What is your favorite faction in 0.8?

Users who are viewing this thread

Alecian, as for dwarfs with shields -would this troop do?
3GeDEEV.jpg
It's already in the game but currently you can't upgrade anyone into it.
Your suggestions seem reasonable, so I could change this.

Leonion said:
Alecian, as for dwarfs with shields -would this troop do?
3GeDEEV.jpg
It's already in the game but currently you can't upgrade anyone into it.
Your suggestions seem reasonable, so I could change this.

Yes that is perfect! Nice job, looking forward to play it in the future!

Leonion said:
Alecian, install hotfix 11.

Wow that is perfect! It even has throwing axes, I was considering suggesting that but didn't, it's a really nice addition.

The AI around dwarves is a bit weird sometimes when I have a feast, I just had 3 dwarf lords stand outside my castle for 10 days in a row in preparation for my feast, not moving an inch, hehe.

My favorite faction are the giants. I prefer the Bakhal Giants.

I did end up using Morgh's to make them more of what I imagine them to be: Two foot soldier branches. One a berserker style (low/med armor, high damage, high agility), one an armored high damage and decent range. And a rock throwing branch. I added two throwing rocks that 30 and 50 damage and I slowed them down a bit.

No shields and the berseker has no ranged weapon.

I only did these changes, because this is more of how I pictured a giant faction and when I am playing I only want to use the faction that I am playing troops.

Geldar for the challenge, Third legion questline for seige infantry and then suicide charge Arulo then switch to dukes and bully elintor with Geldarin dukes in the field :} eventually get them to declare war on tolrainia and take galwe and Bam!! Perisno time.

Dasmodeus said:
Leonion, there is a chance to add either Moose/Deer Armored Moose/Armored Deer as mounts for Elintor/Geldar?

latest

Actually its an Elk.
Only if I happen to stumble upon a high-quality free model of one of those horned forest creatures whose author allows people to use it in their mods.
Otherwise, no, that would not be possible.

Kingdom of Perisno.

The troops all look cool and they can help you overcome darn near anything the game can throw at you.

Need to build siege towers and ladders faster? Perisno Champion's engineering has got you covered.

Faster healing for your troops between battles and slaving? Perisno Priestesses.

Need to catch almost any party on the world map? Darkforest Cavalry backed up by Great Knights.

Early game though my favorite would be Maccavia due to the faction's defensive play style (a playstyle that the game tends to reward based on how field battles work) and having everything you need to grab castles and make sure the above kingdom gets a strong start.

Ingvar's troops, Maccavia and Hakkons. I ike hakkons for their Roman-ish vibe, and being the best boys for dealing with cavalry. Their matching armor looks very nice as well.

Maccavia has the power to mow down everything with their Knights of steel.

Ingvar's troops (or Ingvarians as I call them) can be ANYTHING.

Leonion said:
Only if I happen to stumble upon a high-quality free model of one of those horned forest creatures whose author allows people to use it in their mods.
Otherwise, no, that would not be possible.

There is one on this site, but I am not sure how many polygons it has: Click

I've already seen it.
That would be a cool replacement for hunting mode (instead of current awful deers), but I don't think it would make a good mount.

When I first started playing, I was a fan of Elintor and so played them quite a bit.  Now, I'm a huge fan of Maccan.  The "Knights of Steel" are amazing, and Northguards are excellent (and plentiful) heavy infantry.  Complement these two units with Hired Knights or Household Guards, and start steamrolling.  :smile:

In majority of my games, Elintor gradually gets gobbled up by Hakkon and Tolrania.  Hakkon and Kaikoth also eat away at the Falcons, too.

Leonion said:
I've already seen it.
That would be a cool replacement for hunting mode (instead of current awful deers), but I don't think it would make a good mount.

The deer with horse animations are my favorite part of the mod hahaha

Just gonna throw this out here, but I absolutely LOVE the Cretasan troops. I don't know why but I love their Cretasan Wardens/Ironclads. I like the way they look. I think their armor looks distinct to distinguish them from other factions while still doing a pretty good job showing a slight resemblance to their Illica Falki origins. Plus the Wardens/Ironclads are tanky as hell! They stand up REALLY well against a lot of other units. If only they dealt blunt damage then they'd be even better. To whoever made the Cretas, thanks! I really REALLY like the way you made them and enjoy using them for my armies :grin: I can't wait for what you guys did to them in the next version of Persino~

EDIT: The Maccavians are a close second. Knights of Steel and Crossbow love <3

Back
Top Bottom