What is needed so that instead of verbal commands to the troops there is the sound of a horn?

Users who are viewing this thread

Not as a replacement it should flow like this:

Verbal Command > Horn Sound > Troops Execute Movement

That would be the realistic approach, even better is that you would have someone equipped with a horn in the group that is getting the command.

verbal command are great in captain battles, i know what are my team members are doing when i hear their character shouting orders to their troops

That would be the realistic approach, even better is that you would have someone equipped with a horn in the group that is getting the command.
That sounds like a better idea than just horn sound....

Exactly!

Verbal Command > *Faction Sound > Troops Execute Movement

(*) F.e.

Empire-> Roman Cornu
Battania-> Carnyx
Vlandia-> War Horn
Aserai-> Būq al-nafīr
Khuzait-> Guangu Drum
Sturgia-> Olifant

I wonder if @Kabraxis has worked with this material :fruity:

Last edited:
Exactly, faction sound is what I meant when I typed that not necessarily just a horn as each culture would have different instruments/trappings of war.

I want an equipable horn that I can blow, like in Viking Conquest. Nothing more epic.
giphy.gif

Exactly!

Verbal Command > *Faction Sound > Troops Execute Movement

(*) F.e.

Empire-> Roman Cornu
Battania-> Carnyx
Vlandia-> War Horn
Aserai-> Būq al-nafīr
Khuzait-> Guangu Drum
Sturgia-> Olifant

I wonder if @Kabraxis has worked with this material :fruity:
Sorry, I wrote some nonsense in the last message, because of my poor English, the message turned into gibberish.

I wanted to say that you tried very hard to find the material, you even found the Old Slavic horn and other options.

These materials should be sent to the sound engineer in Taleworlds! :iamamoron:

Sorry, I wrote some nonsense in the last message, because of my poor English, the message turned into gibberish.

I wanted to say that you tried very hard to find the material, you even found the Old Slavic horn and other options.

These materials should be sent to the sound engineer in Taleworlds! :iamamoron:

Nah, I just knew what to look for :lol: ; I mean... the sounds that play well in my head and that somehow fit the thematic are the ones I basically commented about. Obviously there are always alternatives, perhaps there is an instrument I ignore that fits better than those I proposed.

Apart from the choice of instrument, I think that the idea we are dealing with here is what is important. A verbal order as an action and a sound as a reaction; personally I find it very interesting and of course I would love something similar applied to the game.

This, together with the discussion in this thread, could complement the playable experience in the battles.

---
Kabraxis is the sound engineer :wink:

Last edited:
Nah, I just knew what to look for :lol: ; I mean... the sounds that play well in my head and that somehow fit the thematic are the ones I basically commented about. Obviously there are always alternatives, perhaps there is an instrument I ignore that fits better than those I proposed.

Apart from the choice of instrument, I think that the idea we are dealing with here is what is important. A verbal order as an action and a sound as a reaction; personally I find it very interesting and of course I would love something similar applied to the game.

This, together with the discussion in this thread, could complement the playable experience in the battles.

---
Kabraxis is the sound engineer :wink:
A small offtop with regards to details, I must pay tribute to TW-for example, I was surprised a lot when I learned that when archers aim with a bow, they close one eye for more accurate aiming. So it's a good start.

I don't even remember which AAA game has this.

And also that the hands tremble when pulling the bowstring over time.

1ubDsgfPflo.jpg
wInPQxZybxY.jpg

I think they will also work with the sound, I hope, but how soon it will be....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom