What made you happy today?

Users who are viewing this thread

:smile: Some of my American friends do this too, I assume as a courtesy so that this Eurotrash isn't confused. But the overlap is only relevant when the number is less than ~ 40. If it's 80 C outside, you don't have to worry about anything, least of all measurement units.
I guess I'm used to a lot of people on here being from places other than the US, so whenever I mention temperature I point out that I'm using Fahrenheit. I just hate leaving any room for misinterpretation. :razz:

This was one of those days where everything just seems to go your way, it's an odd occurrence, but I love when it happens

Also they reuploaded ASAP Rocky's cover of Sittin' On, this day has been great :razz:

My partner (together almost 14 years, married nearly 5) did some light cheating (over the pants, under the shirt) last summer. ****'s been rocky. Lots of money has been spent on therapy. It's taken me a long time to accept that her cheating had very little to do with me. She decided to move out a month ago to help understand whether she still wants to be with me. I supported her decision, albeit reluctantly at first.

Now that it's been a month, I feel fantastic. For the first time since August, I feel really proud about who I am independent of her, and for how I've been able to continuously show up for the sake of our marriage. Even if our relationship ends in divorce, I realized that I won't regret the decision to marry her.

I also realized that for the first time in 14 years I have a strong desire to fall in love again with someone else. Despite that desire, I still love my wife, but I'm no longer afraid to lose her. I wonder if I could somehow hold love in my heart for two people at once? It would be kinda cool to have a wife and a girlfriend.

All things considered, life has been tough, but it probably helps that I'm going on a date with a cute and interesting girl tomorrow morning! :grin:

Thanks, man. It feels so isolating when you're in the middle of it, but it's something that happens to half of all marriages, and the majority of all romantic relationships, so that helps keep it in perspective. Honestly, I think it would have been just as tough if it was 4 years, or 14 years, or 40 years.

Date went surprisingly well - she's out of my league looks wise, but she agreed to go on a second one!

MSI GE75 Raider
I7-9750H
Nvidia RTX 2070 (not max-q)
16GB RAM (Dual Channel)
1TB NVMe SSD, 1TB HDD
144HZ refresh rate
It's pretty dope.

I couldn't buy any computer for months because the Government heavily restricted shipping from overseas due to Coronavirus. But now restrictions have been eased so I was able to get it. It will however take about 2 weeks to get here.

Playing C&C Remastered, just about ready to finally finish the last GDI mission, with the alternate/special ending, which involves finishing it all by going ham on the enemy HQ with an orbital particle cannon.
Ion Cannon charged, just a power plant and the Nod Temple left, call in an airstrike on both, aaaand, the AI launches a nuke at my Advanced Comm Centre, severing my Ion Cannon uplink. Then it sells the ****ing Temple! :lol:
Aaah, the nostalgia. AI as broken as the day it was coded. Starting to see where my youthful bad habits in the RTS genre stem from.

MSI GE75 Raider
I7-9750H
Nvidia RTX 2070 (not max-q)
16GB RAM (Dual Channel)
1TB NVMe SSD, 1TB HDD
144HZ refresh rate
It's pretty dope.

I couldn't buy any computer for months because the Government heavily restricted shipping from overseas due to Coronavirus. But now restrictions have been eased so I was able to get it. It will however take about 2 weeks to get here.
That sounds like a helluva rig. Congrats. :grin:

I am now more than 8 stone in weight. <3

And if we are gonna brag about rigs. :3
CPU - AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor - 6 Cores RAM - 16 GB
GPU - Radeon RX 580 Series - Primary/Discrete
256 Gb Bandwidth
1411MHz clocked
VRAM - 8192 MB - GDDR5 2000 MHz
1TB HDD
2TB SSD

Oof...I'm 25 stone, but down from 30 this time last year!

Dating as a fat married man has gone surprisingly well. First girl didn't pan out after the second date, but I started seeing another girl right after her who's really cool and sweet and sexual and we've got our 5th date coming up this weekend! 2020 is looking like it's going to be a good year for me. :razz:

Last edited:
Oof...I'm 25 stone, but down from 30 this time last year!

Dating as a fat married man has gone surprisingly well. First girl didn't pan out after the second date, but I started seeing another girl right after her who's really cool and sweet and sexual and we've got our 5th date coming up this weekend! 2020 is looking like it's going to be a good year for me. :razz:
Dating as a married man? :neutral:

Back
Top Bottom