What if better armor reduced chances of death?

Would you like to see heavily armored troops' chance of dying going down?

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Marajah

Regular
Since non-ranged tier 5-6 troops die a lot, wouldn't it be a good idea if armor values also affected chances of dying or getting knocked unconscious?
If someone in full plate armor gets bonked by a big heavy stick in the head, there's a good chance he will go down, but his chances of getting a cracked skull are far slimmer than the same bonked person without head protection.

I think this could lessen the burden of employing and training infantry and specially cavalry, which are not cost-effective at all at the moment.

There's also already a 11 page (at the moment) thread about armor values' discussion. This isn't about it. It's about a specific extra function of armor values. Keeping on topic would be nice.

Yes. This would go a way to fixing the current issue of allied lords dying too often in player-held battles too.

It actually works that way, we increased armor values and efficiency in RBM and as a side effect there are more wounded and less dead high tier troops. In vanilla the armor values are just too low / inefficient to make any noticable difference.

It actually works that way, we increased armor values and efficiency in RBM and as a side effect there are more wounded and less dead high tier troops. In vanilla the armor values are just too low / inefficient to make any noticable difference.
If that is true, it might be even easier to do. It would only be needed to increase the weight armor values have on chances of dying

But the experience on RBM doesn't necessarily prove that. It could be chances of dying are tied to how much damage is done at the killing blow, not armor values. 2 different things

I'd also like it if better armor actually reduced damage.
^
I really like the idea of armor reducing chances of death.

If M&B is happy to reduce the chances of killing blows for blunt damage, armor should definitely reduce the chances of death.

I'd also like it if better armor actually reduced damage.
Yeah, first they need to make armor actually work in vanilla instead of being toilet paper wrapped around your body, one of the first mods that came out to the game was "armor does something", that name tell everything wrong with it already lol

Yeah, first they need to make armor actually work in vanilla instead of being toilet paper wrapped around your body, one of the first mods that came out to the game was "armor does something", that name tell everything wrong with it already lol
And yet only one mod exists to fix it now, which is annoying.

And yet only one mod exists to fix it now, which is annoying.
actually i know of two still being updated, realistic battle and drastic battle but yeah, majority of modders gave up on updating/releasing new mods since the game barely improved during early access so far, hope they'll come back once it's officially released and more stable.

Back
Top Bottom