taleworlds. We are all sacrificial lambs for the console money
TW will fulfill these plans too? Don't get me wrong, there's plenty to criticize Bannerlord for, such as the lacking diplomacy and the train wreck of a late game (though I think the late game is finally being worked on in the form of kingdom destruction iirc), but what promises has TW not kept? I'm not trying to be rude, I genuinely want to know what promise they broke. The only "broken promise" I can remember is choosing village production and constructing castles, which was scrapped years before any discussion of early access.

Well, there's the personality traits system (which is in the game btw, just not used fully? I don't know cause I didn't look at the code or anything)
In which lords would behave in different ways depending on their traits.
There were plans for culture-specific values, such as women being more equal with men in Battania for example, to make cultures stand out more and being different between each other.
I guess we could count more diplomacy options, it's the bare minimum.
There were mercenary bases/hideout, i think they were to play a bigger role than non-ending-bands of kinda type of bandits or something, that they currently are.. which contributes to the late-game meat-grinder
I guess taverns were to play bigger roles as well, but I could be wrong in this regard.
Also the trade system was supposed to be more fleshed out..

These are the ones I can remember now... could be more.

Well, there's the personality traits system (which is in the game btw, just not used fully? I don't know cause I didn't look at the code or anything)
In which lords would behave in different ways depending on their traits.
There were plans for culture-specific values, such as women being more equal with men in Battania for example, to make cultures stand out more and being different between each other.
I guess we could count more diplomacy options, it's the bare minimum.
There were mercenary bases/hideout, i think they were to play a bigger role than non-ending-bands of kinda type of bandits or something, that they currently are.. which contributes to the late-game meat-grinder
I guess taverns were to play bigger roles as well, but I could be wrong in this regard.
Also the trade system was supposed to be more fleshed out..

These are the ones I can remember now... could be more.
Oh if we're also counting unfinished/placeholder or lacklustre systems in the game, fair, the game has several unfinished or unpolished mechanics like time/birth & death, relations, influence (even if it's finished I dislike the current implementation), diplomacy, policies and traits (to be fair to TW, the trait system is at least sloooowly getting fleshed out). I would say crime is unfinished but close to finishing. And I think I also remember something about mercenary bases/headquarters as well, but I'm not sure.

I completely agree, no worries
no worrie-rino 😊👍

If i remember correct mod do not add weather condutions, few weather condutions is already in game but not active. Mod just re write few line to activate it.
iirc that's the case.

Also, there's dialogues. It saddens me that there is so few of it and they're kinda bad. You guys correct me if i'm wrong, it's been a long time since ive played and maybe it has improved from the latest patches.
There was this joke of "quick question" which was just a placeholder, then i'd think "Good! Now that it was gone they're gonna add the missing bits and it will be good." But no. No replacement, just the placeholder gone.
I think it's one of the main reasons why the game feel soulless sometimes. And it didn't need nothing epic, just make it play along the simulation bits, whats happening in the world... like in warband where you could ask about a bunch of things and the npc's would provide info based on the world state... it's not much to ask i guess.

no worrie-rino 😊👍

iirc that's the case.

Also, there's dialogues. It saddens me that there is so few of it and they're kinda bad. You guys correct me if i'm wrong, it's been a long time since ive played and maybe it has improved from the latest patches.
There was this joke of "quick question" which was just a placeholder, then i'd think "Good! Now that it was gone they're gonna add the missing bits and it will be good." But no. No replacement, just the placeholder gone.
I think it's one of the main reasons why the game feel soulless sometimes. And it didn't need nothing epic, just make it play along the simulation bits, whats happening in the world... like in warband where you could ask about a bunch of things and the npc's would provide info based on the world state... it's not much to ask i guess.
Almost half the community feels like that don't worry. Everything you guys discussed had been talked about for years, even before the game went on early access. I personally made a ****load of suggestions (in my previous account) and yeah none of it went anywhere. I remember making a post for scenes about marriage and deaths lol, I doubt it had any influence over it but it was cool to see it, yet anyways marriages and building relationships still feel void and boring.

There's so much there could be added but you won't see none of it. It's like they don't try to fully fledge one feature and elevate it to it's most possible greater state. Relations with lords and ladies could have so much expansion for example.
But that's because Bannerlord doesn't launch updates with one, but deeply worked on feature. They add 5 different things that barely work, or annoy everyone (FoW) because of their poor implementation. If TW sat down and said, okay THIS PARTICULAR THING needs rework and needs to be deep and needs way more content to affect the gameplay, then we would see wonderful things but it's always an update that's all over the place and tries to cover everything and do little. Sad stuff, that's why the people who made the greatest suggestions left already, they know that either TW doesn't listen or listens and does the bare minimum to check mark it.

If you see the gameplay as a great Demo of what the platform is capable, it makes you a lot less mad.

I've started looking at Bannerlord as an awesome spiritual successor to RPGMaker. It has done wonders for my blood pressure.

Back
Top Bottom