What is your Personality?

Users who are viewing this thread

I actually took the test on this same site quite a while back. The description seemed shockingly accurate, but I recall wondering just how much of that is the fact that each of them is filled with a whole lot of words that anyone would like to be associated with. So yeah, here's my result email from back then, looking a bit different; put the numbers in the brackets as they are currently shown, for easier comparison if anyone should care.

Your personality type: INFP (turbulent variant)
Strength of individual traits: Introverted: 55% (78%), Intuitive: 9% (55%), Feeling: 19% (60%), Prospecting: 7% (54%), Turbulent: 15% (58%).

And the rather notably different result (aside the introversion) I got when repeating the test now.

Personality type: “The Logician” (INTP-A)
Individual traits: Introverted – 89%, Intuitive – 75%, Thinking – 67%, Prospecting – 84%, Assertive – 75%.
Role: Analyst
Strategy: Confident Individualism

Again, I feel like the change and the new result actually corresponds really damn well, at least to how my outlook on life has changed since I first did the test. In fact, it's the type change I recall doing the test made me think I should aim for. There's definitely enough detail in there that matches very well, even between all the praise for the virtues of whatever personality type, to make me think there is at least some basis to this.

That said, there's still some points where I definitely think my previous result was a far better fit. I'm definitely still way more set on being an author than a scientist or a mathematician, for certain. Not that I was ever bad with numbers, and I do find science of all sorts very fascinating, but all that **** is still way too much work for me. I suppose studying philosophy ends up being a pretty nice compromise, all things considered. And I admittedly have been becoming more and more obsessed with scientific plausibility when I write, as well.

I have to admit, I find the test really interesting, not only for the whole reflection thing, but also for a more general consideration on exactly how accurately you could in fact categorize human personality. I'll put reading up on that on the list of the countless projects that I'm never going to get started on.

I've also done the test a bunch of times, and I always arrive at either ISTP or ESTP - depending on whether I'm in a leadership position or not.

SootShade said:
I have to admit, I find the test really interesting, not only for the whole reflection thing, but also for a more general consideration on exactly how accurately you could in fact categorize human personality. I'll put reading up on that on the list of the countless projects that I'm never going to get started on.

Despite not being a personality researcher, I kind of noped out of there when they mentioned viewing Myers-Briggs as a base for their theory (also not exactly sold on the "amazing" combination of Jungian theory and Myers-Briggs).

If you're going to read up on personality types make sure to look at psychometrics published in reputable personality journals.

Back
Top Bottom