Alternative metal
Alternative rock
Christian rock
sometimes funk

Alternative Rock
Reggaeton
Salsa
Experimental Progressive

The Mars Volta are the most influential. Especially Omar Rodríguez-López. Such a musical genius and so instrumentally versatile.

Silence.

Nah, a lot of stuff. Braveheart Remix type music. Or Sabaton. Even some pussified rock.

Also Celtic ****.

My tastes are fairly eclectic. I like some of: Heavy Metal, soft rock, hard rock, rock and roll, UK indie music, some electronic music, some jazz, some blues, some dance, punk rock, some death metal, some pop, some glam rock, some opera, some classical and some alt.

For example, on a single random playlist I will have everything from Deep Purple to the Beach Boys, from Jean Michel Jarre to Bobby Darin, from Jackie Wilson to Einstürzende Neubauten, from Muse to Faithless.

I try not to discriminate based on genre. There are usually a few good songs in every category.

Hrmmm... well for me its a combination of Classical, Punk rock, Classic rock (Specifically 70s and 80s... maybe early 90s in a pinch), and SOME metal. Got some likes and dislikes that are completely separate from the aforementioned genres, but their single songs, or maybe an artist or two.

Anything ranging from Enya, Delerium, Enigma, and Loreena McKennitt on the one end to Cannibal Corpse, Napalm Death, Bloodbath, and Septic Flesh on the other. Those are just a few examples from either end of the spectrum.
So yes, I have a very eclectic taste in music. :smile:

Honestly though, I do tend to enjoy Grunge and Metal (in most of its varieties) the most.

Janus said:
Anything ranging from Enya, Delerium, Enigma, and Loreena McKennitt on the one end to Cannibal Corpse, Napalm Death, Bloodbath, and Septic Flesh on the other. Those are just a few examples from either end of the spectrum.
So yes, I have a very eclectic taste in music. :smile:

Honestly though, I do tend to enjoy Grunge and Metal (in most of its varieties) the most.

I like Enya & Loreena Mckennit too, but I also have any power metal related to the modern warfare (Sabaton for one. The Swedish accents and terribly clichéd ideas are appalling, but they've got some good songs)

Plenty of Yann Tiersen, things like the Battlefield themes and some rock.

Quick question: Which songs make you feel sad?

AK47 said:

Quick question: Which songs make you feel sad?

Nostalgia songs. Any that played on Cafe 104.3 - Bellingham a few years back (Vancouver Island, but the America station was better). Also some Loreena Mckennit songs.

Oop, forgot to put down my general likes earlier on. I'm fond of classical, baroque and mediaeval music, particularly Beethoven, JS Bach and Gregorian chant. As for the last 110 years, the music of Edvard Grieg, some rock (Dire Straits mainly), grunge (such as Temple of the Dog), then slightly less definable music such as the aforementioned Radiohead and Apocalyptica.

AK47 said:

Yann Tiersen is brilliant. There was a video of him playing Sur Le Fil live and it was fantastic. I can't find the particular video though.

Dire Straits are indeed awesome.

Classic rock is the biggie for me, I also like progressive rock, some electronics, selective metal and various others.

I'm not as eclectic as some people here, but a quick look at my music folder should tell you all you need to know:

music3h.jpg

Oh, and my favourite band is Genesis atm :razz:

MrCrotch said:
AK47 said:

Yann Tiersen is brilliant. There was a video of him playing Sur Le Fil live and it was fantastic. I can't find the particular video though.
?

Back
Top Bottom