What made you laugh today - Fifth Edition

Bromden

Archduke
Best answers
What does this have to do with cyborgs? This is a straight "photograph your ear like an idiot and send us 3 dollars" scam.

LeChat

Sergeant Knight at Arms
WBM&BWF&SVC
Best answers
Yes, but as it is a classical joke and you think it would never happens to you, I was loling ^^
(It still hurt and I have a bump on my forehead)
I didn't know the word 'schadenfreude' (that seems to be also used in french) ; and maybe my reaction shows I can have a distanciation with myself (don't know how to consider it).

Best answers
Facebook doesn't allow me to go live anymore because I posted this image without any captions after the Turkish local election that was won by the opposition got annulled.
this bit is slightly irritating. They also removed the post because it violates community standards. The funnier thing is, declaring this decision I got this message but slightly modified:
There was no 'request review' option. A choice where the only option is to accept the decision. How fitting.

Kentucky James VII

BioAfrikaner
Duke
Best answers
The most infuriating part about all this is that facebook deletions are driven by reports. So if someone doesn't like your post they can report-spam it and the algorithm will usually get it removed. It's led to the deletion of some of my favorite pages, and a friend of mine lost her 200k+ follower art page out of the blue with no messages despite none of her drawings coming close to violating any of the ToS.

P​
A N O P T I C O N
A
N
O
P
T
I
C
O
N​

Adorno

Bedroom Assassin
Duke
WBNWM&BVC
Best answers
Ubisoft is doing a live reveal of the next Assassin's Creed game setting.
It's an artist making cover art - or something - for the game, and he's been at it for hours now. The poor man 🤪

Kentucky James VII

BioAfrikaner
Duke
Best answers
Hell would sooner freeze over.

It's absolutely shocking that they haven't set a game in feudal japan. The setting is perfect for the gameplay loop they keep doing: there's tons of verticality, a wide range of weapons, literal assassins, and plenty of reasonable justification for the game mechanics. But nope, instead lets set this game about nimble assassins in random forests in the american revolutionary war, and now in the greasiest crummiest era that only fat inbred racist metalheads enjoy: the pop history dilution of the viking age.

Incidentally I am enjoying Odyssey quite a bit, but at least part of that is due to how much I'm using it as an opportunity to reference it for assets in my own game.

Adorno

Bedroom Assassin
Duke
WBNWM&BVC
Best answers
Are you calling my history pop culture? :sad:

(I think I know what you mean).
I like to think our Viking Conquest was quite historically realistic down to clothing, weapons, ships, persons, buildings etc. I don't think it's pop.
I haven't played AC games, but they seem to do history some justice - with liberties for 'fun gameplay'.
(The ruins in the artwork are puzzling though. Must be very late Viking Age).

Abraxium

Regular
Best answers
In the greasiest crummiest era that only fat inbred racist metalheads enjoy: the pop history dilution of the viking age.
I enjoyed this post far more than you can imagine :lol:

But James, (Jacob?) shinobis have a black outfit and AC requires a white one!!! I hear one aforementioned metalhead proclaim, for he doesn't know that he has been exposed to the idea that ninjas wore or used special garments/weapons than any other soldier. Pop goes the culture

kurczak

Section Moderator
WB
Best answers
It's absolutely shocking that they haven't set a game in feudal japan. The setting is perfect for the gameplay loop they keep doing: there's tons of verticality, a wide range of weapons, literal assassins, and plenty of reasonable justification for the game mechanics. But nope, instead lets set this game about nimble assassins in random forests in the american revolutionary war, and now in the greasiest crummiest era that only fat inbred racist metalheads enjoy: the pop history dilution of the viking age.
Oh yeah, if only the setting was something niche and unexplored, something unkempt obese basement dwellers show no interest in. Like samurais and katanas.