What is the best PC to play?

Users who are viewing this thread

djogloc02

Sergeant Knight
Yea, also, I want to know if with that PC (I will buy this pc, I still don't have it) I can run warband with all grapichs in max, and what's the recommended battlesize to play with it.

Windows 7 Starter
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz
Ram memory: 2 GB
Grapich card: Maybe none, I will buy after buying a new PC

djogloc02 said:
Yea, also, I want to know if with that PC (I will buy this pc, I still don't have it) I can run warband with all grapichs in max, and what's the recommended battlesize to play with it.

Windows 7 Starter
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz
Ram memory: 2 GB
Grapich card: Maybe none, I will buy after buying a new PC

No graphic card isn't the best idea... whats the price of this PC?

djogloc02 said:
I will see, what's the best grapich card to run with 1000 battlesize with memory ram and this processor (preference Geforce)

Not to sure the exact graphic card best for something like this...

I use an AMD-FX 6100 Six Core Processor with 8GB RAM, and ATI Radeon HD 7850 Graphics Card on Windows 7 x64 bit.

And it works perfect. No lag at all. Before I upgraded, I had 2GB RAM with an AMD Processor (believe it was dual core), and ATI Radeon HD 4850 Graphics Card on Windows 7 x64 bit. That ran the game just as good.

Heh ....this went really out of topic, so I had to split it to a new one....and I consider it a really good issue to speak about.  :razz:

I hope Dellivis will find a minute of free time to say a word, cuz I know he is acknoleged on this matter! 
Also, everybody is invited to list his own PC specifics, so at the end we will have an idea of the average quality of the gaming machines that we all have! :wink:

Gab

I know enough to get into trouble Gab  :razz:

Basically for 1k battle size its more or less about RAM than your video card but truthfully most scenes can't handle a 500 v 500 battle(small battlefields/sieges) so toning it down to say 600-800 is always a good option. I would look into getting more ram for system so it can handle much heavier loads.

the 9000 series would handle Warband and mods with little to no issues (since Warband goes up to Direct X9 and the card can support Direct x10)

as for my specs

i7 930 quad core
AMD 5870HD Card
9 gigs ram

GABRILDURO said:
Heh ....this went really out of topic, so I had to split it to a new one....and I consider it a really good issue to speak about.  :razz:

I hope Dellivis will find a minute of free time to say a word, cuz I know he is acknoleged on this matter! 
Also, everybody is invited to list his own PC specifics, so at the end we will have an idea of the average quality of the gaming machines that we all have! :wink:

Gab

Thanks for creating the thread Gabby, I noticed it was kinda getting outa hand in the other thread as-well! :wink:

Dellivis said:
I know enough to get into trouble Gab  :razz:

Basically for 1k battle size its more or less about RAM than your video card but truthfully most scenes can't handle a 500 v 500 battle(small battlefields/sieges) so toning it down to say 600-800 is always a good option. I would look into getting more ram for system so it can handle much heavier loads.

the 9000 series would handle Warband and mods with little to no issues (since Warband goes up to Direct X9 and the card can support Direct x10)

as for my specs

i7 930 quad core
AMD 5870HD Card
9 gigs ram

Dellivis is right, its more about the RAM and processor.

I'd recommend having at least 4-8 gigs of ram. I believe 2 wouldn't cut 1K battles. Make sure though that you do have a good processor to "process" your game quickly. Quad-Core to Six-Core or if they have anything higher is recommended. Dual-Core is a meh... it may or may not work.

Gab, thanks for creating a new topic.

Ok, let's go:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 Ghz
RAM: 2GB or 4GB (I will see the price)
Grapich Card: Geforce 9000 GT

Can I run with directx 9, all grapichs on max with this and battlesize at least 500?

djogloc02 said:
Gab, thanks for creating a new topic.

Ok, let's go:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 Ghz
RAM: 2GB or 4GB (I will see the price)

Can I run with directx 9, all grapichs on max with this and battlesize at least 500?

the only problem I see is at the moment is your current operating system. on a hunch I decided to see if windows starter could support more than 2gb of ram. Answer is no

Source : Physical memory Limits for windows 7

With windows 7 using 1 gig on your system that only leaves 1 gig of ram for your game. Should be fine to run a 500 man battle 250 vs 250 (not sure though as I've always had a large amount of ram to work with).

should be ok for the troop size just don't overdo it. if its killing your system (after the spawning phase/beginning of battle) then I would lower it till you find a good balance between the two. once you upgrade your system  it shouldn't be an issue.

Ok depending of the price I will buy a PC with this:

Windows 7 professional or even Ultimate
Processor Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz
RAM: 4 GB

djogloc02 said:
Ok depending of the price I will buy a PC with this:

Windows 7 professional or even Ultimate
Processor Intel Core 2 Duo 2.0 GHz
RAM: 4 GB

if you have an opportunity to purchase a system with at least a quad core processor I would suggest that for longevity reasons. Even with windows 7 home premium you could get more ram...which will blow anything out of the water out now(heck my 9 gigs of ram still smokes newer games. Just need to update my video card...someday)

depends on what you wish to spend. if you have enough $$ to put together to get a really nice system go for it. in the long run a pc that lasts 7+ years with minor upgrades vs buying every few years to upgrade you will save money. I think my old system ran somewhere around $5-7 a month for the 7-8 years I used it heavily. Do your research and find a good system that fits your budget. I can't really tell you whats best for you as I have no clue how financially set you and you might find a great deal that's hard to pass up  :grin:

Hey!
...since a full new Topic was opened in ur honor, we are interested now in ur new PC specs!  :eek:

And I would like to know the individual specs of other players, as well  :wink:

Gab

I just discovered  the best Windows to play with this mod!!! 

mace_windows_by_giulianobotter-d5yjo4u.jpg

Mace_Jedi_Windows.jpg

Back
Top Bottom