What made you awestruck or astonished today?

Users who are viewing this thread

Nah, air force.
I was stuck in the northmost base, in a generally rural area, so I didn't get to see as much as I would have liked. (Well, also Covid hit lol). But of what I did see, i love it. The people are, generally speaking, as friendly as the stereotype suggests. The countryside is gorgeous - on my last bullet train ride I passed by the Pacific en route to Tokyo, and then as it headed west and the train moved more inland I got to appreciate mountains and little isolated communities.
Hiroshima was an incredile experience. Both with how friendly they were to my friend and I (knowing pretty obviously that we're American military) and seeing the Peace Museum. Additionally, just understanding how the city was leveled less than 80 years ago, and seeing how vibrantly it sprung back up to be almost a cultural nexus.

Can't comment on a lot of the overall culture things, as I'm somehow the least weeb person i know, but overall seeing the land and getting to appreciate its history has made me appreciate japan quite a bit more.

Noticed on imdb that the Avatar films are in production.
It's not so much awe, as surprise, that they're right now filming Avatar 5 to be released in 7-8 years :xf-oops:
v8F8Z.jpg
Talk about planning ahead.

Started teaching in coronatimes and holy Moly, MS Teams is like a really really handy piece of work. Convenient, easy to use, easy to navigate. Love it. I tried Slack some time before in some other project, but this Teams things is next level. Would recommend.

(this message was not paid for by Bill Gates, I promiss)

I haven't used Teams that much, but Slack works so well that I hardly see what could be better about it. I've been using it for years in every company I've worked with.

There's this other one called twist I haven't explored, but the way it organizes channels does look neat.

Started teaching in coronatimes and holy Moly, MS Teams is like a really really handy piece of work. Convenient, easy to use, easy to navigate. Love it. I tried Slack some time before in some other project, but this Teams things is next level. Would recommend.

Agreed, Teams is very optimized for classrooms. I was pleasantly surprised the first time I tried it. Slack has nothing on Teams. Though, in the end, I still prefer Discord for everything else, so for the sake of having everything on the same platform...

I feel like summer catches me by surprise every year. It hasn't been two weeks from when I found myself knee-deep in snow while walking in the woods. Today just standing outside makes me sweaty, everything all green and ****, and smells like mud and plant stuff.

I...

...I am pregnant ?
The messiah..!?

I've used Slack and Teams for work and my God, Slack was 1000 times better, I almost don't believe you can be serious... However I haven't used Teams since before the pandemic or for a school setting so maybe they made a bunch of improvements. Slack has a much nicer UI and is way easier to customize, not to mention the fun features like custom reactions and posting gifs that don't need to be approved by a committee of boring old twat****les.

Back
Top Bottom