What mod tools needed for this type of modding ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi, I wanted to make my own custom armor for my Sarranid Mamluke, I was wondering what will I need and what will I have to do, to do this:

putting the scaled mail body/chest armor of the Sarranid Guard on the chest of the Sarranid Mamluke ?

the Mamluke Mail stays the same except for the chest area, which will be covered with the Sarranid Guard scale mail chest armor

RASAS said:
ok, but will I need to learn how to 3d model ?

Can the 3d modeling program Blender be used for this instead of 3d Studio Max ?

I do not think so. You should be able to cut-n-paste from and to textures for what you want, using a simple image editor (I.E. Paint). I would at least try it. Just find the two textures from the textures Folder in Mount & Blade, copy the part of the Sarranid Guard armor you want and paste it into the Sarranid Mamluke armor. Just make sure you make copies. There are normally 3 for an item. You may need to only change 1 or 2 to make it work.

From my understanding, you want to put the upper half of the Sarranid Guard Armor onto the Mamluke Armor, is that correct?

That's a bit more involved than a texture edit if you want to make it look right as there are pieces of the Guard Armor that wouldn't look right on the Mamluke Armor since it doesn't have those parts as a separate entity, not to mention that the models wouldn't be able to accommodate each other due to how the waist is made (the Mamluke Armor has a larger area indented indicating a sash over the Guard Armor's standard belt sized area).

There is an OSP that might work for you if you want, but I'm not 100% sure if you're fine with that style since it's not exactly what you want.
2d0i2c5.png

The first three on those might work out as an alternative if you want.  And if you do, here's a download link since the original is dead. (this was taken from the same topic as someone else re-uploaded it, but I'll throw it here for convenience sake)

Note that if you want to put any of these armors on female characters, it's not formed correctly and some parts of them (can't remember what, I think around their torso and shoulders) will seem very small compared to what a feminized armor should be.

thank you for responding, but I did suspect there would be more to this modding goal than just skinning, I do not have 3d modeling skills yet, but I must know, will 3d modeling be needed for this type of modding ?

if yes, will the 3d modeling program Blender be able to help me achieve this modding goal ?

yes that is what I want, I want to put the Sarranid Guard chest/body armor on the Mamlukes chest/body, but I think and most likely be getting rid of the yellow sash on the mamluke

Back
Top Bottom