What is annoying in Bannerlord in july 2022?

Users who are viewing this thread

I rework all heroes with CharacterManager when I start a game ! Crazy, not sure it is efficient, and extremely long.
Why do battanians have crossbow skills and why do vlandians have more bow skill than crossbow skills…they need me as design / lore / skills director lol

I used to correct my companions with Character Manager, I called this process "undumbing". I must say, situation improved a lot since these times, but companions still have a lot of wasted focus points and have unreasonably high starting level because of this.

I used to correct my companions with Character Manager, I called this process "undumbing". I must say, situation improved a lot since these times, but companions still have a lot of wasted focus points and have unreasonably high starting level because of this.
At least, with 1.8.0. companions which are assigned as governors actually stay in the town they manage…
Agreed with your expression « undumbing »

At least, with 1.8.0. companions which are assigned as governors actually stay in the town they manage…
4ie9dy.jpg

But yea, we need to be thankful that even those small stuff gets fixed after a long time, thank you TW!

But yea, we need to be thankful that even those small stuff gets fixed after a long time, thank you
A little more efforts TW :
- add diplomacy/regarding traits from lords (behaviour of lords)
- real party management
Will be a big step for players community 😉

A little more efforts TW :
- add diplomacy/regarding traits from lords (behaviour of lords)
- real party management
Will be a big step for players community 😉
I want traits for lord and behaviours to work so bad. It really bugs me. Npc's are all so boring at the moment . I can have what ever army and own numbers of cities but if the characters are boring it can't get excited at all.

Aside from the kingdom bugs and the things already mentioned they have never addressed from day one how punishing the game is when you lose a battle or a siege. I know save scumming will always exist but you would never be able to complete this game without save scumming. You always want to feel like you're moving forward in the game and losing a battle feels like you're going backwards. It doesn't have to be hyper realistic, I know rewarding the player for losing seems illogical but its a game and the more you save scum the more boring Bannerlord becomes as you repeat the same actions again and again. Just a few suggestions for what can happen after a loss:

1) Options to negotiate your release, potential offers to join other kingdoms if you're captured by someone who is merciful or the option to just release you for nothing if you have good charm or relations with your captor.
2) Ability to form an escape, this could be in the form of a quest.
3) Don't lose all your companions and family
4) Roguery could influence whether you will definitely be captured or whether you can escape the battle without capture (perhaps with some of your wounded troops)
5) Some bonuses to playing ironman mode, steam achievements or multiplayer rewards or even ingame bonuses like starting with more SP.

Getting captured/losing should provide you with ways to gain lots of SP and potentially new opportunities and rewards so that I actually WANT to play it out or at least don't hate playing it out.

Aside from the kingdom bugs and the things already mentioned they have never addressed from day one how punishing the game is when you lose a battle or a siege. I know save scumming will always exist but you would never be able to complete this game without save scumming. You always want to feel like you're moving forward in the game and losing a battle feels like you're going backwards. It doesn't have to be hyper realistic, I know rewarding the player for losing seems illogical but its a game and the more you save scum the more boring Bannerlord becomes as you repeat the same actions again and again. Just a few suggestions for what can happen after a loss:

1) Options to negotiate your release, potential offers to join other kingdoms if you're captured by someone who is merciful or the option to just release you for nothing if you have good charm or relations with your captor.
2) Ability to form an escape, this could be in the form of a quest.
3) Don't lose all your companions and family
4) Roguery could influence whether you will definitely be captured or whether you can escape the battle without capture (perhaps with some of your wounded troops)
5) Some bonuses to playing ironman mode, steam achievements or multiplayer rewards or even ingame bonuses like starting with more SP.

Getting captured/losing should provide you with ways to gain lots of SP and potentially new opportunities and rewards so that I actually WANT to play it out or at least don't hate playing it out.
Good suggestions!

Good suggestion which would go a huge way to making it less painful to lose a battle.

I would also say that you should be able to surrender *before* a battle if you wind up in a situation you know you're not going to win, and not get punished just as much if you had lost completely - I made a suggestion for it: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...urrender-have-a-purpose-simple-system.449173/
These also would be good. I think TW does want to do achievements eventually, since they had an achievement up for completing the main quest.

Aside from the kingdom bugs and the things already mentioned they have never addressed from day one how punishing the game is when you lose a battle or a siege. I know save scumming will always exist but you would never be able to complete this game without save scumming.
You can, but this also leads to the game to be even more tedious than it is with save scumming.

What is annoying in Bannerlord in june 2022 ?

- a large map and not enough activities,
- a non-existent "lore",
- bandits hide-out are "all the same",
- no points of interest, surprising points, on the map,
- shaky diplomacy, impossible alliances,
- a "campaign" mode with a boring quest, we thought it would be the heart of the game, but it's just a pretext...
- too much movement on the map with "nothing to do".

Sometimes I wonder what is the point of playing with the map since the main activity is to do battles. Might as well play the battles without the map. We just do that at home. I do not hide a great general disappointment concerning the "solo" mode. We don't play "multiplayer", we don't like it.

We still hope to see a major update coming with many new activities on the map, better implemented diplomacy, more varied relationships with NPCs and a real "lore" giving meaning to the campaign.

Sometimes I wonder what is the point of playing with the map since the main activity is to do battles. Might as well play the battles without the map.
To make it more attractive and to hide the shallowness of the game to newer players (players with less than 20 hours). But yea, the game as it is would totally work without the campaign map. Just with text menus and "decisions" you can make in menus that leads to a battle.

Maybe it would be even better because you can just focus on the battles, as I think of it, you really waste a lot of game time on the campaign map just running from a to b to c. Removing this really won´t take that much away from the game in it´s actual state.

EDIT:

But then of course a lot of mods won´t be possible that will actually make Bannerlord a good game.

To make it more attractive and to hide the shallowness of the game to newer players (players with less than 20 hours). But yea, the game as it is would totally work without the campaign map. Just with text menus and "decisions" you can make in menus that leads to a battle.

Maybe it would be even better because you can just focus on the battles, as I think of it, you really waste a lot of game time on the campaign map just running from a to b to c. Removing this really won´t take that much away from the game in it´s actual state.

EDIT:

But then of course a lot of mods won´t be possible that will actually make Bannerlord a good game.
I'm not a fanatic of repeated battles, I would like playing with the map to bring real surprises in terms of gameplay: unexpected events, surprising NPC, refuge of diversified bandits, deeper quests... But I think I dream...

I'm not a fanatic of repeated battles, I would like playing with the map to bring real surprises in terms of gameplay: unexpected events, surprising NPC, refuge of diversified bandits, deeper quests... But I think I dream...
I its the npc's that will make the world interesting . Only if TW can make the npc's interesting. I am the same i am not a fan of repeated battles even if the map changes. the world map should have random events and some of them matter plus some deeper quest. Your reputation should matter more with npc's but it doesn't matter that much apart from it may cost more gold if they don't like you (boring).

) Options to negotiate your release, potential offers to join other kingdoms if you're captured by someone who is merciful or the option to just release you for nothing if you have good charm or relations with your captor.
Indeed. Loosing a battle means rebuilding your army -> when you have finished rebuilding, war is finished ! 😉
Have to rebuy all horses (for speed bonus for foot troops) which can be long enough since even towns known as selling horses in large amounts do not always have the stock once the game is advanced in time.
So loosing - as you suggest it - should open another « way » of the game rather than what it currently is. Very nice suggestion. Plus it involves diplomacy relations that, currently, except numbers are largely put aside from the game (no link between game events and level of relationship with NPCs).
👍

Back
Top Bottom