What hardware makes a performance difference?

Users who are viewing this thread

Will a very high level modern gaming rig make a big difference in warband performance?

Or is the game software not able to take advantage of a current high performance cpu and video card?

I'm currently able to play battles with 400 men. I'm wondering how high I could get with a state of the art PC.

Warband runs on an engine developed in the 2000s, so its limits of hardware usage are somewhat lower when compared to contemporary triple A titles. It is likely that after reaching that performance cap, the game would not make use of more resources like CPU/ RAM. I do not know the exact threshold, but I do know that WSE enhances the engine and performance management.

From what I recall of the Bannerlord engine dev blog, for M&B you should prioritise single core performance (it doesn't take much if any advantage of extra cores) and TBH there may not be much to be gained (depending on where you are now, of course).

Will a very high level modern gaming rig make a big difference in warband performance?

Or is the game software not able to take advantage of a current high performance cpu and video card?

I'm currently able to play battles with 400 men. I'm wondering how high I could get with a state of the art PC.
Depends on your CPU mostly I'd say

What sort of PC do you consider "state of the art"? 1k? 2k? 3k? Over that? You can play this game comfortable—well, when it performs right on its own—on a Ryzen 2 CPU or its Intel equivalent. A late game GTX card will run it well enough, but RTX 20xx series or its AMD equivalents will run it even better with those CPUs.

Here's a good video of Bannerlord being run on an extremely powerful PC. The GPU is a RTX 3080, CPU is a i7-10700k, 16gb of RAM @ 3200mhz with resolution at 1440p @ 144hz. This should help you know where performance sits on powerful systems right now.

Back
Top Bottom