What is annoying in Bannerlord in july 2022?

Users who are viewing this thread

Charly30

Recruit
I create this thread to list annoying things in Bannerlord, I didn't find anything talking about it.
I've played with e1.7.2 and now 1.8.0.

So I start, I hope that a lot of players will relate annoying/ununderstandable things.

-When you ask troups to follow you : they break their formation and come all arround you like a magnet, same during the looters (bandits) missions.
They sould stay maybe 2m behind you, keeping their formation ;

-You're in the top 3 of the strongest factions an allies (friends too) who you gave towns and castles leave you to join a weak one : why??

* not knowing where people are or being able to send a messenger to them
* Clan members and companions take a stupidly long time to train skills
* If RNG makes you fail sneaking into a town, you don't get the chance to fight your way out like in Warband, the game just instantly throws you in the dungeon
* You can absolutely thrash an enemy in war, take all their fiefs, have all their lords prisoner, kill thousands of their troops, but they will still demand you pay them tribute, and despite having no income they will attack you forever with armies and mercenaries they don't have to pay for
* losing random high tier units in autoresolve who never would have died in the real battle
* My fief sitting at extremely low loyalty and thus construction projects stalled at "completion date: NEVER", despite me having the correct governor culture, completing quests for notables frequently and killing all bandits in the vicinity, having a good size garrison, and pumping thousands of Denars into construction
* Voting being worthless because lords usually all vote the same way and you can't change it even if you have a billion influence
* Vassals spamming votes that you already said no to, burning your ruler influence
* Having to set up an entire siege camp and do the whole siege battle because the 1 man garrison won't just surrender to your huge army
* Siege camps taking ages to set up even when you have like 200 engineering skill, and you have to do 100 sieges to win the game
* Grinding 900 renown to Clan Rank 4 when you get like 1-4 renown per battle won or quest done
* Having 100 relation with a lord barely makes them more likely to join you, and won't make them let you go free from a battle if you surrender
* Losing relation with 70 different nobles internationally when you kill 1 guy
* Buying the best suit of armour in the game but still dying in like 5 arrows
* Hearing the same 2 songs a hundred times in sieges, and the same 1 song a billion times in bandit hideouts, tournaments, and looter fights

I've learnt to live with pretty much every stupity the game throws at me apart of these 2 things:
Parties starving when they're called to an army instead of buying food on the way.
My allies decide to declare war to another faction while we're having one or multiple wars already.

You're in the top 3 of the strongest factions an allies (friends too) who you gave towns and castles leave you to join a weak one : why??
This is the big :poop: 🛌 of 1.8, I can put up with all the other hmmmmm stuff and few crashes, but vassals leaving like this is not okay. I know that it's a bug and hopefully it will get hotfixed soon, but it's existence at all, as part of the system is worrying. There should not be any Lol-so-RANDOM chance of daily defection at all (at least for the player faction). It should be because of a significant and transparent reasons ONLY. You make this clan mad over and over until you run out of relation, they lose their fief and you never give them another and so on. If TW has to lol-balance the AI by giving them defection rates just by daily % I guess that's whatever but it has no place in the player's faction. If I knew how to just turn it off I would, nobody defecting anywhere is better then this.
not knowing where people are or being able to send a messenger to them
Somebody told me a thing I never knew before, if you go into a fief the encyclopedia updates and you can get a new location for someone. I played 4k+ hours never knew it did that. But yeah I agree it's lame tracking anyone down still.
You can absolutely thrash an enemy in war, take all their fiefs, have all their lords prisoner, kill thousands of their troops, but they will still demand you pay them tribute, and despite having no income they will attack you forever with armies and mercenaries they don't have to pay for
Yeah they need to pull the plug on faction hidden fund and cheats, just: no fief ? No money? NO MORE PARTY SPAWNS = looter jail forever unless they join another (including yours) faction.
losing random high tier units in autoresolve who never would have died in the real battle
Yeah, it's a waste..... but then gain I see in live battle "t6 troops killed by recruit"..... so.....
My fief sitting at extremely low loyalty and thus construction projects stalled at "completion date: NEVER", despite me having the correct governor culture, completing quests for notables frequently and killing all bandits in the vicinity, having a good size garrison, and pumping thousands of Denars into construction
Yeah again it's just annoying for the sake of slowing down AI expansion via a few rebellions. So much stuff is just ruined for the sake of trying to sandbag the AI expansions.
Voting being worthless because lords usually all vote the same way and you can't change it even if you have a billion influence
* Vassals spamming votes that you already said no to, burning your ruler influence
Yep agreed. It's just an annoying pop up with no gameplay. People who don't pay attention say it's immersive but it's not, the AI doesn't know ANYTHING it just rolls numbers everyday. There's no value at all in this system. It's just like a place holder concept that never bothered to have any utility put in. Oh wow I can vote for which of three clan I didn't pick get a fief? Oh can I was influence to cancel proposal the AI randomly rolled?
Hearing the same 2 songs a hundred times in sieges, and the same 1 song a billion times in bandit hideouts, tournaments, and looter fights
For over a year I played with game muted. Only because of streaming it lately have I turned it back on because I guess... it's just unreasonable to not have the game sound on. Some of the music is really good..... but I've hear it enough. I bet there's a way to stream it and not have to hear it myself though hmmmm
Parties starving when they're called to an army instead of buying food on the way.
Yep
My allies decide to declare war to another faction while we're having one or multiple wars already.
Yep, they declare war then don't do anything, they ask for peace and then ask for another war. I can't believe some people will try to defend this and say warband's system wasn't better.

