What is with these quests

Users who are viewing this thread

99evil1angel

Recruit
It seems every other quest I do is ridiculously hard. I was told by sargoth's guild master to go and fight deserters attacking travellers I looked around sargoth and asked a good 25 groups of peasants if they have seen anything and nothin. Am I supposed to just keep looking I have 45 days left on the quest so 15 days spent lookin

The easiest way I've found to do the "Track Down Bandits" quest is to first find the bandit lair, and then camp the lair spot until the desired bandit group eventually returns there.

To find the lair, watch the nearby bandits and see their current activity IE 'patrolling the highlands'. Once the activity changes to 'travelling' that means the bandits are heading towards the lair.

Thats all well and good but the problem is outside of sargoth the area is devoid of bandits. All there are is a ton of peseants and nord lords. I mean I thought i could find some but the closest ones are tundra bandits and sea raiders far in the vaegrier lands

What kind of bandits did the guild master tell you to find? It seems as though the bandits share one lair per type. I once received a quest from a Swadian lord near Suno for the Tundra/Taiga lair. I had to travel all the way to east of Khudan.

Ah, deserters. My apologies to you- I somehow failed to understand that fact though you stated it clearly in the first post.

I suppose for deserters my best bet would be to go hang out where that type of deserter usually hunts. I don't think that they have a lair.  :sad:

Deserters tend to wander randomly around whole country but often they hang in the middle between Swadia, Kergit Chanate and Saranids.

In any case they can be very far away from town where you got quest. Hang around one town a few days asking people, than move to another if nobody saw them. Best ones to ask are caravans as they tend to travel all around country. Just keep asking and sooner or later you will catch their track. Still it might take some time until you will finally catch them.

Yeah good luck finding the deserters. One time I took the quest, got frustrated, and used the Ctrl-T cheat. I still couldn't find the deserters for like 30 minutes! It turns out at the end, they were wandering aimlessly along the tundra in just about the most remote area you can be (no town or anything but bandits).

I got this quest from the guild master in Suno one time and finally tracked them down just east of Khudan. Once they spawn, they will run from other lord's armies just like regular deserters and can travel large distances. Don't forget to ask other lords as well as caravans and peasants. Good luck.

I usually skip those quests because completing one will prevent the guildmaster from giving you another quest again due to a bug.

Yeahs, some of these quests are rather annoying. I got the "Track down bandits" one, and the bandits turned out to be one single frigging horseman zooming around the map at 7.5 speed. Yeah, he'll be easy to catch.

I have failed 1 of those quests when someone else took out the deserter group.
I got the quest from Tihr and I had searched all over Nord, Swadian and Vaegir territories.
I spoke to all the lords I could and they pointed me all over the place.
The closest I got was a sighting 7 hours old, the worst was a sighting 21 days ago "...and if you hurry you might catch their trail while it is still hot."
I was selling stuff at Sargoth when I  got the message someone else had taken out the deserters.
I was royally annoyed  :evil:, as I had spent a big chunk of that night chasing them too.

I find these quests both interesting and challenging.
That's what this "tracking" skills are there for.

I always enjoy these quests, even when not been able to complete them, before joining a faction.
When you're at war with half the map, you can easily forget accepting them.
But when you're neutral to everybody, tracking and finally finding the group you're hunting makes you feel a great sense of achievement.

Completing that quest is quit rewarding, especially in experience. You can level your low level companions by completing single such quest. So it should be difficult to complete.

Still, if you do not have time, patience, pay attention to what quildmasters says. If he mentions deserters, stay clear. If he is after bandits, it is fairly easy, especially if you know where their hideout is. They return to the hideout every now and then.

You can also walk around the city and its nearby areas before you accept the quest and when you see a bandit/deserter party with imprisoned farmers head to the local guild master.
He might give you the quest to hunt down the bandits you just saw.

Back
Top Bottom