What made you happy today?

Users who are viewing this thread

Been really busy at work the last few days -in fact, the past couple weeks have been crazy-, but today we were finally caught up and there was no pressure, so I got out of work early. I've worked enough this week that I'm actually enjoying being home this afternoon. I also deposited my first paycheck from the farm today, which was a good feeling for sure. When I went into the bank, one of my favorite songs ("Life is a Highway") started playing on the radio, and I took that as a sign that fate was smiling on me today. So yeah, the sun is shining, I'm sitting in the reclining chair for the first time in days (and I feel like I've earned it and I'm not just being lazy), I've got $$$ in the bank account.... It feels like a good day.

:lol: Thanks.

Speaking of which, another reason I'm happy today is I've started thinking about renting my own place. I had been thinking a bit about apartments, but then my dad and I got talking, and he reminded me about how his first place, after he moved out of his parents' house, was a small house that he rented from a neighbor. The house was vacant and needed a lot of work, but my dad and the neighbor agreed that dad could live there if he helped the neighbor fix it up. It reminded me that one of our neighbors has got an old house that's currently unoccupied and in tough shape, but theoretically it might make a nice place for me, if these neighbors would agree to a similar arrangement. It's all just a dream right now, but my dad thinks it's a good idea (and he's a much wiser person than me, so I always take that to be a good sign), and the idea of a place to myself (even if it's just a dream right now), of space and peace and quiet, sounds... really nice. Here's hoping it comes true.

I trade currencies for a living, and woke up to see that overnight the market had come 0.1 pip from my stop order (to accept a loss). 0.1 is the smallest increment the market trades in, so the luck is incredible. It's the difference between me losing a couple hundered pounds and now standing to win 2.5x my risk.

NteMmeM.jpg

In case anyone is interested in markets/investing/trading, give my Instagram a follow - https://www.instagram.com/reubenblameyfx

EDIT: The trade just hit target banking me 2.6% gain in 9 hours.

Last edited:
Yes it's my job. And I'm a consultant for a trading firm providing trades and analysis to some of their clients. I also wrote a book about trading and run mentorship programs sometimes.

Yes it's my job. And I'm a consultant for a trading firm providing trades and analysis to some of their clients. I also wrote a book about trading and run mentorship programs sometimes.
Impressive.
How do you predict the fluctuations in currencies to find the right moment?
Interested in this too, especially between Pounds and US dollars.
Doing the opposite of what every article and youtube video says. The hedge funds and investment banks deliberately bait retail traders into the "guaranteed low risk high reward" reversal signals and price action formations or whatever conventional "wisdom" you can find floating around on the internet and in bookstores.

Okay then. That reminds me: in our company we have accounts with both US$ and €, and sometimes convert.
How do you predict the fluctuations in currencies to find the right moment?
I don't work in that sort of way. I don't bother trying to predict where the exchange rate will be in 2 months time as I'm not a position trader . I just look at what happened last week, what happened yesterday and try to jump in and jump out based on price patterns. My trades usually last anywhere from a few hours up to a few days. Rarely any longer than 3 days. So I work in such small increments of price that most people wouldn't notice it with exchange rates.

You could always learn how to trade markets, many people do it as a secondary income alongside their day job including students of mine! Totally possible.

It’s been stormy for two to three weeks in London but today I woke up hungover as hell from last night and it was bright blue skies with bright sunshine but still pretty cold but like a crisp cold which I like in the morning, I got in my car and listened to music my nana used to play on the radio with the windows rolled down and was just speeding down country roads feeling free, reminiscing on the past. Wholesome morning if you ask me

Back
Top Bottom