what is causing server crashes?

Users who are viewing this thread

It’s hard to say when all we get are canned responses every few weeks at best. A lot of past patch notes have mentioned fixing crashes and performance issues, and yet both are worse than ever. Leads me to believe the issue is rooted deeper than they thought.

Anyone who has ever worked in a dev shop probably know what has happened. It's legacy code with crappy documentation and they most likely have new devs that don't know what the hell is going on (can't understand the code) combined with the prioritization of SP sprinkled in with underpaid, overworked conditions.

Edit: Likely have to include some incompetence with negligence as well

Last edited:
1.8 is supposed to fix captain and skirmish, along with server crashes and performance issues. We'll see if it actually fixes anything but my fingers are crossed.

Anyone who has ever worked in a dev shop probably know what has happened. It's legacy code with crappy documentation and they most likely have new devs that don't know what the hell is going on (can't understand the code) combined with the prioritization of SP sprinkled in with underpaid, overworked conditions.

Edit: Likely have to include some incompetence with negligence as well
Any source on that? I am curious about talewords working conditions :grin:.

Any source on that? I am curious about talewords working conditions :grin:.
You can filter out the fake reviews pretty easy and skip right through where they mention no “veteran devs” that is code for high turnover rate and no one really understanding the legacy code. It also discusses disorganization of projects and scheduling (timelines), devs not being paid industry standard, and all sorts of dysfunctionality from management. This is nothing new in below-average small dev shops, which TaleWorld is. https://www.glassdoor.com/Reviews/TaleWorlds-Reviews-E443487.htm

Edit: BTW, officially this will never be admitted, why would they?

Last edited:
A quick screenshot from one of the reviews from 2019. This one's from a former employee of TW, who apparently has worked more than 5 years with the company. It is no surprise to me that this most likely still persists to be an issue within the company where being treated as a decent human being is seen a luxury, thus no veteran devs who are worth their salt remain.

unknown.png

Back
Top Bottom