What made you sad today? v.IV

Users who are viewing this thread

I might be realted to several old Danish kings for all I know. I've yet to become a professor of Norse mythology though.

Joke's on you, revolutionaries tend to get rid off nobles and their descendants.  :razz:

Oh yeah, never actually made this post.
Yesterday the only - or one of the very select few - German politicans that I feel - felt - some genuine respect and awe for died at the blessed age of 96.
Shame really. Pretty cool guy, doesn't afraid of nothing.
His most memorable visual feature was that he was smoking cigarettes everywhere and every single moment in time. :lol:

But that was combined with a rather cutting way of thinking and speaking out about things without any (false) reverence or politeness. Like the stereotypical old man that just doesn't give a **** if you don't like him. As such there was and is and probably will be a weird cult about his opinions, but in a good way. Like when he deigned to speak out about things suddenly people had this weird consensus to cling to and the debate went on to other aspects or things.
And I mostly think this way because I agreed with most of it, I am well aware. :iamamoron:

Folks that hate Europe hate him, those misguided fools from "The Left" are still sore about his way of dealing with East Germany, but **** those guys.

Anyway.
Here's to you, Schmidt. I'll crack a beer later o7

I feel comfortable saying that everyone aged 15 and older (and below 80 probably...) knows Bush jr and Obama.
Then maybe half of those know Kennedy and Clinton. Maybe Nixon a bit and a confused knowledge, kinda like "there was another Bush at some point, or was it the same one twice?", but more than that?
Or even WW2 era ones? Nah...

/edit
Beer opened. Toasted. Properly sent off the old man :razz:

Yeah but only on German guilt. Everything that could even remotely start a discussion about other people's guilt (let's say area/carpet bombing of civilians by the Allies) is Verboten because Nazis.

Meh ours is pretty americanized but there are plenty of international things.
EXCEPT FOR THOSE FOOKIN COMMIES

Back
Top Bottom