What happened to the promised follow-up post for future plans?

Users who are viewing this thread

If it takes TW more than a month to "plan and develop" a post about future development that's.... okay it's pretty funny but also frustrating!
Yeah but also they don't want to face an army of a 1000 nerds bullying them because of unkept promises. It is what it is...

The follow-up post with future plans is still planned and in development, you'll all be the first to know when we have information on when it's coming out.
Bruh... You guys etching this statement into a stone tablet first or something? Getting it written on a grain of rice? Inscribing it into a pin head?

Well they should've thought about that before writing all sorts of things in their devblogs which they've got no intention of adding...
Just look at this: https://forums.taleworlds.com/index...se-dev-diaries-but-not-in-game-by-now.436973/
They really should update the community on what went wrong and say what is and is not planned to implement of those dev diaries.
If they don't address this issue TW will continue to be bombarded with the fact that they lied to their costumers.
Hopefully @Dejan agrees with me and can pull some strings to make this information available.

I'm actually looking more forward to the behind the scenes expose on what went on at TW. At this point it will probably be more interesting than the game.

I'm actually looking more forward to the behind the scenes expose on what went on at TW. At this point it will probably be more interesting than the game.
I'm more interested in this too than the game, but in all probability it's Mismanagement 101, all of the chapters.
Although the MP classes bit would be a more interesting cautionary tale of hubris.

I'm more interested in this too than the game, but in all probability it's Mismanagement 101, all of the chapters.
Although the MP classes bit would be a more interesting cautionary tale of hubris.
I'm looking forward to more saucy Glassdoor reviews. Maybe somebody could do a journalism someday...

I'm looking forward to more saucy Glassdoor reviews. Maybe somebody could do a journalism someday...
hahaha.
glass door reviews are awesome.

Totally understand why people are (myself included) upset with TW - its just not a well managed company / work environment, but people are happy to get paid and work with nice people.

Awesome.

For those looking for the "Cons" listed in the glassdoor reviews to try to better understand what's happening internally:

Very friendly place (Former Intern, less than 1 year)
  • The office was a bit small

Good for Turkey standarts overall (Current Employee, more than 5 years)
  • Management is quite a mess. Lack of communication even within departments. Very long project development process due to no-planning gets tiresome. Limited environment to improve your skills. You really need to be active in the workplace to be aware of what is going on around and that takes a lot of energy. Management actually wants promising individuals to rise up through hard work and chaos and grasp the positions by their hands. While this sounds promising for such an employee, as a byproduct this technique creates so much confusion and chaos in its wake that many other employees actually suffer from its effects. This relates to the fact that there are almost no veteran employees in the company, no one to be recognized as an authority in some departments, and this fact only encourages some employees to have an opinion about everything even if you know that they have no background about the particular subjects. And the bad things is, sometimes these opinions change the way the project works. If you are good by yourself in your corner doing your job playing safe and not getting into messy stuff you are gonna be real happy in Taleworlds. If you are a warrior with unlimited energy and a promising opportunist, you will also be welcome in the company. But if you are in between those two characters, than good luck..

Most relax company ever (Current Employee, more than 3 years)
  • Average salary, development stages take longer time than usual, no extra benefit for employees, no settled professional and unique company culture.

Very smooth transition to remote internship (Former Intern, less than 1 year)
  • Huge, somewhat undocumented codebase
  • Tools bottlenecks sometimes stopping or slowing down work

Best gaming company (Former Intern, less than 1 year)
  • Developement process is very slow

it was best experience of my life (Former Intern, less than 1 year)
  • The first time you started to work, you have to learn about their technologies and there isn't documentation although developers are want to share their knowledge
Fun (Current Intern)
  • small office for many people

Best in Turkey if you are willing to be a part of big game developing company. (Current Employee, more than 1 year)
  • Lack of design and planning can sometimes gives you a headache .

Constant firefighting (Former Employee, less than 1 year)
I got frustrated with the iteration time and the overall quality of the codebase, expressed my concerns vocally to do something about it and got fired eventually for making a big fuss about it. I got a system-wide assignment with no senior programmer walking me through the gigantic spagetti codebase.

Also know folks who got fired for working on side projects in their free time, so don't mention that in an interview or later on.

Good for internship and fresh graduates for a few years. Waste of your time and efforts if you are experienced (Former Employee, more than 5 years)
  • Extremely terrible management that exploits goodwill and lack of experience of the employees. If you are the quiet and silent type, say goodbye to your basic employee rights; if you struggle, you only get some of it, like me. They didn't pay my salary for months (they paid years later, without the interest, note that Turkey has high inflation with annual rate of %10-%30); they didn't pay for my state healthcare for months (because of this I still have debt to the state); they made a false promise of salary raise; they claimed that I signed some imaginary papers; they defied labor law when I showed the article against their actions etc.; this list goes on and on. In the end, they gave my severance pay (of which they weren't obliged to since I quit) but it couldn't even cover half of what they owe me. And its not just one or two man problem; managers, hr, leads they are all the same. The worst part is no one apologizes for their faults or feels any shame or guilt on it, and you know it will repeat over and over again.
  • Employees are considered as expendable since there are lots of gamedev wannabes. For example when Warband released on consoles, physical copies were given to the guests of the managers, but not to the employees
  • Experience or technical knowledge has no value. Your opinions as an expert are mostly ignored • Crunch culture is becoming more common with worse conditions each passing year
  • Very restrictive for a company which is supposed to be creative. Restrictions on the internet, restrictions on work hours, restrictions on personal projects etc.
  • Bad project management (anyone can guess that since Bannerlord is under development for eight years). Your tasks can be reassigned to someone else without anyone telling you or your months of work can be canceled after a ten-second demo
  • Salary is below average (at least for engineers). Royalty distributions are based on your relationship with the management, instead of how much time and effort you spent

