Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Fracture.

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • Sprain or Strain.

Votes: 14 25.0%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

TheFlyingFishy said:
The pavement hurt me last night. Never broken a bone before, but can safely state it sucks a fat one now. I am just hoping like he*k I don't lose my job as a night stocker because the doctor told me it'd be two months if my arm heals correctly before I can even attempt to be unloading trucks and **** again.

That miiiiight be covered under FMLA

285698585050211.png

Evvv said:
TheFlyingFishy said:
The pavement hurt me last night. Never broken a bone before, but can safely state it sucks a fat one now. I am just hoping like he*k I don't lose my job as a night stocker because the doctor told me it'd be two months if my arm heals correctly before I can even attempt to be unloading trucks and **** again.

That miiiiight be covered under FMLA

The Fractured My Lovely Arm legislation?

Riding to work yesterday when I got to a stretch of road which was being harvested of sugatbeet. Unfortunately this involved spreading an absolute **** ton of mud onto the road, and it's rather difficult to ride a motorbike when the wheels are sliding. I was coming up to a corner when I hit the mud and I hadn't noticed how bad it was until I hit it.
It was an odd moment, I knew I'd slide off if I tried to steer so at the time it felt like the best course of action was to stay straight until I hit the verge and try to steer off when my front wheel was on something solid. It very quickly became apparent that this was a bad plan, the bike flipped over whilst flew off and headplanted. Some damage to the bike (entirely superficial I think), probably damage to my helmet but not much damage to myself except a fairly persistent headache and some aching muscles.
Exciting times. Hopefully it won't cost me too much.

They are if you go to the A&E, complain about headache and dizziness after a fall, get admitted for observation, your emergency contacts are called, they come to see you and bring flowers and chocolate. And while they're there, and the doctor is talking to you you jump out of bed and shout "HAAAHAAAH! I never even really fell! I was just bored!"

Dw, I'll be riding a bike throughout the winter, plenty of opportunities to die yet.
Many years ago my family sold our house and bought a huge massive old barn to convert into a house. It was poorly plAnned and the family home is still "temporary accommodation" but we are finally getting some shi t done. We've had steel work laid down for the flooring for a while now, we did some of the outbuildings already but r an out of concrete for a small pad round the back. It was pretty easy work, chuted it in from the concrete lorry and the  just had to do a little bit of spreading and tamping. We did the main barn this morning, I expected much the same. I also expected a couple more guys in the workforce. So I went to the gym last night and didn't worry about it.
This was much much harder. Then chute could only just get in the barn doors So We had too spread it all from one small area out to the whole floor, it's a big floor and the structural engineers were rather cautious about how much depth we needed so it was really ducking deep too. We all assumed that pushing a wheel barrow over the steel or through concrete over steel would be more effort than spreading it with rakes and shovels. We were wrong. VerY very wrong. I haven't worked so hard in at least a year and possibly never. It was literally freezing this morning but I was working in just a t shirt and dripping in sweat. We worked out that wheelbarrows were far more efficient by the time the second lorry turned up, but it was still pretty hard. AnD then when we'd finished filling the barn floor two of us took the remaining half cubic metre or so in wheelbarrows all the way around the barn to get to the pad at the back - including a short but rather steep incline and a pebble driveway.
**** me. Muscles hurt. My shoulders were on fire by the time we finished. Deadlifting yesterday and lots of bending and shovelling and lifting today = somewhat sore lower back. I plan on having a pretty lazy Sunday.

The second I believe. It's alright though, that was just a particularly cold night, it didn't get to freezing temperature the night after the concrete was laid.

Yeah,if it didn't actually get to zero celsius, or if it got enough time to set during the day before freezing, it should be fine. Otherwise, it would be weak and would be prone to cracking, with a chance of crumbling and falling apart during the next years.

Back
Top Bottom