What kind of player does TW want MP to actually appeal to?

Users who are viewing this thread

Now regarding the game modes, mp main page, features etc, they are sticking with a lot of what Warband was/has. Maybe its because what they know or their workforce capability, but I like it.

What audience are they trying to appeal to? Warband players me-thinks
46d73c3cc50fa32e0e1d8c2a38007477.gif

Do any Warband players like Bannerlord MP? I've yet to meet one.

As far as eSports goes, the only videos I liked watching from M&B was the big battles, not 6 on 6. cRpg ones were great because you could recognize players through their armour and personalized clan banners.

Do any Warband players like Bannerlord MP? I've yet to meet one.

As far as eSports goes, the only videos I liked watching from M&B was the big battles, not 6 on 6. cRpg ones were great because you could recognize players through their armour and personalized clan banners.

You'd probably find like 5 Warband players that play BL because they simple despise it :razz:

They want to appeal to the e-sports crowd but don't seem to understand that medieval melee fighting games are a niche by definition and if you ignore your niche you'll be left without players fairly soon.
This.

My assumption would be that TaleWorlds aim to make Bannerlord more beginner friendly than Warband. The most fundamental changes compared to Warband are intended to create more balance in matches, disallowing experienced players from choosing strategies they would in Warband. At least, this is what TW have stated in the past. However, it is extremely rare that we hear true, honest and pure intentions from the decision-making people at TW. In most cases the community has to deal with promises that are not met, deadlines that are missed by not weeks but months or years and most importantly; community feedback that is massively disregarded. The latter predominantly coming Warband veterans, I would assume that indeed the aim is to make this game more beginner friendly. Some people speculate that the aim is to make it appealing for E-Sport, but in my opinion E-Sport is actually more appealing in games where a wider range of strategies can be used to win matches. It seems that all TaleWorlds aim to do here is give players no other choice than to uninstall the game, hoping for long-awaited changes to be made with modding tools. In any case, we shouldn't give up on the game all together since modding tools truly have the potential to revive this game.

Strategies evolved over years in Warband, but they're pretty stagnant for Bannerlord. This could be because competitive-minded people aren't sticking to Bannerlord as much as they did in Warband, or because of existing class/mechanic/game mode imbalances, or just general lack of popularity. Changing game modes is a one-off way to force a change in strategy, but new metas in popular games are picked up fairly quickly at the top end after balance passes or overhauls. We're not seeing much in the way of iterative meta development in Bannerlord.

It's a shame, really, that the people who had been dying to push the envelope are so disillusioned with the game and its progress that they've abandoned it.

Too few choices with perk system to see something different. It is like; throwing spear/spear, and a mace ( Against Vlandia and Khuzait) or sword. Boring

Strategies evolved over years in Warband, but they're pretty stagnant for Bannerlord. This could be because competitive-minded people aren't sticking to Bannerlord as much as they did in Warband, or because of existing class/mechanic/game mode imbalances, or just general lack of popularity. Changing game modes is a one-off way to force a change in strategy, but new metas in popular games are picked up fairly quickly at the top end after balance passes or overhauls. We're not seeing much in the way of iterative meta development in Bannerlord.

It's a shame, really, that the people who had been dying to push the envelope are so disillusioned with the game and its progress that they've abandoned it.
Actually it is the opposite, metas have been more different in Bannerlord during 1 year then Warbands have been during 10.

As Firunien pointed out: ''metas have been more different in Bannerlord during 1 year then Warbands have been during 10''.
This is entirely correct, we've seen competitive matches with full Voulgier. We've seen competitive matches with full Infantry. Class limites were debated for BEAST because of the Infantry problem. Strategies in Bannerlord are not stagnant at all. In fact, they've done more than Warband in its entire existence. This is thanks to the game-changing patches where some classes would get massive buffs and others get massive nerfs..

We had lots of heavy inf during early stage, then we had a time of crush through where shocks have been used. Now we have skirmisher, multi spawn meta. Warband had the same setups for almost all its life cycle once 8v8 became standard.

These are not metas, these are downright overpowered or undertuned. All the metas of bannerdog as a game are a result of other things being nerfed to the ground and being downright useless or extremely undertuned therefore not being usable. Metas are what is forming as a strategic use and can co-exist in numbers. Keep defending bannerlord though for its choices, im sure and the 10 others who play it enjoy it

These are not metas, these are downright overpowered or undertuned. All the metas of bannerdog as a game are a result of other things being nerfed to the ground and being downright useless or extremely undertuned therefore not being usable. Metas are what is forming as a strategic use and can co-exist in numbers. Keep defending bannerlord though for its choices, im sure and the 10 others who play it enjoy it
I am not defending Bannerlord, i am just saying that Bannerlord has not had a stale meta because it is factually wrong , most game design choices are absolutly bad. Of course its because stuff is under or overpowered. You are beeing paranoid, i never said thats good, the throwing spam meta at the moment is a steaming pile of crap, the crushthrough was not thought out and removed, it still changed the way the game was played. Now in contrast to Warband tell me, which metas were played as Swadia? The oh so balanced awl pike meta. What happened as Nords? Well the totally balanced javelins were handed out to infantry in every match i ever played. Now show me where Warband had meta changes from 2012-2020.

But this goes back to problem of not having a no-limit tournament. TW probably sees equal 3-way split of chosen perks and fairly equal 6-way split of classes through "competitive" matchmaking public games and thinks all is good in the realm.

Back
Top Bottom