What made you happy today?

Users who are viewing this thread

200w.gif

TetSC.jpg

This metal door handle. It is large and on very thick doors. It has a very strong spring so you need to use it with quite a force, usually making it go all the way to the other position with a loud 'clang'. Too bad the doors were not metal themselves. Still, this was by far the closest I ever got to a genuine Alien: Isolation experience  :lol:

After several years of constant (polite) complaining, we finally found a Windstream customer service rep willing to actually pull up our contract and see that $90 a month is supposed to be getting us more than half a MB download speed. And what do you know, we're actually supposed to be getting "up to 12MB", so they've finally fixed it and are even willing to "generously" credit us $5 a month off our bill for a few years. (Apparently the half a MB download speed is $85 a month plan? I don't know, I'm only using this company because there aren't any others.) I can finally watch Youtube videos without having to pause every minute, and I might even be able to download a game large than a gigabyte! :shock:

Tricky thing with those things is that it is "up to". They don't cite any lower limits guaranteed to you. At my old place it should've been "up to 2MB" but in reality it was slower than dial-up. Couldn't do **** because "Well, it's only up to that amount, we didn't say you'd actually get it".

**** knows they'd raise **** if people tried paying the fraction of the service they actually got provided though.

Yeah, I doubt I'll get the full 12, but I can actually do stuff with 1 or more. And the sad part is that Windstream is largely considered the best of the worst ISPs.

I'm a free man now. Had my last undergrad exams earlier this week. If all goes well, I'll be admitted to a Masters (+PhD, though I've changed my mind about pursuing that) programme for at least one more year at Uni, and after that... well, we'll see.

It feels a little surreal to know that with a little bit of planning I'll never have to take an exam again (at least not one related to school/uni). And they'll be giving me money instead of taking it from me for that Masters programme too.

Hmm I wonder what the odds actually are on Phillip making some racially inflammatory comment to the bride or her family. Fingers crossed, the old boys been quiet for too long imo.

Back
Top Bottom