For those looking for the "Cons" listed in the glassdoor reviews to try to better understand what's happening internally:

• Management is quite a mess. Lack of communication even within departments. Very long project development process due to no-planning gets tiresome. Limited environment to improve your skills. You really need to be active in the workplace to be aware of what is going on around and that takes a lot of energy. Management actually wants promising individuals to rise up through hard work and chaos and grasp the positions by their hands. While this sounds promising for such an employee, as a byproduct this technique creates so much confusion and chaos in its wake that many other employees actually suffer from its effects. This relates to the fact that there are almost no veteran employees in the company, no one to be recognized as an authority in some departments, and this fact only encourages some employees to have an opinion about everything even if you know that they have no background about the particular subjects. And the bad things is, sometimes these opinions change the way the project works. If you are good by yourself in your corner doing your job playing safe and not getting into messy stuff you are gonna be real happy in Taleworlds. If you are a warrior with unlimited energy and a promising opportunist, you will also be welcome in the company. But if you are in between those two characters, than good luck..

• Average salary, development stages take longer time than usual, no extra benefit for employees, no settled professional and unique company culture.

• The first time you started to work, you have to learn about their technologies and there isn't documentation although developers are want to share their knowledge
Fun (Current Intern)

Best in Turkey if you are willing to be a part of big game developing company. (Current Employee, more than 1 year)

I got frustrated with the iteration time and the overall quality of the codebase, expressed my concerns vocally to do something about it and got fired eventually for making a big fuss about it. I got a system-wide assignment with no senior programmer walking me through the gigantic spagetti codebase.

Also know folks who got fired for working on side projects in their free time, so don't mention that in an interview or later on.

Good for internship and fresh graduates for a few years. Waste of your time and efforts if you are experienced (Former Employee, more than 5 years)
  • Extremely terrible management that exploits goodwill and lack of experience of the employees. If you are the quiet and silent type, say goodbye to your basic employee rights; if you struggle, you only get some of it, like me. They didn't pay my salary for months (they paid years later, without the interest, note that Turkey has high inflation with annual rate of %10-%30); they didn't pay for my state healthcare for months (because of this I still have debt to the state); they made a false promise of salary raise; they claimed that I signed some imaginary papers; they defied labor law when I showed the article against their actions etc.; this list goes on and on. In the end, they gave my severance pay (of which they weren't obliged to since I quit) but it couldn't even cover half of what they owe me. And its not just one or two man problem; managers, hr, leads they are all the same. The worst part is no one apologizes for their faults or feels any shame or guilt on it, and you know it will repeat over and over again.
  • Employees are considered as expendable since there are lots of gamedev wannabes. For example when Warband released on consoles, physical copies were given to the guests of the managers, but not to the employees
  • Experience or technical knowledge has no value. Your opinions as an expert are mostly ignored • Crunch culture is becoming more common with worse conditions each passing year
  • Very restrictive for a company which is supposed to be creative. Restrictions on the internet, restrictions on work hours, restrictions on personal projects etc.
  • Bad project management (anyone can guess that since Bannerlord is under development for eight years). Your tasks can be reassigned to someone else without anyone telling you or your months of work can be canceled after a ten-second demo
  • Salary is below average (at least for engineers). Royalty distributions are based on your relationship with the management, instead of how much time and effort you spent
Sounds like what we had to assume already. Sad to see it as an actual reality

Fun (Current Intern)

This is pretty clearly evident, the company is a giant mess.

His name was Steve, that's enough for some people.
I expected a few mutes first for spamming threads and off-topic derailments, though NOT for criticizing Taleworlds. So a straight ban is indeed strange and ominous. I guess @Orion can tell us once he finishes washing the blood from his hands.
Guess so? I don't see any mod flags on any of his activity in the last 24 and the ban took effect just a few hours ago. Also I didn't notice anything terribly spicy: just one swear filter evasion of the S word. Poop.

He was clearly very negative on the new patch. I doubt that was enough to merit a ban since I've been arguably just as bad.

Maybe those will be my last words? ?

His name was Steve, that's enough for some people.
I expected a few mutes first for spamming threads and off-topic derailments, though NOT for criticizing Taleworlds. So a straight ban is indeed strange and ominous. I guess @Orion can tell us once he finishes washing the blood from his hands.
Wasn't me, but I do know why. He recently went on a very aggressive flaming spree against a few members, and in his typical fashion was writing angry flame posts then deleting them himself after getting a reaction.

We give a lot of leeway to people who clean up their own messes, but when you're doing it in almost every exchange then it looks more like trying to evade consequences.

Back
Top Bottom