What is the point of trolling/insulting people in videogames?

Users who are viewing this thread

It was a joke post linking to manly men really liking each other. This upsets the moderators, so don't do it guys, unless you want to make the moderators question their preferences or you want to take a vacation.

giphy.gif

Well, after this "whisker moustache pulling" I guess things are all in order.
Good to see you back so quickly, sir ?.

This is really a banal question, but this thread is appropriate.

If you browse the Bannerlord forums and sometimes check people's posting histories, or search historical threads for some data, you notice over time that there are quite a few banned people, particularly in complainer threads. Like this very thread's OP!
The best example is an early MP thread where the MP class system was defended by TW (including the infamous meme quote "vast, I mean VAST number of players like this"). The majority of people talking there are veteran MP players with substantial and interesting posts. Some of them were apparently banned at some point, which I find hilarious, as bannable complainers usually just ***** and moan, but MP people are known to be offensive in every way.

So my banal question is: which thread contains most banned people (at present)?
I'm interested for the humor potential.

Last edited:
Technically probably true, but those are too on-topic and OLD. :smile:
The best recent candidate is MostBlunted's "final verdict" thread, where angst meets hilariousness. At least 5 people were banned, 2 during posting in the thread. There are also a few more posters with ban potential (not me!), but sadly most of the angry people moved on and left, instead of fighting the good fight and getting banned.
The new angry replacements are just not of the same caliber as the old ban-worthy veterans, and they give up too easily and leave. As if they have something better to do!

Back
Top Bottom