What happened to the promised follow-up post for future plans?

Users who are viewing this thread

I don't know what ya'll are still doing here, if it's taken them this long to do nothing, then the chances are it's gonna take them that long to do nothing again.

of king's and men also promised a lot of features and gameplay, then they maliciously represented their product and ran away with everyone's money. but hey, at least Taleworld's is pretending to work on the game. ?

I don't know what ya'll are still doing here, if it's taken them this long to do nothing, then the chances are it's gonna take them that long to do nothing again.

of king's and men also promised a lot of features and gameplay, then they maliciously represented their product and ran away with everyone's money. but hey, at least Taleworld's is pretending to work on the game. ?
I am here to call them out, that's about it.

For wanting what we were promised? That we paid money for?
If you want a guaranteed return to your investments go buy a US 10 year sovereign bond.

This is game development and plans can miss deadlines, or be scrapped. This is an EA game and buyers were WARNED as to what can happen. From a consumer's right perspective too, you were simply funding the development of a game no one knew the end result for.

So grow a pair and be adults, get a life for yourselves and stop ruining the game's community with childish toxicity.

I am not even here to say I am rather happy with how things are going. I just think there is something fundamentally wrong with the sense of entitlement people seems to have.

"to do nothing"... You can't be serious with that...

If you want a guaranteed return to your investments go buy a US 10 year sovereign bond. This is game development and plans can miss deadlines, or be scrapped.
Sure, early access games can be delayed. However when the delays are constant and consistent AND the communication is poor too, it is entirely justified for people who have paid money to complain.
This is an EA game and buyers were WARNED as to what can happen. From a consumer's right perspective too, you were simply funding the development of a game no one knew the end result for.
Don't spout that rubbish. Nobody has ever bought an Early Access title thinking "there is no implication that this game will ever improve." Taleworlds straight out said that Bannerlord would have a bunch of new features by the end of development, most of which still aren't in/aren't working. TW even said they expected it to be finished in a year. But they never said "the end result could be literally anything".

Taleworlds have a PR department which they barely use. They don't need you to defend their failings for free.
So grow a pair and be adults, get a life for yourselves and stop ruining the game's community with childish toxicity.
If they don't complain now, then when the game releases in a broken state people similar to you will say "well why didn't you complain before release? It's too late now."
Complaining about flaws in an EA game so they can be fixed is a good thing. Complaining that TW is working very slowly and communicating poorly is accurate and justified. Randomly throwing insults at the devs and each other isn't helpful, sure.
At any rate, "toxicity" is just a less stupid-sounding way of saying "I don't like what you're doing, stop it."
entitlement
283fb29c2eb488f80f4a82cd089aa76e252d9c66b47dcf496c28843a14293da6.jpg

The normal meaning of the word "entitled" is a good thing, not an insult. As in: You are entitled to get what you paid for.

man did someone on reddit mention the forums or something because we've gotten a big ol' wave of new white-knights over the last couple days

In they maliciously represented their product and ran away with everyone's money. but hey, at least Taleworld's is pretending to work on the game.
The saddest thing is that they probably ARE working on the game.

My guess is that they f***ed up their project development, burned a ton of cash while every team was working in different directions (most of the rule mechanics don't seem to fit together or make a coherent whole) and released at this price while promising a complete game because they needed the money to go on.

Most probably, they know they're going nowhere without a complete reorganization, concept rework etc... Which they have neither the money, nor the inclination for. I wouldn't be surprised if people at TW had regular meetings where they go through the motions of developing the game while not achieving much. (And probably getting pissed at one another, plus their customers)

In my eyes, that's just a zombie project.

The saddest thing is that they probably ARE working on the game.

My guess is that they f***ed up their project development, burned a ton of cash while every team was working in different directions (most of the rule mechanics don't seem to fit together or make a coherent whole) and released at this price while promising a complete game because they needed the money to go on.

Most probably, they know they're going nowhere without a complete reorganization, concept rework etc... Which they have neither the money, nor the inclination for. I wouldn't be surprised if people at TW had regular meetings where they go through the motions of developing the game while not achieving much. (And probably getting pissed at one another, plus their customers)

In my eyes, that's just a zombie project.
When this is the result after 9+ years and your current roadmap is as unreasonably vague as it is (majority of the bullet points are just "improvements to x") that's a clear sign of something being terribly, terribly wrong at the management level.

It is looking like at the moment the game is going to be focusing on release.

The question is what will happen after release. Nobody here outside of TW employees are going to have a firm answer.

Callum has disappeared for good it seems?

Or is this one of Taleworlds' 51 yearly holiday/vacation weeks?
Callum's last post was May 4th when he posted the 1.5.10 and 1.5.9 update notes, before that his last post was in early April. I seriously doubt he'll answer any threads. I've never seen a so called community manager who does less managing and interaction with the community. But that seems to be TW company theme.

he said made, not profit.

What does profit have to do with making the game? They can make 0 profit for all I care as long as they use the money to develop the product they said they would when we shelled out full price for what was claimed but (alas) we dont have the $$$'s worth that we exchanged at the time they said we would have it.

To recap:
TW said about 1 year EA, with XYZ features from years of dev blogs.
TW charged for the above mentioned XYZ without having it.
TW hasnt delivered the XYZ it said it would have when we paid $$$ that it asked for eventually having XYZ

---
I get your point, ALL the money we gave to TW isnt enough to make the game into 5D virtual fiefality.

But, hes 100% correct - TW made hundreds of millions of dollars, and also spent money. (Who knows how much).

Are you saying, that with all the money they made, they merely just recouped their investment and therefore shouldn't develop this game?

Instead they should make a new game, sell it in EA, and rinse an repeat with no profit?

Who cares what their profit/overhead is anyways? How is that related to selling a game with XYZ and not delivering XYZ?????
---

im really not sure what you are trying to say is what Im trying to say.

What are you trying to say?

He doesn't even know what he's trying to say. Its the last gasp of someone still trying to defend this ****show of a game.

More updates on features:
If you read that very closely it doesn't say anything. The general framework may really work to some point since it was showcased in a video... in February. Some of the more trusting users here believed that the whole feature, all the maps, would be released right afterwards, because "Taleworlds must have worked on it in secret" and "they wouldn't announce it if it was not ready".
The so-called "update" says it's not going to happen soon even now. So there's no news.

If you read that very closely it doesn't say anything. The general framework may really work to some point since it was showcased in a video... in February. Some of the more trusting users here believed that the whole feature, all the maps, would be released right afterwards, because "Taleworlds must have worked on it in secret" and "they wouldn't announce it if it was not ready".
The so-called "update" says it's not going to happen soon even now. So there's no news.
To me it's something to know that I shouldn't expect it soon.

Back
Top Bottom