What happened to the promised follow-up post for future plans?

Users who are viewing this thread

I noticed this too lads, Fless I think your onto something there. If they have instructions to hunker down and plough through their lists of work though I don't mind and would like to see their progress. Especially after they eventually push out the campaign battle map feature. What is actually the next "feature" after that though?
I think the communication should not hinder their progress. They have extra community managers so this is no excuse to stop talking.
And the only large features that we know are battle terrain and keep battles. After this there are no planes announced but i hope they turn to the mystereous banner feature next that prevents banners from being ingame now.

Can anyone please enlighten me... What is the point in telling people we introduce a feature (as it turns out very few people asked for), delay the launch, and not even make a small mention of how it goes?! This is all shady business.

Whatever they say in the statement (that should be definitive about the features in the game at release), they would get old devblogs thrown at them (with broken promises), more unfavorable comparisons to Warband and general rants about broken features or uninteresting gameplay.
I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt here and assuming they wouldn't do such a dishonest/lazy/incompetent thing as to drop all the missing features from devblogs and Warband, and say "we're also not going to fix incomplete existing features". If they did, such a reaction would be entirely justified.

You're probably going to say they will. Maybe, maybe not.

Some people will always be mad either way, but everyone's expectations will raise more and a larger number of people will have more justification for being mad the longer this goes on.
"We're not adding (feature fans want) because (reason fans don't like)."

No speculation needed, this has happened multiple times already.
My post asking why they're being so tight-fisted with information makes sense in the context that they've already committed to giving us long-term plans.

If they have information they don't want us to hear so badly, why announce they're giving us long term plans?

Well, I’m just glad they’re not launching promotional ads announcing new updates with big changes only to find out that that was meant for the last hollow patch. Looking at you, Red.

Can anyone please enlighten me... What is the point in telling people we introduce a feature (as it turns out very few people asked for), delay the launch, and not even make a small mention of how it goes?! This is all shady business.
It's a short-term distraction for the lynching mob, that may bite them in the ass in the future.
Otherwise, it looks like one of those silly decisions that bosses surrounded by yes-men tend to make.
I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt here and assuming they wouldn't do such a dishonest/lazy/incompetent thing as to drop all the missing features from devblogs and Warband, and say "we're also not going to fix incomplete existing features". If they did, such a reaction would be entirely justified.

You're probably going to say they will. Maybe, maybe not.
We kind of know by now they will only try to fix or flesh out some incomplete features.
This is the low bar we should measure their performance with - how well they can fix their existing stuff by release, anything else about adding missing features is fantasy.

Last edited:
My post asking why they're being so tight-fisted with information makes sense in the context that they've already committed to giving us long-term plans.

If they have information they don't want us to hear so badly, why announce they're giving us long term plans?
Because they made a mistake.

Be honest: if they came right out and said, straight-up, "We're not adding that stuff to Bannerlord" what do you think would happen?

Because they made a mistake.
Saying you're going to communicate with your community isn't the mistake here, it's a good thing. I don't think them saying it was unintentional.
Be honest: if they came right out and said, straight-up, "We're not adding that stuff to Bannerlord" what do you think would happen?
What do you mean "be honest", I already discussed this in the post you replied to.

I think it is a mistake if the answer is going to be something people don't like and something they won't change.
The mistake in that instance would be not changing, and damaging your reputation over a game you spent 9 years developing.

would you like to be banned? shut up acting like some dictator
Mate, I see those recent bans & mutes have changed you... Are you on some kind of parole? ;D

This is the low bar we should measure their performance with - how well they can fix their existing stuff by release, anything else about adding missing features is fantasy.
But who knows what they can announce this month, Calradian unicorns? My daughters would love that (see I asked for it).

Didn't know you were stevehoos. Would you like to be banned for being a dupe account, or will you stop posting stupid **** on your own?
Yikes, harsh coming from a mod, with behavior like that it puts into question when people get banned. mods are an extension of TW and you would think professionalism is encouraged but to see this is shocking

The mistake in that instance would be not changing, and damaging your reputation over a game you spent 9 years developing.
+5 Co-co-combo breaker

XnhQx.jpg
giphy.gif

Why do you think the PR guys or random devs who post (the ones who said there would be a follow-up) are the ones who make those decisions?

At any rate, it has been demonstrated just shutting the **** up and releasing patches would have been a better idea a lot of the time (for example, the whole thing with "we plan to continue using internals"). And this is probably another one of those times.

Are you on some kind of parole? ;D
Probably, @Erminas and @Orion give me warning points and mutes for literally any comment I make these days but **** it the forum has already been doomed by the banning of long time active members and the others leaving the forums

I see no reason to care anymore when this forum is just going to be another version of reddit soon enough, safe guarded for kids and full of ill-informed casual andy's, or maybe everyone will just stop coming here when this game releases in the same sorry ass state it's in

What do you mean by that?
There was a technical issue preventing modders from modding some aspects of the game. They put out an open letter, TW responded and said they would have a meeting about it. A while passes and TW puts out a statement like a week before the patch that they were going to remove the block in some places but keep using it in others, a bunch of people got mad because they wanted TW to stop using it entirely, one noted modder quit the scene over it.

Then patch day came and they'd removed it from 100+ sections while adding 4 usages -- so basically it was a huge blowup over nothing that could've been 100% avoided if they'd just not said **** before dropping the patch.

Tere was a technical issue preventing modders from modding some aspects of the game. They put out an open letter, TW responded and said they would have a meeting about it. A while passes and TW puts out a statement like a week before the patch that they were going to remove the block in some places but keep using it in others, a bunch of people got mad because they wanted TW to stop using it entirely, one noted modder quit the scene over it.

Then patch day came and they'd removed it from 100+ sections while adding 4 usages -- so basically it was a huge blowup over nothing that could've been 100% avoided if they'd just not said **** before dropping the patch.
Whoah o_O I didn't expect to be so much surprised about any TW's spectacular fail ever again, but here I am. Thanks for the explanation! And seriously, wow...

ur wrogn
That line of thinking is similar to what I remember of Armagan's (no communication = no mistakes) and it's faulty. Poor communication is improved by better communication, not by less communication.
So in this case, they would have been wise to head off the outrage by explaining they would only add a few internals and remove hundreds of them. It's very simple.
So why they didn't explain this ahead of the patch? Maybe because they wanted to make far less modder-friendly changes at first and were pressured by the outrage to make more of these changes. You can't communicate ahead of time if you improvise. You know it makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom