What is the actual reason we can't get server files?

Users who are viewing this thread

I thought we still had very limited mod tools. A video i saw from the starwars modders recently said that they can only really work on maps/models but not actually change code (work on animations and other stuff) any more than before the tools were released. This gives me the impression that sp and mp mod teams are in a similar boat only being able to work on limited cosmetics besides that mp mods cant even be released in a partially completed state like the sp ones we are slowly getting now
This is odd because Kingdom of Arda have confirmed they have everything they need except custom servers for MP.

Saying they don't care is a little unfair; I'm sure they would love bannerlord to be a MP success. More likely it's just not their priority right now; everyone is hands on deck working on SP right now and to be fair I don't blame them. Get the core game working first - then worry about MP.

Sure it sucks; sure it would be nice to see some movement on MP beyond small balancing changes. But Bannerlord will live or die on the quality of the SP campaign; not MP. That's just is as it is.
I don't think there is really an appreciable difference between TW not caring about MP and them viewing MP as low priority, at least not in the outcome, which is MP becoming stagnate, not improving and dying. I'm also not sure how it's productive to come into the MP forum section and try to reason that MP being neglected is okay or reasonable because SP is more popular. That won't do anything to quell MP fans' frustration and is reminiscent of the arguments you occasionally see by toxic SP fans that say MP should have been entirely removed in Bannerlord to focus on SP.

Ultimately, isn't asking for server files already accepting that TW isn't prioritizing MP, so the community is simply asking for the ability to do it themselves? We already know getting community servers up and running is possible since it's been done before TW shut it down, so is this not the best solution for everyone? TW could focus on getting server files out, maintain their low effort and resources for MP while prioritizing SP, and MP fans could begin working on and playing something they actually enjoy.

Saying they don't care is a little unfair; I'm sure they would love bannerlord to be a MP success. More likely it's just not their priority right now; everyone is hands on deck working on SP right now and to be fair I don't blame them. Get the core game working first - then worry about MP.
If they have such a limited MP staff they should just release the server code and let the modding community start tinkering with it, I would bet every dollar that i have they could get it running in no time flat.

I came to see if TW responded to that thread but nothing was posted.I hope they take their time to post something.I am really curious as well why is the server delay taking place.

Multiplayer has the potential to be a massive cashcow for Taleworld if they handle it right. Right now its a massive missed oppertunity, considering just how die hard fans alot of people are for this franchise.

We know that custom servers are a key issue for many of you and we want to be clear that we are working towards making them available in due course but, unfortunately, we still have some way to go before we are ready to share those files. This is for a couple of reasons:
  • A number of changes are being implemented on the backend to accommodate planned updates to multiplayer, including Duel mode, Ranked matchmaking, Observer mode, Voice chat, further customisation options, and more. Ultimately, due to the frequency at which we make updates, dedicating time and resources to maintaining public files while providing support to players and server hosts would affect our ability to finish these updates in a timely manner.
  • Hosting our own servers (for the time being) allows us to collect a lot of useful data that is used to help us improve server performance and fix any crashes or other issues.

We know that custom servers are a key issue for many of you and we want to be clear that we are working towards making them available in due course but, unfortunately, we still have some way to go before we are ready to share those files. This is for a couple of reasons:
  • A number of changes are being implemented on the backend to accommodate planned updates to multiplayer, including Duel mode, Ranked matchmaking, Observer mode, Voice chat, further customisation options, and more. Ultimately, due to the frequency at which we make updates, dedicating time and resources to maintaining public files while providing support to players and server hosts would affect our ability to finish these updates in a timely manner.
  • Hosting our own servers (for the time being) allows us to collect a lot of useful data that is used to help us improve server performance and fix any crashes or other issues.
Why not just offer a simple way of hosting locally? Without server files like warband had. I am sure this already goes a far way for simply the modding community

This just makes me happy knowing that there are reasons. It's so good to have a community manager tell us something rather than go on rumours and speculation. Thank you Dejan, and feel free to let us know why other things aren't being fixed. We can be very understanding of the difficulties of getting to a finished project, but if we never hear anything most of us assume it's because TW just doesn't give a damn.

Back
Top Bottom