What is the longest in-game period you ever played?

Users who are viewing this thread

freeustand

Recruit
I'm currently at around day 1400. Because I dedicated so many efforts and time building my character and CKO, I don't feel like ever starting a new game again. I'm currently a vassal of Sarleon and all 5 factions still exist in my game. Because I just enjoy wandering around the entire map and doing whatever I want to do, maybe I will be playing my current playthrough much longer than I already did. So here are my questions:

1. How long (in terms of in-game period) have you ever played a single playthrough?
2. Are there any game mechanics/technical issues that make an extremely long playthrough not a recommended one?

1. I've finished PoP 3.9.3 in 1025 in-game days. That was my longest playthrough.
2. There is a hidden "luck" attribute that decreases over time. You can check its current value by selecting "retire from adventures" option from camp menu.

Once, when I was really pimping up my CKO, it took me around 1800 days. A lot of it was simply sitting around waiting for training to finish or unique spawn to pop up.

2. There is a hidden "luck" attribute that decreases over time. You can check its current value by selecting "retire from adventures" option from camp menu.
There's a tweak to remove that from the game if you are interested, follow the link in my signature :wink:

=============

I only ever went above 1000 days on a tweaked version of native Warband (my first actual complete playthrough), which I elongated on purpose to be able to test/check the stuff I added. In PoP, I never reached 1000 days, the victory conditions were met long before, and my CKO decked out (I always go for a super early CKO and start training them and buying gloves/boots/ammo right away). The average length for a playthrough is somewhere between 600 and 700 days for me. The longest was my first playthrough in PoP, taking 860 days iirc.

I'd add that there is a kinda expensive way to increase luck that gets cheaper as you get closer to winning the game. If you want to to know the spoiler:
The Elixir of Arkon sold by Finneas de Digit increases luck by 20, in addition to the normal stat and weapon proficiency benefits. The elixir costs a qualis gem, which are rare early but easy to farm when you can auto-calc a unique spawn battle with prisoner management skill of 10.

However, I think luck doesn't hurt you that much even if you ignore it, just causing some minor stat debuffs I think.

I'd add that there is a kinda expensive way to increase luck that gets cheaper as you get closer to winning the game. If you want to to know the spoiler:
The Elixir of Arkon sold by Finneas de Digit increases luck by 20, in addition to the normal stat and weapon proficiency benefits. The elixir costs a qualis gem, which are rare early but easy to farm when you can auto-calc a unique spawn battle with prisoner management skill of 10.

However, I think luck doesn't hurt you that much even if you ignore it, just causing some minor stat debuffs I think.

Can anyone expand on this "luck" in PoP. I have never heard of this. What does it do?

Can anyone expand on this "luck" in PoP. I have never heard of this. What does it do?
Info from Dalion, I just happened to translate and rewrite it a bit:
"M&B Warband has a concept of "player_luck" by default. When the game starts, the player is given 300 luck points, and every 200 in-game hours it decreases by one. When it falls below 100 (from day 1667 onwards), the player has a chance to lose a random attribute point each time when getting knocked unconscious. The chance for that to happen will be equal to the difference between 100 and your current luck (for example, if luck is 60, then the chance that an attribute will decrease is 100-60 = 40% when getting knocked out). In Prophesy of Pendor, buying Elixirs of Arkon from Finneas de Digit increases your luck by +30 upon the first 3 uses and by +15 afterwards."

Info from Dalion, I just happened to translate and rewrite it a bit:
"M&B Warband has a concept of "player_luck" by default. When the game starts, the player is given 300 luck points, and every 200 in-game hours it decreases by one. When it falls below 100 (from day 1667 onwards), the player has a chance to lose a random attribute point each time when getting knocked unconscious. The chance for that to happen will be equal to the difference between 100 and your current luck (for example, if luck is 60, then the chance that an attribute will decrease is 100-60 = 40% when getting knocked out). In Prophesy of Pendor, buying Elixirs of Arkon from Finneas de Digit increases your luck by +30 upon the first 3 uses and by +15 afterwards."

Thanks!

That actually doesn't effect play much. Typically, if you do get to day 1667, you are not getting knocked out much.

Thanks!

That actually doesn't effect play much. Typically, if you do get to day 1667, you are not getting knocked out much.
Agreed. Plus you would've drunk some Elixirs of Arkon in the meantime, so it's more realistic to talk about 2000+ days. And I haven't heard about a playthrough that long yet.

I may be wrong, but I think I checked this parameter ages ago and its impact in PoP is negligible.
Yes, impact of the luck in PoP is reduced:
- it is decreased every 200hr as opposite to 180hr in Native,
- can't be lower than 25 (0 in Native); roll 0-99 must be >= for luck to reduce stat.

Back
Top Bottom