What made you lose faith in humanity today?

Users who are viewing this thread

I keep trying to explain the reason for disproportionality relative to civil law punishments, but maybe you can't get over the fact that sports associations can have their separate disciplinary rules from civilian authorities? It's a UEFA POLICY, not absolute measure of racism compared to violence.
Let the Czech authorities do their work too and present charges, that's independent of the sports disciplinary proceedings. Also I'm pretty sure there is a comprehensive appeal system that goes all the way to CAS and even ECHR, so your precious Kudela could have his day in many courts.

I am saying it is a moral issue, not a legal one. I am pretty sure that the comprehensive appeal system is nowhere near an ordinary judicial appeal system, that disciplinary proceedings have weirdly distributed burdens and standards of proof, that sports federations are cesspits (not necessarily in disciplinary proceedings, though) and that the ECtHR likely has no (at least direct) jurisdiction in this case given its wonky standing in some much more serious WADA cases before the CAS. Despite that, I don't see this as a legal problem, nor a problem that has a legal solution.

I am not worked up by the 10 match ban. I am worked up by the 3 match ban for physical assault. This is a value trouble (subjective, I give you that, but that is why I write it on a forum) - in plain English: this is simply wrong. And I don't think any amount of "it's a policy" or "sport is sport" is going to change that.

@eddiemccandless I'm sure there are White supremacist groups. Nobody's denying it, but we have moved quite beyond that. They're not claiming that those Blacks were secretely White Power skinheads or whatever.

No, the claim is the entire American society is inherently White supremacist and you have to be actively "dismantling White systems of oppression". It's this overall state of this inherently White supremacist society that drives Blacks toward violence, therefore White supremacy is the real culprit of Blacks attacking Asians for no discernible reason.

If you're claiming that Blacks are attacking Asians over covid or because Trump called the chink flu (yeah because we know Trump is such an idol all Blacks seek to emulate) or somesuch then I'm cordially inviting you to live in a Black neighborhood and observe their interactions with the Asians who tend to own a lot, if not nearly all convenience and liquor stores and obviously take-out places. Their very open disdain for each other is apparent to anyone with at least half a brain. This was there decades before covid. Btw it's also almost the same with Hispanics and Blacks. If you can understand some Spanish and not show it so that they speak freely while you browse a bodega, you will think you're at a Klan meeting. I have stories for many moons, but let's not digress.

Every expert, journalistic piece you will ever read will make more sense when you stop thinking we're all playing some kind of blaming game. You're not a genius for identifying that black and asian people can be at odds due to racism. When we have problems, people like to think one step further and think about what could the given cause of the problem and what would be most conducive to it not happening anymore.

No, it's not a genius discovery, that' the absurd part. Everyone who's not a sheltered suburban liberal knows that. You told me the other day how one must get carried away and see a single cause and solution for everything, like taking th jew hating pill. But this is exactly what's going on in America right now. Everything is construed as White people's fault. White people did something bigoted? Well they are bigoted, they need to stop being bigoted. Blacks or any other non-Whites did something bigoted? It's because Whites are bigoted. I'm not playing the blaming game, I'm only seeing that it is being played, but as a result I'm gaslighted that I'm the one playing it. Just bizarre.

The next time there are mostly peaceful protests near you (which will be very soon), go tell them that your county sheriff is Black so they can go home, because racism has been solved in your county. See how well that goes. You are cheering on people who hate you and wish you ill.

No, it's not a genius discovery, that' the absurd part. Everyone who's not a sheltered suburban liberal knows that. You told me the other day how one must get carried away and see a single cause and solution for everything, like taking th jew hating pill. But this is exactly what's going on in America right now. Everything is construed as White people's fault. White people did something bigoted? Well they are bigoted, they need to stop being bigoted. Blacks or any other non-Whites did something bigoted? It's because Whites are bigoted. I'm not playing the blaming game, I'm only seeing that it is being played, but as a result I'm gaslighted that I'm the one playing it. Just bizarre.
Then that should be formulated in a constructive manner that doesn't involve broad strokes about blacks killing Asians. Just be honest with your feels and say that the way these things are being reported is making you anxious. Help people help you by first helping them understand the feelings involved. If you don't, you're just gonna come across confusing, obfuscating and dishonest.

