What happened to the regular updates?

Users who are viewing this thread

Adrivan

Sergeant at Arms
I only played in the first couple of weeks after the game became available, then I took a long break to wait for some more bugfixes / content to be added.

I haven't checked the forum in a while, but last time I was here updates were done on a very regular basis (at first daily then weekly). What happened? I see that updates are quite sparse now. Is the game in a decent state now? Is there any update schedule?

they most likely ran into a problem during development of the patch, and rather than releasing a broken version, they decided to delay it to this week.I assure you it's normal, it happened a lot of times during the beta

I think just pushing out whatever you can on a weekly schedule is kind of arbitrary yeah? Better to release things when they're done and/or are ready for testing.

Maybe initially they were catering to people who were complaining? idk, but people will complain on these forums and elsewhere no matter how big or frequent patches are so that's kind of a wasted effort.

Not complaining, I'm asking if there is an update schedule and if the game is in a good state atm.
Was talking to the others, but yes a patch should come soon.

I think just pushing out whatever you can on a weekly schedule is kind of arbitrary yeah? Better to release things when they're done and/or are ready for testing.

Maybe initially they were catering to people who were complaining? idk, but people will complain on these forums and elsewhere no matter how big or frequent patches are so that's kind of a wasted effort.
You're true

I don't know.. I personally like how another small company (Facepunch) handles updates for their game RUST.
They have a monthly update on the first thursday of every month. Some updates are big, some are quite small and mainly focused on bug fixes. But an update is always there.

This is the problem with giving people money before they have finished a game. There is little incentive to finish that game.

Of course this results in the company becoming finished instead, but humans tend to be shortsighted when it comes to business.

Myeah, I don't need a patch every Friday regularly, but it wouldn't hurt Taleworlds to drop "hey guys, we're working on this, this, and that right now" every now and then.

The "priority list" is so generic and devoid of any actual details it must've been written by some PR-bot.

Taleworlds supposedly had 50+ (probably closer to 100) employees even before they got all the sweet dough from EA sales, they can't be bothered to drop a quid or two on some communication intern or something?

Because the initial flood of patches was just so the game wouldn't crash or lag to all hell. People that thought that would come close to that kind of active patching post crash and bug fixing just had way too much hope.

Right now they seem to be working on adding the stuff that is just place holder ( perks and diplomacy etc. ) and as you can see by the 1 perk tree a month rate they're going at this isn't going to be some fast or even moderately quick development. You're seeing why the game took a decade to be in its current state essentially. Take it or leave it.

Sure, they don´t run away, it´s stupid to say this.

They just went for "full silent mode", I´m fine if they took their time for bigger updates (I even prefer it that way). But where is the communicating they claimed they do in their EA description of the game? They are not active on the steam forums, but now they are not even active in their own forum.

And before, only Mexxico was active. Their community manager is only posting the patch notes (some people claimed he is a bot, and I understand them), that´s not what I did expect from an EA release. I also expect more from a community manager, to which community is he talking? Not to the players I can say, maybe the community of stake holders? (We are doing fine, we have sold X copies?)

Would it hurt them to just speak with us like "we are working on X, we can´t say when it´s finished." or stuff like this? They really don´t listen to the community. And that´s a bad thing if you ask me. If the game wouldn´t be in this bad state I would say even this would be ok.

Last edited:
The last big patch was 11 days ago, since then we got 3 smaller patches.
I'd say it's a bit early to claim they took your money and ran away.
Exactly!
Patience is a virtue people! I would much rather they take their time and do things properly. I am enjoying the game right now and I do NOT use mods other than the dev console to "fix" things or help my playthrough move along.

Great game and I am happy to give them the time they need to finish it properly and provide them with feedback on bugs along the way.

If I was to hazard a guess I think they are probably changing how they are delivering stuff. The dev work will still be on-going.

I only played in the first couple of weeks after the game became available, then I took a long break to wait for some more bugfixes / content to be added.

I haven't checked the forum in a while, but last time I was here updates were done on a very regular basis (at first daily then weekly). What happened? I see that updates are quite sparse now. Is the game in a decent state now? Is there any update schedule?

There should be a new patch in the next few days. 1.4.2 Beta is stable and fun to play.

Recently they added a lot of new content with Kingdom Creation and some gameplay that goes with it. I usually don't play the Beta patches but I decide to try 1.4.2 and it's made pretty big progress with snowballing, kingdoms declaring war, stability of the game, and fixing(not entirely) some game breaking trade bugs.

I would expect 1.4.2 to drop soon. It's a solid patch if you're interested in creating your own kingdom.

Myeah, I don't need a patch every Friday regularly, but it wouldn't hurt Taleworlds to drop "hey guys, we're working on this, this, and that right now" every now and then.

The "priority list" is so generic and devoid of any actual details it must've been written by some PR-bot.

Taleworlds supposedly had 50+ (probably closer to 100) employees even before they got all the sweet dough from EA sales, they can't be bothered to drop a quid or two on some communication intern or something?

you're assuming people would be happier if they knew what was being worked on. Maybe they aren't telling us because it's not good news.
I doubt people would settle down and just wait if they knew TW were mainly working on crashfixes and minor graphical changes.

Back
Top Bottom