What is included? Modules?

Users who are viewing this thread

themendios

Veteran
I ask because Warband included essentially M&B vanilla.  Does this come with Calradia or is it its own thing completely?

Finally, is it still moddable, and if so how large are the changes we are looking at in regards to basic engine concepts that the modulesystem uses?

If this was a successor to WB completely then I get it but it looks like a minor improvement to the engine (no offense, not much to go on) with an entirely new world.  I'm sure a lot of people would like to get it but not have to go to an old app to play Calradia.

Just trying to feel out which direction I should head towards.  I don't think I've ever been in a situation where I had to keep 2 executables separate for essentially the same game so if Calradia isn't included that might be a new pet project :wink:
 
Think Empire Total War and Napoleon Total War.

It seems perfectly normal to me.

This game won't include Warband, it will be its own thing. I don't know of the modding capabilities but since the engine is basically the same, it doesn't really matter.
 

Caba`drin

Count
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
themendios said:
Finally, is it still moddable
JabdiMelborn said:
...Interesting questions answered by Mikail Yazbeck on "GamersDailyNews.com":...

GDN User: "M&B: wFaS" will be moddable ? and mods from "Warband" will be compatible with wFaS ??

Yazzy: Yes definitely moddable! Some Warband mods will work immediately with WFaS others will require some adjustment by the authors in order to work properly.


N.B.:...you can find GDN article here, the answers are at the bottom of the page:...
http://www.gamersdailynews.com/article-2841-Mount-and-Blade-With-Fire-and-Sword-Interview--Part-2--Wagon-forts-Urban-Management-and-Cattle.html
 

McPsalms

Regular
WBNW
captain lust said:
Caba`drin said:
captain lust said:
Think Empire Total War and Napoleon Total War.
...and how they went over like a led zeppelin?
You're right, they sucked.

OK then, think... for yourself.

This might be a little off-topic but... did they really suck? I'm getting a better computer soon and I was planning on getting Empire after that. (Empire's not the reason I'm getting the computer though lol)
 

Sushiman70

Marquis
WBM&BWF&SVC
They're both good games, but if you like to whine a lot about nothing, you probably want to steer clear of Napoleon.
 

Ceriy

Knight at Arms
M&BWBWF&SVC
themendios said:
I ask because Warband included essentially M&B vanilla.  Does this come with Calradia or is it its own thing completely?

Finally, is it still moddable, and if so how large are the changes we are looking at in regards to basic engine concepts that the modulesystem uses?

If this was a successor to WB completely then I get it but it looks like a minor improvement to the engine (no offense, not much to go on) with an entirely new world.  I'm sure a lot of people would like to get it but not have to go to an old app to play Calradia.

Just trying to feel out which direction I should head towards.  I don't think I've ever been in a situation where I had to keep 2 executables separate for essentially the same game so if Calradia isn't included that might be a new pet project :wink:
It doesn't include Calradia.
 

themendios

Veteran

Hmm looked relevant but zero detail there.  Will Talesworld provide a summary of the engine upgrades since they were the ones that did that part?
 

Caba`drin

Count
M&BWBWF&SNWVC
One can only hope, themendios.
But, from reading pretty much every review, and hearing Ceriy talk about the Eastern-European released version, I don't know that they've made a single engine upgrade, other than the bugfixes than can be tracked on the BugTracker. From my reading, every change to the gameplay that has been expressed can be accomplished through the module system (save perhaps the Captain feature). I would love to be wrong, of course.
 

Archonsod

An old salt from the mainland
Marquis
M&BWBWF&S
Caba`drin said:
...and how they went over like a led zeppelin?
Depends on what you consider success, sales figures or making the TWC muppets happy.
McPsalms said:
This might be a little off-topic but... did they really suck? I'm getting a better computer soon and I was planning on getting Empire after that. (Empire's not the reason I'm getting the computer though lol)
Nope. Depends on what you're looking for though, Empire's campaign is enormous with three theatres to contend with. Napoleon however has a much improved battle engine, but the campaigns are smaller. Empire has a larger multiplayer base though, if you're into that.

themendios said:
I ask because Warband included essentially M&B vanilla.  Does this come with Calradia or is it its own thing completely?
Be it's own thing completely. Although I suspect you could probably get the native module from Warband working without much work, unless of course you wanted to retain some of the new features.
 

MadocComadrin

Water-Borne Annelid
Count
M&BWBWF&S
McPsalms said:
This might be a little off-topic but... did they really suck? I'm getting a better computer soon and I was planning on getting Empire after that. (Empire's not the reason I'm getting the computer though lol)
They were a let-down compared to Medieval 2 however.
 

Archonsod

An old salt from the mainland
Marquis
M&BWBWF&S
Given Medieval 2 was utter ****e, that would have been a rather difficult thing to achieve.
 

SunofVich

Veteran
WBWF&S
Alex44  :D said:
Caba`drin said:
captain lust said:
Think Empire Total War and Napoleon Total War.
...and how they went over like a led zeppelin?
I know so many people who love those games and still play them regularly.

I have like 300 hours into Empire.  Its the most played game on my Steam account followed by Napoleon and Warband.
 

Ceriy

Knight at Arms
M&BWBWF&SVC
Archonsod said:
Be it's own thing completely. Although I suspect you could probably get the native module from Warband working without much work, unless of course you wanted to retain some of the new features.
You can play warband, but it's not the same land textures look weird with wb. You can't connect to any multiplayer servers.

 

Archonsod

An old salt from the mainland
Marquis
M&BWBWF&S
A multiplayer server would likely see it as a mod.

Like I said, shouldn't take an awful lot to add it as an actual mod with a little tweaking (the textures for example, just grab the WB textures and use those; should fix it). Might even look into it myself once it's out, assuming the devs don't have a problem with it.
 
Top Bottom