I assure you everyone would've agreed if you did it well enough. I've read Jacob argue something related to what you're describing, too. And I can see myself coming around to the argument.

The next time there are mostly peaceful protests near you (which will be very soon), go tell them that your county sheriff is Black so they can go home, because racism has been solved in your county. See how well that goes. You are cheering on people who hate you and wish you ill.
Lol ok nvm you are clearly not well
Get help

Last edited:
I am white, I live in the same country than you. I don't perceive this "anti-white" sentiment. If anything, quite the contrary. The overwhelming majority of people I know who work well paying jobs are white. I know one brilliant black researcher, who of course is labelled the diversity hire no matter how much he accomplishes. I genuinely wonder why we have such a different perception of the same reality. How did you come to form yours?

To be fair, it depends on where you live. NYC is pretty aggressively progressive. Being a centrist ex-cop in NYC must be triggering.

Rams: The whole Black sheriff thing was what Brutus actually claimed about a year ago. That there is no reason for people to protest in his home state and county. That they have Black cops and sheriffs there, so whatever problem there was with Chauvin and Floyd, was a local Minneapolis problem and the protests should be confined to there.

This is massively symptomatic. There are droves of whites who are mentally stuck in the 80s or somesuch who abhor racism because they think racism means Kunta getting flogged in The Roots and angry white Alabamans setting buses on fire. The concept of racism has meanwhile shifted, or rather expanded, light years without them even noticing. The behavior they consider fine and practice regularly is actually seen as wildly racist by the "anti-racist" tone-setting vanguard, but still those whites are nodding along because they think they are on the same page with BLM or Ibrahim Kendi etc. But "racism" is now so firmly established as the supreme, all-defining evil that it has become a magical bullet and most whites will agree to almost anything, all you have to do is say the magic word.

At least, that brings me to Eddie, is how it's here in NYC. Maybe it's different in the Dakotas or rural Arkansas. I don't have any tale of woe. Nobody's done anything to me. I live in a very diverse neighborhood, I'm about the only white (not really, but there's very few of us), mostly Blacks, mostly homegrown, but also Caribbean, some Hispanics, some Haredim and yes the commuting Asians who run the stores here, but live elsewhere. I'm also married to a part Japanese, part WASP, so I have some insight on specifically the Asian-Black relations from there too. One big lesson from living in that neighborhood and NY general was exactly that exactly that every group is "racist", in that it has in-group preferences. And everybody except whites openly brags about it. Whites here regularly drop racially self-deprecating comments and remarks into conversations for no reason, just to signal in advance that they are not racist. I've heard on numerous ocassions people saying stuff like Whites should have fewer babies, that they have no culture, that they should never ask Black people about Black culture or history, because that means the White is appropriating the Black's time and effort. You are supposed to educate yourself by googling, you're not even allowed to ask for literature. It's racist. That whites have a moral obligation to not call the police when they are criminally (including violently) victimized by blacks, so as not to put them at risk of being mistreated by cops. That Whites should not hang out with Black people, because it's invasion of Black spaces. And everybody nodded like those were the most obvious things. They were not outliers, I hear **** like that all the time. I went to th BLM protests last year, to see for myself. People were completely unironically and in plain words calling for killing cops.And for abolishing the police. Yes unambiguously abolishing, not just defunding a little and redirecting the funds to social work as the media tried to spin it.

NY is of course not the enitre America, but the angles and talking points of 90% of national media are closer to the NY ones than the Bum****, Wyoming ones.

Back
Top Bottom