I also really hate that TW hasn't changed female clan members to be the same as males yet, so you daughters and nieces can bring a spouse into the clan and have children I hate having to re-roll for boys. It shouldn't be like this!

* If RNG makes you fail sneaking into a town, you don't get the chance to fight your way out like in Warband, the game just instantly throws you in the dungeon
* You can absolutely thrash an enemy in war, take all their fiefs, have all their lords prisoner, kill thousands of their troops, but they will still demand you pay them tribute, and despite having no income they will attack you forever with armies and mercenaries they don't have to pay for
* losing random high tier units in autoresolve who never would have died in the real battle
* My fief sitting at extremely low loyalty and thus construction projects stalled at "completion date: NEVER", despite me having the correct governor culture, completing quests for notables frequently and killing all bandits in the vicinity, having a good size garrison, and pumping thousands of Denars into construction
* Voting being worthless because lords usually all vote the same way and you can't change it even if you have a billion influence
* Having to set up an entire siege camp and do the whole siege battle because the 1 man garrison won't just surrender to your huge army
* Siege camps taking ages to set up even when you have like 200 engineering skill, and you have to do 100 sieges to win the game
* Grinding 900 renown to Clan Rank 4 when you get like 1-4 renown per battle won or quest done
* Having 100 relation with a lord barely makes them more likely to join you, and won't make them let you go free from a battle if you surrender
* Hearing the same 2 songs a hundred times in sieges, and the same 1 song a billion times in bandit hideouts, tournaments, and looter fights
Amen brother

+1
Out here nailin it

Yeah, I do agree with you on almost 100% of the stuffs you describe, many things are really annoying and unfair erf...
For now I don't mind the repetitive musics but it'd be nice that there was one style per faction for siege, tournaments and bandit hideouts ; but obviously nothing is free, maybe it's too expensive I don't know....

Anyhow, the game is still in EA, let's hope that TW is listening his players.

I add something else,
It's veeery frustrating to can't say who the troops must attack : "charge" "kill them all" is definetly not enough, I want to say my cavalery "charge the archers" per ex.

Last edited:
I would add
- Outside of walls, town upgrades feel meaningless
- Starting skill levels are too low, you could have maxed one handed yet still have a lower one handed skill than some tier 3 archers
- starting gear doesn't match your skills
- Bows still are too strong
- loyalty is too easy to loose and too hard to gain
- town quests kill your prosperity, but since you're constantly at war you got some other things to do
- relationships still are meaningless
- No other way than battles to win over the enemy
- the lack of unified UI
- Trading in general

The joys of late game BL.

Braindead strategic AI.
Braindead tactic AI
Broken defensive sieges
Awful companion templates and leveling

Conspiracy Quests! Sooo annoying!

Allies AI too, damn!
I crossed the world from the top north to the top south (conspiracy quest...) then came back : my allies 1000+ army didn't attack the last castle of the faction I was at war with... just few seconds for them to go.... VERY annoying.

Anyhow, the game is still in EA, let's hope that TW is listening his players.

NCZwaWQ9QXBp

lol yes.
But Bannerlord is really a good game, I just watched a let's play from 2 years ago and there's a huge improvement, TW is doing a good work even if everything is not perfect (for now?).
but still, some stuffs are still really annoying yeah...

And thanks : today I learn a new english saying :grin:

- *Kingdoms can't be destroyed*, this should be simple to make, after half year/one year, the kingdom should be destroyed.
The leader faction is hiring mercenaries and act like thugs, not very noble and are a real plague.

- *Few orders for companion parties*, we need more orders like patrolling around set city or castle, especially to deal with the problem above.

- *Few executions*, Lords and Ladys should be able to execute other Lords and Ladys (Rebels dont count), but only under certain circumstances. I tried the execution mod and thats probably too much execution.

