What isn't being included in the early access exactly?

Users who are viewing this thread

If this has already been answered in another thread a link would be most appreciated.

So thus far I am 100% unaware as to what won't be in the early access version of bannerlord that will be in the final version. What are those things?

The early access version will be reusing scenes for different towns, may lack some supporting features, may have a limited number of quests, voice-overs, etc. and may lack localizations for some languages.

Throughout the course of the early access period we intend to introduce the missing supporting features, such as, rebellions, kingdom creation and weapon crafting, while expanding and enhancing many of the existing features that are outlined below.”

This is from the steam store so this is what I know thus far.

Also as i remember it, they once said that ships like in VC might hit the game after full release, so im guessing there wont be ship owning either.

This is from the steam store so this is what I know thus far.

Honestly this sounds like SP is in a pretty good state. Lack of Kingdom creation is sad but it won't affect the average play through and gives me a good reason to rise within the ranks of an established faction for a change. Also it must mean there is more to this feature then simply picking a colour and a name.

Weapon crafting I can 100% live without; yeah it looks nice and I will use it when it comes but really its an added gimmick. I won't miss its lack of inclusion.

Again voice-overs are nice but I can enjoy warband with little more voice acting then "It's almost harvesting season!"

I was very interested in the mechanics of crafting weapons.
It is sad that she will not be at the start of early access. This is a small part of the game, but very interesting.

If they don’t add mechanics with heirs, then I will be in a passive sad rage :xf-eek:

I was very interested in the mechanics of crafting weapons.
It is sad that she will not be at the start of early access. This is a small part of the game, but very interesting.

If they don’t add mechanics with heirs, then I will be in a passive sad rage :xf-eek:

The life-cycle and heirs system is much more important to me; I feel this will be included given how its such a significant portion of the game now. Afterall perma-death is a thing now.

The life-cycle and heirs system is much more important to me; I feel this will be included given how its such a significant portion of the game now. Afterall perma-death is a thing now.
It seems to have heard that death can be turned off. So the game can work without this mechanics.
But I agree, the mechanics are very important and cool. I hope it will be full.

I wonder what turning off Death will actually entail.
Is it just for the player? For everyone? Is the entire heir mechanic turned off because the game doesn't need new lords anymore? Can the player still die from old age or do they just stop aging?

I wonder what turning off Death will actually entail.
Is it just for the player? For everyone? Is the entire heir mechanic turned off because the game doesn't need new lords anymore? Can the player still die from old age or do they just stop aging?

I was under the impression that you can't turn off death entirely - you can only turn off death in battle.

You'll still age and eventually die from it, and you can still be executed if you're captured for high crimes, misdermeanors, treason, abuse of power, etc.

I was under the impression that you can't turn off death entirely - you can only turn off death in battle.

You'll still age and eventually die from it, and you can still be executed if you're captured for high crimes, misdermeanors, treason, abuse of power, etc.
Good question, because if turn off death means your character cant die of old age, then what is the point of a family & clans? will only serve to overpopulate the map so i am hoping it is only for battles, or that having children gets disabled when you turn off death

I'm usually a very patient guy so if the EA version will lack major features (such as the mentioned kingdom creation) I'd be more than glad to wait for the final release. But if most of the things missing are voice lines and quests, I could see myself getting into EA.

It'd be cool to have a definite list to be able to really work out if I want to have my first playthrough on the EA version or the full version.

I'm usually a very patient guy so if the EA version will lack major features (such as the mentioned kingdom creation) I'd be more than glad to wait for the final release. But if most of the things missing are voice lines and quests, I could see myself getting into EA.

It'd be cool to have a definite list to be able to really work out if I want to have my first playthrough on the EA version or the full version.
As far as we know the only major things to be missing are player kingdoms, rebellions and weapon crafting. There could be more but those are the 3 big ones listed on steam.
Cant say i really mind any of them since my first couple of playthroughs will be with existing factions and trying to take over

Nice! I was really concerned that this game won't have rebellion system, but even if it's not in the game at ea release, at least we know it will be developed. I really hope aging and perma death will be in the game at ea release.

It would be nice to know the full list, Callum has said there will be 100's of hours worth of content in EA so It sounds like it's going to be pretty fleshed out from the start of EA.

Hm strange, I didn't think to die in battle was ever on the table. Every time lords battle they would be at risk of dying considering at least one lord has to be reduced to 0 hp to end the battle (unless giving up is an option for the NPC lords).

Here's a reply from callum about seasons in March 2019:
Regarding weather effects: we have seasonal changes, so perhaps my statement was a bit off the mark there as they aren't really weather effects along the lines of something like thunder storms.

What we don't have at this moment in time are weather effects that impact directly on gameplay in scenes, such as rain that prevents your crossbow from firing, or anything else like that.

https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...e-remains-to-be-explained.380443/post-9092819

Surprised that weapon crafting is something they'll still need to implement. Seem simple enough, just choose a few models and then press ok.

I hope we will at least get a simplified version where we can choose from existing weapon models already in the game so we don't have to go from town to town looking for a specific sword that compliments our character .

Back
Top Bottom