What kind of player does TW want MP to actually appeal to?

Users who are viewing this thread

DennyWiseau

Veteran
Tbh I always find myself kinda confused and underwhelmed when joining MP In Bannerlord, it is almost always a cluster**** and quickly becomes boring and repetetive. I remember playing it initially with a friend at alpha launch and having fun with it for a while before it got boring. Now over a year later I feel like nothing major has changed only balances changes which supposedly (seem to remeber reading this somewhere not sure though) is also one of the major reasons why custom servers/mutiplayer mods are delayed.

My main question is, who are Taleworlds actually balancing their game for? casual gamers, competetive gamers, esports MLG scene?

Speaking for myself and my freind as casual players, the game dosent need much balancing at all because the core mechanics of CTF (siege) and TDM are really dull and dosent promote teamplay at all, which is what we look for in MP games anyways.

I should preface this by saying I also found the the mp of Warband very boring/uninteresting, so I might not be the best to critique MP in Bannerlord. I did however spend hundreds of hours playing Napoleonic wars and Crpg(DTV) because the teambased gameplay (Linefire and sheildwall) was so fun.

They want to appeal to the e-sports crowd but don't seem to understand that medieval melee fighting games are a niche by definition and if you ignore your niche you'll be left without players fairly soon.

I just wish they would aim toward people who enjoy moderately realistic proto-medieval battles. Right now it's more like a chaotic mobile game, I'm not even kidding.

I like current combat mechanics as is. I think they have done a good job at fulfilling player's request of dmg/armor/mechanics. Now regarding the game modes, mp main page, features etc, they are sticking with a lot of what Warband was/has. Maybe its because what they know or their workforce capability, but I like it.

What audience are they trying to appeal to? Warband players me-thinks and any other gamer that likes medieval combat. I really enjoy not having a stamina bar or any other element of modern gameplay. Maybe I am boring but I like less clicking. I supremely enjoy how you kill/die in this game, and never gets boring for me. Sieges are super fun when they don't CTD or make ur computer restart.

B-But the multiplayer design choices are fine as it is
rcEwCml.jpg

That was a little uncalled for now, wasn't it? And here I thought you were a cool dude with your hilarious posts and Mass Effect references!
Suck up :dead:

They want to appeal to the e-sports crowd but don't seem to understand that medieval melee fighting games are a niche by definition and if you ignore your niche you'll be left without players fairly soon.
as a member of that crowd I can confirm that the "esports" crowd has been the loudest voice against the class system and lack of custom servers thus far.

as a member of that crowd I can confirm that the "esports" crowd has been the loudest voice against the class system and lack of custom servers thus far.
yeah they wanted to appeal to the esports crowd but managed to displease just about everyone with their multiplayer decisions so far

I say that cause TW was always talking over the years in how they hoped to expand Multiplayers' popularity, make it more competitive and maybe even an esport but seems their vision for this is completely out of touch with their entire community, no wonder i have to wait for minutes in matchmaker with 6 other players in the server to play once and then return to lobby screen, spend more time there than playing lmao

Back
Top Bottom