- *AI decisions*, I find with 1.8 the Ai already got better, but there is still way for improvement.
Armies still act often not smart and misses chances or ruins them. Breaking a siege to help somewhere far away, even if this castle garrison was just 50 people.

- *Children bug*, most if not all childrens are clones and this is still not fixed since years.

- *The character editor*, is in dire need for more love/options, many look the same without being siblings.

I do not want whine too much, 1.8 is a great update and good step in the right direction, but honestly the children bug is killing the game for me always.
At the time when my first character dies and I move on to the next generation the world is filled with lots of clones, and thats very immersion breaking and not really fun.

lol yes.
But Bannerlord is really a good game, I just watched a let's play from 2 years ago and there's a huge improvement, TW is doing a good work even if everything is not perfect (for now?).
but still, some stuffs are still really annoying yeah...

And thanks : today I learn a new english saying :grin:

Really good? Mmmm I'd say parts of the tactical and siege battles are but mostly because I've not played any game that has nailed horseback fighting as well as Bannerlords. I have to emphasize parts because unit decisions could be significantly improved, such as unit cohesion and orders.

Units should want to stick together and higher tier units ought to have better cohesion. Unfortunately, this doesn't happen. Horse archers should also try their best to maintain distance as long as they have arrows. Unfortunately, this no longer happens. 1.0 was much better as I remember being impressed by how "smart" horse archers were. 1.8, you'll see horse archers shooting at point blank range.

Huge improvement is a stretch. There's been some improvement in some areas (and downgrades in other areas) but overall game play hasn't changed.

What new options do you have in 1.8 that you didn't in 1.0?

- *Kingdoms can't be destroyed*, this should be simple to make, after half year/one year, the kingdom should be destroyed.
The leader faction is hiring mercenaries and act like thugs, not very noble and are a real plague.
Once they have no Cities of castles they should automatically look to another faction to join or have there chance of death in battle vastly increased. Or maybe once they put in a dungeon they stay there.
- *Few orders for companion parties*, we need more orders like patrolling around set city or castle, especially to deal with the problem above.
I totally agree we need a patrol option . Could go look this select patrol then select area simple . Come on TW.
- *Few executions*, Lords and Ladys should be able to execute other Lords and Ladys (Rebels dont count), but only under certain circumstances. I tried the execution mod and thats probably too much execution.
Once a lord/lady is captured executions could be put to a vote . like voting for war this could be a faction trial, so you best hope they like you and you have a good relationship. This way if executed the negative impact could be faction wide or maybe only on the characters that voted. Also we could get a cool cutscene of a trial public law driven execution. instead of the player having god mode. At the moment in my campaign there is no one in calradia executed more people than my character and the right people are still in great relations with me and my enemies just let me go when they beat me in battle. ( i had to the Empire had united and my faction was losing and now were not) .
- *AI decisions*, I find with 1.8 the Ai already got better, but there is still way for improvement.
Armies still act often not smart and misses chances or ruins them. Breaking a siege to help somewhere far away, even if this castle garrison was just 50 people.
I think the A.I is mostly improved but i noticed a few guys running around a trebuchet and didn't appear to know how to use it. lol
- *Children bug*, most if not all childrens are clones and this is still not fixed since years.
Yeah i notice this to my current campaign the longest i have ever done (i am on 1.8 beta) my brother as 3 sons and they all look the same . my liitle brother as 2 sons and a daughter and the sons look the same . my character as 3 sons and they look the same. Attack of the clones.
- *The character editor*, is in dire need for more love/options, many look the same without being siblings.
Yes it dose it should be more like the mod ( detailed character creation ) . Also remember the video of the npc starting as child and growing old in that it seemed to be more impactful than what we got . my characters 58 and got a few wrinkles but not that old now grey hairs or anything . I think they have a look at that too.
I do not want whine too much, 1.8 is a great update and good step in the right direction, but honestly the children bug is killing the game for me always.
At the time when my first character dies and I move on to the next generation the world is filled with lots of clones, and thats very immersion breaking and not really fun.
totally agree plus they need to add more names 3 ofthe kids have the same name.

Once a lord/lady is captured executions could be put to a vote . like voting for war this could be a faction trial, so you best hope they like you and you have a good relationship. This way if executed the negative impact could be faction wide or maybe only on the characters that voted. Also we could get a cool cutscene of a trial public law driven execution. instead of the player having god mode. At the moment in my campaign there is no one in calradia executed more people than my character and the right people are still in great relations with me and my enemies just let me go when they beat me in battle. ( i had to the Empire had united and my faction was losing and now were not) .

All rebels should be executed. Pretty standard.

Back
Top Bottom