What made you sad today? v.IV

Users who are viewing this thread

Nope. Never. Death and taxes. Sorry to hear, man. All of mine passed before I even got to know them. And they never really knew me. Hard to say which would hurt more.

Duno your headspace but if you’re feeling a form of anxiety and want it to stop I’d recommend watching it’ll offer some really great insight into feelings and behavior. I couldn’t watch it again anytime soon but after that first time I got out of it what I needed already. If not, my condolences.

My guess is that there are probably other underlying issues going on and that the sandwich was just a convenient springboard into that sort of exchange. Have you guys had any tension lately?

Y'know, maybe it's just me being me, but the whole "It's a region x thing," thing always rubbed me off wrong. Like a shoddy excuse for acting like an asshat.
Then again, I'm one inflated sense of self-worth short of being an incel, so what do I know?

Y'know, maybe it's just me being me, but the whole "It's a region x thing," thing always rubbed me off wrong. Like a shoddy excuse for acting like an asshat.
Then again, I'm one inflated sense of self-worth short of being an incel, so what do I know?
Being able to entertain seemingly contradictory ideas and pick kennels of truths is imo indicative of good character and probably honest intellect.

How can you call yourself that without having a profile picture? Here, pick from this selection:

images

tumblr_ppnnf1RwVl1u1ycqw_540.jpg

APTOPIX-Germany-Elect_Horo-e1379888262176.jpg

Is it because it has constant fireworks in every color or because it depends on boring, recycled Christian imagery, with original innovations limited to "wereleopard" because suspension of disbelief is not required. :smile:
I suspect this kind of game lives or dies by its tactical combat mechanics and the tactical challenge presented by the AI.

It's mostly because I still have Disciples II installed and play it every now and then. This is looking pretty sad to me, considering that in its day it was a main contender to HoMM (although you have to be fair and add that in the opposite corner of the ring sat HoMM IV, so not necessarily a fair match) and after last attempt to revive the series (Disciples 3 was such a "success" that a *third*, more or less playable version of it was finalized by devs in their free time because budget ran out) my expectations were already low. To be fair, recycled Christian imagery is in a right place, conflict between God and Lucifer (Highfather and Bethrezen, respectively) was one of the main themes, though neither side looked so... generic. Or maybe they did, maybe I'm just wearing nostalgia glasses and this is perfectly fine. I just want to build some cities, acquire mines, recruit heroes and units and throw spells around, I don't want a huge open world with quirky party members.

The annoying quirky companions are required for the younger players who seek peer approval everywhere and like to meet relatable NPCs with some emo drama background. Maybe you are just too old, emotionally stable and don't need new friends. :smile:
I've never played Disciples, but played plenty of HOMM3 which I loved dearly (along with the even cornier M&M games). But if I would have seen HOMM3 for the first time today, I would have balked at the generic fantasy RPG stuff and the devils and the angels. The more games you play, the higher standards you get until only games like Witcher do something for you.
Maybe give D3 a chance if the combat is good and click through the **** story. :smile:

Back
Top Bottom