What happens when you shoot a horse at his head

What happens when you shot a horse in the head?

• The horse gets severly injured and the rider can't handle him correctly

• The horse loses control and makes the rider fall or lose control of himself too.

• Nothing. Horses are not gamers, they don't fall into that hedshet bs

• The horse feels nothing, yet the rider feels his real pain and jumps off to leave him to his faith.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Realistically? They die right?

For the sake of decent gameplay? They take extra damage like they do currently. I don’t think there is really a need to change how headshots/hits on horses work, and I hate the idea of a horse being randomly out of control because it was hit on the head.

Agreed we should not do the whole realism thing. It just doesn’t breed good gameplay. It’s frustrating and annoying

I voted for option #2; of course the horse would suffer significant damage and it depends (realistically) on where it is impacted. The horse is a pretty tough animal on the other hand and as always reality trumps fiction; here's proof of a poor injured horse after a cb bolt impact that some mother****er threw at him because he would be bored. (link-explicit)

Sorry, you're mostly wrong, the horse feels nothing because this headshot thingy isn't his cup of tea. At most, just a bar somewhere in a virtual world gets reduced a lil bit.

Last edited:
I dont think it should happen to players on foot, no. Speed affects foot combat too much for it to work. But slowing down a horseman just widens the window where you can attack him, and since it takes so many hits to kill a horse it means that your initial hits actually do something, even if you get killed in the process.

I dont think it should happen to players on foot, no. Speed affects foot combat too much for it to work. But slowing down a horseman just widens the window where you can attack him, and since it takes so many hits to kill a horse it means that your initial hits actually do something, even if you get killed in the process.
That seems to be slanted from an infantry perspective. In any event, I’ve just noticed from the thread tags that this interesting discussion is multiplayer. Fortunately, I haven’t corrupted the poll by voting. :smile:

It would die immediately or shortly there after. Had one of my daughters horses shot in the head by a moronic hunter that thought it was a deer.

Taking control away from the player I do not like, but making horses slower with less HP would go a long way toward balancing them. Also when the horse goes down, riders shouldn't be able to snap their shield up instantly to block arrows. And also when a horse runs off a 30 foot cliff, it should go down instead of running away at full gallop.

Back
Top Bottom