What happens when a faction loses all fiefs?

Users who are viewing this thread

Gandamula

Sergeant at Arms
I'm about to conquer the last two castles of the Southern Empire, they lost everything, but they still ask for money to obtain peace, there are about twenty SE parties on the map. Now I ask, what will happen to them when I occupy all their fiefs, where will they recruit, what is their source of income, will they be more likely to accept entering my kingdom?

On 1.5.5 nothing happened. They would occasionally sue for peace or declare war. They even siege sometimes until all the vassals defect. But to answer your question : no idea how it is on 1.5.7

All the vassal clans will leave to other factions although never the players I believe unless you chase them down and offer a place, which you should definitely do as with no fiefs of there own if you pass the RNG persuasion it will be cheap to get them onboard. The rulers clan will stay and try and make a come back (often through hiring mercs) in my game they have actually pulled this off a couple of times. Might be different if you are doing the main quest as Empire though.

Nothing happens. I have no idea where they get their income but they can support about 150-300 troops.
They start selling Calradian Lemonade.

I suppose you can argue that maybe there are some secret groups still funding them, so they can rise again. But really they can't do much, other then raid.

It'd be nice if individuals could leave Clans i.e. you need to maintain a positive relationship otherwise they'll bounce to greener pastures. It's silly that Clan Leaders are the only people you can have switch sides etc. Might make Charm slightly more worthwhile as it really doesn't have much utility unless you're forming your own Kingdom.

I mean you'd think after a number of years that even a Faction Leader's family and friends would start to abandon them if they didn't hold any territory.

I remember in one playthrough Garios's Western Empire (like 1.4) fell apart pretty early on. Garios literally just sat in Rhotae with his ~100 troops. No raiding, no wars, just sat there. Kinda funny, but also kinda sad.

They will still be the same as before, nothing will happen. Supposedly, they would have no sustained income and little recruit pool. The ruler clan is stuck, other clans can defect to other faction/kingdom, so most of the time only ruler clan is there in the end. Yes other clans will be easier to accept, their bargain price is mostly just about fief.

Another scenario is if you finished the main quest by unifying the empire and eliminated all enemy, all empire faction will be "destroyed", and all clans including ex-ruler clans will join you.

That part of game is quiet awkward currently. Even when text clearly show " X faction is destroyed." they are actually still there, you can still see other faction war with the destroyed faction. Also I remember a few version before there was a function that can destroy kingdom, it is removed currently?

They raid your villages 24/7. They want money to make peace. You can put 90% of them in jail and they still want money. It's pretty stupid tbh.
I makes perfect sense at the same time though, they got nothing lose and everything to gain.

It's kind of stupid that the ruler faction doesn't give up after a certain time, or that members of the faction go make a new clan or whatever.
Also, that faction hires basically all the mercenaries and go to war and siege something.
I saw poor Monchug with like a 1K+ army get beaten down by Southern Empire when trying to siege Lycaron, and his army was basically only mercs.

It's kind of stupid that the ruler faction doesn't give up after a certain time, or that members of the faction go make a new clan or whatever.
Also, that faction hires basically all the mercenaries and go to war and siege something.
I saw poor Monchug with like a 1K+ army get beaten down by Southern Empire when trying to siege Lycaron, and his army was basically only mercs.
Lmao why is he sieging Lycaron

Yea I think ideally the left clans should start a new faction after a while, or like become some sort of invasion army trying a comeback say few years later. A natural process would be like the strong faction would eventually defeat the happened-to-be weak one, then weak one become something else with chance to come back, or before that the weak one along with others to stop the strong one.

Last edited:
All the vassal clans will leave to other factions although never the players I believe unless you chase them down and offer a place, which you should definitely do as with no fiefs of there own if you pass the RNG persuasion it will be cheap to get them onboard. The rulers clan will stay and try and make a come back (often through hiring mercs) in my game they have actually pulled this off a couple of times. Might be different if you are doing the main quest as Empire though.
This

Lmao why is he sieging Lycaron

Yea I think ideally the left clans should start a new faction after a while, or like become some sort of invasion army trying a comeback say few years later. A natural process would be like the strong faction would eventually defeat the happened-to-be weak one, then weak one become something else with chance to come back, or before that the weak one along with others to stop the strong one.
Probably because southern empire was the weakest and he anyway dont have any fiefs to make a base out of lol

Right now, I faced, and defected a miserable Southern Empire army of recruits, they assembled 250 men led by the emperor, Raghea has already died,(they don't have a single Castel)
In this battle the emperor remained my prisoner. I recorded the game and I'm going to try two different branches, one I will beahed the guy, the other I'm going to try to keep him prisioneir , it's going to be a mess of saves, but at the moment my game play is completely spoiled, I have the entire Southern Empire in my possession, and I don’t have a single noble, I’ve played the whole mercenary base,it becomes a boring game mainly because I win all wars but I have to pay to have some quite moments.

Right now, I faced, and defected a miserable Southern Empire army of recruits, they assembled 250 men led by the emperor, Raghea has already died,(they don't have a single Castel)
In this battle the emperor remained my prisoner. I recorded the game and I'm going to try two different branches, one I will beahed the guy, the other I'm going to try to keep him prisioneir , it's going to be a mess of saves, but at the moment my game play is completely spoiled, I have the entire Southern Empire in my possession, and I don’t have a single noble, I’ve played the whole mercenary base,it becomes a boring game mainly because I win all wars but I have to pay to have some quite moments.
get your feeling, man! That was how I quit my save last May..

Well I guess you can still try kill all the ruler clan members as of now, at least you can destroy a clan, may be that will stop the mercs.

I've always thought the imperial factions should be prone to stampeding to another imperial faction until that becomes the new Empire. Instead they stay separate factions past the point they couldn't beat any other faction even if they all combined.

If the game prevents me from recruiting nobles, I start to chop heads, I have no choice, that no fief faction, South empire starts to hire Khuzaits archers and raid my towns, the game becomes to be bore, I spend all time fighting against one defected faction.

Back
Top Bottom